HBO: "Westworld"...Cancelled After 4 Seasons

Hopkins and Harris deserve some sort of award for their performance, they killed it.

Would have been crazy if Westworld, GOT, Ppl v OJ, and Stranger Things went up against each other this year, but Westworld started too late

it reminds me of true detective. season 1 had big names with big performances.

season 2 drop-off has as much to do with the writing and plot as it did with the actors/actresses (mostly lack of that girl in season 1 who seduces woody).

i hope HBO realizes how much of this show was carried by Hopkins. it won't thrive with just robots gaining consciousness and firing guns.

Westworld showing some love to Belgian made firearms in the finale :pimp:
I wonder how the show will progress in season 2 with all these events.
Hopkins was spectacular throughout the season and definitely deserves an Emmy for his work

Last edited:
Hopkins was spectacular throughout the season and definitely deserves an Emmy for his work

Tell me why i seen this and those scenes all turned into Call of Duty for me? :lol:

Damn just went to WW reddit for the 1st time thought NT was bad, they on another level :wow: :lol:. They savaged that delos website dry. Finding hidden codes then translating them with programs damn. They figured out the fates of Stubbs and Elsie because of this.

Last edited:
samurai world doesnt even sound fly though. I'm down for future world though. Joint like Total Recall and Demolition Man steeze.

Show DEFINITELY ABSOLUTELY, VITALLY needs stars though. Other wise its just like everything else.

Watching A.Hop and Ed eat every week was the best part.

samurai world doesnt even sound fly though. I'm down for future world though. Joint like Total Recall and Demolition Man steeze.

Show DEFINITELY ABSOLUTELY, VITALLY needs stars though. Other wise its just like everything else.

Watching A.Hop and Ed eat every week was the best part.

I'm down for future world only if the robot taxi driver and three boob lady make appearances.

Last edited:
We have so many "future world" shows, movies, video games already

I'm beyond tired of that worn out narrative.

westworld is a future/sci-fi world and straight genre/period drama all in one, wherein the former enables but exists mostly separate from the latter... with a little bit of mystery sprinkled in, it is almost the perfect entertainment vehicle

season 2 drop-off has as much to do with the writing and plot as it did with the actors/actresses (mostly lack of that girl in season 1 who seduces woody).

i hope HBO realizes how much of this show was carried by Hopkins. it won't thrive with just robots gaining consciousness and firing guns.

a.hopkins & e.harris both put in work, no doubt, but as long as they cast actors that can turn in believable performances a do good storytelling they should be fine, true detective season 1 kinda had everything kind of line up right for it, actors, director, modest expectation, performances, etc. and then season 2 comes along and it is not only an entire new cast & director, but the story isn't really related outside of the genre. westworld season 2 will likely have much more continuity, they will have to deal with expectation but the show is in pretty good place to level up

Hopkins definitely kills every scene. There's just great acting overall in the series. Thandie, Ed Harris, Wright, man so much great acting

westworld is a future/sci-fi world and straight genre/period drama all in one, wherein the former enables but exists mostly separate from the latter... with a little bit of mystery sprinkled in, it is almost the perfect entertainment vehicle

a.hopkins & e.harris both put in work, no doubt, but as long as they cast actors that can turn in believable performances a do good storytelling they should be fine, true detective season 1 kinda had everything kind of line up right for it, actors, director, modest expectation, performances, etc. and then season 2 comes along and it is not only an entire new cast & director, but the story isn't really related outside of the genre. westworld season 2 will likely have much more continuity, they will have to deal with expectation but the show is in pretty good place to level up
It really is genius to have both future and past mixed into the same plot. Present is also mixed in (corporations trying to take over, people spending money to live out their fantasy, etc.).

As for season 2, I agree -- I guess it can go either way and it'll depend a lot on how they develop the story and not just the actors, although they can't expect people like that Delos executive to carry things. I don't really know exactly which way it is going but it's got a lot of potential.

a people vs machine story arc is just gonna turn this into the terminator. The machine are still way stronger and pretty damn smart when they get the chance to find 2 idiot techs to turn up their attributes. Delores beat the hell out of MIB with all knuckles. they squared up and son had to cheat with a knife to the gut. And she still ate that ****.

Ford isn't dead. Everything the man did up until this point was to get his way. He is still pulling the strings. The board and everyone that wanted him to retire is locked inside that park. Everyone who saw him "kill" himself is in that park. He is banking on the new narrative of these killer host to wipe them all out and then he will come back and hit the hard reset on all the host. I sure he has a true "new narrative" that he will introduce but he needs to get rid of all the people that wanted to take the power from him.

Also I believe Maeve didn't reach true consciousness. Right before they made their exit Bernard was showing her that this was all part of the plan and when she gets to the train...bam, she cut him off cause she didnt want to hear it. She wanted to feel like she was in control. I think Bernard was going to tell her that she would make her way back into park. Ford planned all of this :smokin

Last edited:
Nah, Ford's dead. He finally understood why Arnold did what he did all those years ago and decided to replicate it on a grander scale. I'm not sure what next season holds but its clear Ford just created another loop. I think the only "woke" hosts are Delores and Bernard at this point.

Nah, Ford's dead. He finally understood why Arnold did what he did all those years ago and decided to replicate it on a grander scale. I'm not sure what next season holds but its clear Ford just created another loop. I think the only "woke" hosts are Delores and Bernard at this point.

What if they aren't really "woke"?

What if... This is just another loop inside of a loop?

19gtqsv3yynurjpg.jpg

#Narratives

Yo-Dawg-Heard-You.jpg

Last edited:
A genius with a God Complex is not going out that easy.Especially being killed by one of his creations.

He would if it meant his death would be a catalyst for his creations to truly be free.

Well, If Ford was the one that changed Maeve's story so she can orchestrate the break out/diversion, then he would have let her go free into the world and not return. Again, It seems as if Bernard was just about to tell her how the story played out at the train but she didn't want to hear it.

The reason Maeve didn't let Bernard finish was to do exactly this, get us to draw our own conclusions, to ignite discussions amongst the viewers and keep us hooked....how can't any of you grasp that concept :rofl:

I'm still kind of confused at people saying Ford finally Saw arnolds vision. Arnold had the vision of consciousness for these host originally, but once he realized that they may actually reach that point he also realized that westworld would be Hell to the host. Hence why he ordered Delores to kill everyone, he had no plans on this experiment going any further.

Ford went against arnold's wishes and opened the park anyway, subjecting the Host to torture for years upon years. It's only now that the board wants him out that he is trying to bring "consciousness" to the host because he's implemented this kill humans narrative. Ford doesn't care about the host at all, he cares about his legacy and his power and is using the host to do his bidding.

I personally think that Arnold is behind Maeve's "consciousness" and her vs delores will become a thing next season.

He tormented and tortured them so that the hosts know their enemies. Also, plot.

Back
Top Bottom