HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

Now that I don't have HBO since switching over to fios, my friends with HBOGO accounts have been clutch for me!!!

Hopefully this gets uploaded to the demon immediately following east coast showing. 
devil.gif

Love that HBO had the whole 1st season playing today. All caught up and ready for the new episodes. My body's been ready 
pimp.gif

With Spartacus just ending and this starting.. Life is beautiful.. Khaleesi!!!

The winter is coming.

*I'm only like 60 pages into A Clash of Kings (which is basically what this episode was)

Kinda wish they didn't move the prologue...that one scene with Stannis and the redheaded witch chick was supposed to be the very beginning, like that scene in the snow with the whitewalkers for last season's premiere. And it wasn't as strong as I hoped? I know time is short, but you didn't get a real feel for the players or why this old dude is suddenly trying to kill this chick.

But then my real letdown was that Tyrion and Cersei...man...warfare of words in the book. That whole chapter was brutal and coldblooded, and well done and thought it and just perfect...in this...all the teeth got taken out. Tyrion was supposed to smack her in the chest with the knowledge that he's been known what his siblings been up to, and she was supposed to smack him...and smack him...and smack him. Man, I got myself too hype for a scene that just didn't happen.

Weird pace and editing to the episode...maybe because they moved that scene with all new characters to the middle of it?

That said...King Robb is doing work, his mom too.
That clique of Bran, HODOR! and Osha.
laugh.gif

Dany and the Trail of Tears.
smokin.gif

And then Jon Snow and the Night's Watch...

It's like the Night's Watch and Dany/Dothraki feel like they're always better in the show than the book.

I'm too happy this is back.
Real good, not a great episode.

what MrONegative said
but it was a good ep nonetheless
i am also happy that they made their wolves bigger
pimp.gif

this season gonna be good...
devil.gif

also
roll.gif
at Rose being T.H.B.I.C

didn't notice the new gendry
nerd.gif

oh and one more thing the scene with Littlefinger and Cersei... i didn't like that part at all
littlefinger's personality doesn't fit with that scene... he's telling cersei that he knows a little too much where as in the books he's a yes-man
he doesn't make himself notice (at least not as a player)
if he disobeys he make sure no one is around to see him.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

*I'm only like 60 pages into A Clash of Kings (which is basically what this episode was)

Kinda wish they didn't move the prologue...that one scene with Stannis and the redheaded witch chick was supposed to be the very beginning, like that scene in the snow with the whitewalkers for last season's premiere. And it wasn't as strong as I hoped? I know time is short, but you didn't get a real feel for the players or why this old dude is suddenly trying to kill this chick.

But then my real letdown was that Tyrion and Cersei...man...warfare of words in the book. That whole chapter was brutal and coldblooded, and well done and thought it and just perfect...in this...all the teeth got taken out. Tyrion was supposed to smack her in the chest with the knowledge that he's been known what his siblings been up to, and she was supposed to smack him...and smack him...and smack him. Man, I got myself too hype for a scene that just didn't happen.

Weird pace and editing to the episode...maybe because they moved that scene with all new characters to the middle of it?

That said...King Robb is doing work, his mom too.
That clique of Bran, HODOR! and Osha.
laugh.gif

Dany and the Trail of Tears.
smokin.gif

And then Jon Snow and the Night's Watch...

It's like the Night's Watch and Dany/Dothraki feel like they're always better in the show than the book.

I'm too happy this is back.
Real good, not a great episode.

speaking of Osha, so far her predictions have been correct, about the comet and so forth, the one that's really telling is when she said that everyone that's fighting and killing each other all should be marching north beyond the wall, I think The Others/White Walkers are going to lay waste to westeros, better have those dragons ready
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

good episode, didn't really bother me that they deviated from the book.

from the looks of the preview ahead, #%%!# bout to pop off even further
pimp.gif

Is that new red headed chick a witch or what 
eek.gif

Robb has got that swagger now
pimp.gif

This dude Joffrey don't give a damn
laugh.gif

Like Magic said The Game of Thrones is Back!

dude. some guy put the entire episode on youtube. PM me if yall want it.
the series preview said there's 7 kingdoms fighting right? two baratheons, joffrey, stark, dany and who are the other two im missing?

The pacing and editing was straight terrible

But it's a set up episode so whatever

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

dude. some guy put the entire episode on youtube. PM me if yall want it.
the series preview said there's 7 kingdoms fighting right? two baratheons, joffrey, stark, dany and who are the other two im missing?
the ones with that castle in the "sky" where that kid was suckling on his moms and those hicks that control the bridge? not sure tho. 

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Is that new red headed chick a witch or what 
eek.gif

Robb has got that swagger now
pimp.gif

This dude Joffrey don't give a damn
laugh.gif

Like Magic said The Game of Thrones is Back!
robb gangsta as *+%$
info on the chick with the red on...

Solid first ep. With so many story lines going on at once it's going to take at least 2 or 3 episodes to really appreciate this season and what's about to go down.

Back
Top Bottom