HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

The prologue, and early chapters - especially tyrion and arya were really good in the book. Was disappointed in Dany's scene too, felt rushed. Will be interesting to see how much they deviate from the source this go around.

I thought the first episode was dope
pimp.gif

Episode synopsis:
Spoiler [+]
"Tyrion Lannister, the new Hand of the King, attempts to control the situation in King's Landing by opposing Cersei and her purges. The Stark ward Theon Greyjoy reunites with his father Balon at the Iron Islands. Arya and the rest of the Night's Watch recruits continue to travel to the Wall. Davos Seaworth hires a pirate to help King Stannis in the war. "

Episode 12 - Preview

My only gripe about this show is how much context you lose from the reading. I know it's unavoidable due to you just not being able to transfer entire pages to screen. still though, you miss out on so much understanding. The Melisandre prologue was so much bigger than that and i know half the people in here won't even realize that. It's all good though. The premiere sets the scene up well for the major players. Tyrion
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Wow I just found out its 10 episodes per season

They are gonna skip ALOT of stuff and piss people off

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

episode 2 is out there. im having trouble finding it

All I can find at the moment is a version thats dubbed over in Polish...

Unwatchable...

Won't be long though until a proper version is out there..

Originally Posted by DubA169

Damn.  Season's going to be over before we know it.  
frown.gif

The pace of this season will probably pick up quick after the premiere.

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by DubA169

Maybe, but it also means less BS in the episodes..
I'm thinking of reading the books now that everyone is saying they're cutting some good stuff out, but I won't read ahead...
u ever done drugs before?

i hope you have an iron will and do not have an addictive personality.  once you start reading its going to be next to impossible to not read ahead to find out wahts going on.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

My only gripe about this show is how much context you lose from the reading. I know it's unavoidable due to you just not being able to transfer entire pages to screen. still though, you miss out on so much understanding. The Melisandre prologue was so much bigger than that and i know half the people in here won't even realize that. It's all good though. The premiere sets the scene up well for the major players. Tyrion
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I'm sure they will get into it more in the future episodes, but they barely touched up Davos Seaworth, barely even introduced him by name.  I think that his character is key for the Stannis story arc. 

Episode's better the 2nd time around, but they really really shouldn't have combined the two Cressen and Melisandre (old guy and redhead) scenes into that little thing bonfire/dinner thing.

They should've had the first part with the poison start the season, then have the 2nd part end the episode...would've meant so much more, gave the ep some balance and direction and more meaning to these important new characters.

and Patchface...
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I started the 2nd book, didn't get far because of school and such but I didn't read enough to pick somethings out in the episode.
Overall I thought it was a solid episode, somethings could have been done better tho.
Those direwolves
pimp.gif

As others have said it's unfortunate that they stuck with 10 episode seasons. I feel 15 would have been perfect to do ACOK and then break ASOS into two seasons.

so renly is gay right? why do the previews show him with a girl by his side? what happened to the guy sucking renly off? is he still relevant?

so renly is gay right? why do the previews show him with a girl by his side? what happened to the guy sucking renly off? is he still relevant?
Spoiler [+]
it's never directly stated in the book, more implied and up to the reader's discretion to decide one way or the other. Lancel, a Lannister and cousin to Cersei/Jaime/Tyrion, is the one sucking him off in that episode last season and as long as they continue to stay true to the source, he will pop back up in some form of relevancy this season

Spoiler [+]
it's never directly stated in the book, more implied and up to the reader's discretion to decide one way or the other. Lancel, a Lannister and cousin to Cersei/Jaime/Tyrion, is the one sucking him off in that episode last season and as long as they continue to stay true to the source, he will pop back up in some form of relevancy this season
I believe you mean Loras Tyrell.

Spoiler [+]
Wasn't it Loras, not Lancel?  I think George R.R. Martin wanted us to question how close the friendship is between the two.  It also doesn't help that Loras is known as The Knight of Flowers.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Spoiler [+]
I believe you mean Loras Tyrell.

yup Loras. My bad. too many characters

I just read the first four books all in one rush, so with that being in my recent memory...

It's HEAVILY implied he's gay to the point that it isn't debatable. Even other characters make jokes and comments about it

Back
Top Bottom