HBO's HARD KNOCKS: the Miami Dolphins

As a dolphins fan, I'm not sad to see Chad go. 

What's the word on the rest of the WR corp? Do you think they need to add someone else or are you ok with the group you have now? I saw the Bengals waived Jordan Shipley who had a solid rookie year & then tore his knee up early last year. What would you think about adding him if he's healthy?

Him and Coughlin are very different. Coughlin was strict back in the day but he wasn't a prick. There's a BIG difference. Over the last few years, Coughlin has lightened up a lot and has calmed down.

coughlin acting like a square as well:

Sunday, August 19, 2012
Tom Coughlin looking into video
By Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPNNewYork.com

New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin said he will look into an Internet video in which defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul dumps Prince Amukamara into an ice tub in what appeared to be a prank played on the cornerback.

The video, which was tweeted by punter Steve Weatherford and contains harsh language, shows several Giants players following Pierre-Paul, who carried Amukamara on his shoulder to the area where players ice down in tubs.

Coughlin In no way is anything that occurs within this family or within our group should that be a part of any social media aspect. So I am going to address that strongly because I spent a little time on that this preseason.
” -- Giants coach Tom Coughlin

Pierre-Paul then throws Amukamara head-first into the tub, which appeared to be made of plastic or rubber. Amukamara, who didn't put up a struggle while on Pierre-Paul's shoulder, appears upset after emerging from the tub. Pierre-Paul then curses and uses insensitive language before high-fiving a teammate as he makes it sound as if he was putting Amukamara in his place with the hijink.

Coughlin did not sound thrilled to learn of the video.

"I'm learning about that today," Coughlin said in a conference call with reporters Sunday afternoon. "I really didn't have any information about that until maybe an hour before this conference call. I am going to look into it and talk to the parties involved.

"There may have ... as I'm understanding it, there were some parts of it that were inappropriate. In no way is anything that occurs within this family or within our group should that be a part of any social media aspect. So I am going to address that strongly because I spent a little time on that this preseason. I will look into that further."

Weatherford apologized for posting the video via his Twitter account Sunday.

"I want to apologize to the fans... The video I posted was distasteful," Weatherford tweeted. "Our team is a family, and we love each other. I am sorry to the fans."

Amukamara, 23, was the subject of rookie hazing last season, including having his tie and dress shirt cut before a road trip.

"Yeah, um, well, I mean, I just don't get it. I don't understand the rules," Amukamara told the Newark Star-Ledger on Saturday night after the Giants beat the Jets, 26-3. "I mean, I'm not a rookie anymore, so I don't know why I'm getting thrown in the tub. I know it's all love.

"Yeah, no one ever likes it, especially when it's you versus eight and no one's helping you. But it doesn't mess up our team morale or anything."

Amukamara, the team's 2011 first-round draft pick, sometimes resisted or did not go along with pranks and locker-room hijinks last year while other rookies usually took them.

During the video, several Giants players can be heard shouting as Pierre-Paul is carrying Amukamara.

"Prince, what you doing, fool?" one player shouted.

Giants Blog

Giants Looking for more information on Big Blue? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

After Amukamara lands in the ice tub, another player tells Amukamara to "stand up for yourself."

"Sometimes I think they take it overboard just because they're vets they get to be mean about it and tell you what to do," Amukamara said in an interview last season with the Newark Star-Ledger. "I just kind of flipped the whole script and kind of had fun with it with being insubordinate a little bit just so it can be more playful, and I think that that whole vibe just creates a great locker room atmosphere."

Amukamara is now the starting cornerback opposite Corey Webster with Terrell Thomas rehabbing an injured right knee.

Pierre-Paul, 23, was the team's first-round pick in 2010. He has emerged into one of the best defensive players in the NFL after having 16.5 sacks last season.

Is there any place that I can see episode 2? I'm back at school and I don't have HBO |I

^ this might sound dumb, but youtube?

i was away and couldn't watch one of the hbo 24/7 series, and i watched on youtube instead. give it a shot

^ this might sound dumb, but youtube?
i was away and couldn't watch one of the hbo 24/7 series, and i watched on youtube instead. give it a shot

I only seen episode one on there, all the ones that say episode two are advertisements

loved what reggie, dansby, and long did as far as talking to coach joe. thats what you want, leaders to step up and help with keeping the team on track. good to see that. well not as a pats fan, but generally speaking :lol:

DSA, this is way off topic but is that Jonah from Summer Heights High in your Yahoo! avy?
roll.gif

That show was fiiiiiireeeee

7-11 cause hes always open :lol: I'm mad Pat missed my man WIDE open for that TD :smh:

Interesting that the QB coach Zac Taylor is only 29. He also happens to be Mike Sherman's son in law.

Hope the Dolphins are good this year. I hate to watch them LOSE ALL THE TIME. They are my favorite NFL TEAM. I will cheer them up.

Back
Top Bottom