HBO's HARD KNOCKS: the Miami Dolphins

if TO wasnt in Seattle I know for a fact Pete Carrol woulda picked him up he believes in giving players another shot along with Tony Dungy

Yea in with the "he deservedbit" crew. Chads that dude but jus really not very good anymore. Not worth the headache.

That young cb was handlinggg him

IT IS JUST THIS ONE THING. You had no other reason other than "uhm...well...uhm we just dont mesh, we're going this way and blah blah blah"...
At least be a man and admit you are salty because of this one incident. :smh:
Yes I am mad...when i see grown men be so fake it makes me sick. This was nothing professional, all personal.

This load of BS is kinda what pissed me off yesterday too. At least have the balls to say the real reason. Don't beat around the bush saying Chad can't mesh with an offense where Legedu Naanee/Bess is the #1 receiver...aight, man. Don't be a hard nose, no-nonsense coach on the field, then babble your way through a touchy situation.

This load of BS is kinda what pissed me off yesterday too. At least have the balls to say the real reason. Don't beat around the bush saying Chad can't mesh with an offense where Legedu Naanee/Bess is the #1 receiver...aight, man. Don't be a hard nose, no-nonsense coach on the field, then babble your way through a touchy situation.
Repped and QFT!! HE must have taken dance in college or something because he danced around this entire thing....Hate to see that and on the field he is totally different. Can't believe they got Chad to agree on this being filmed and kudos to HBO for getting this edited and put up this fast. ANd as always thanks for the clip YBD.

1000!!!! post.

Yea, that is the first time EVER on Hard Knocks...  I cant believe they did that!!!!
Well, actually there is a difference between this and rookies getting cut. As its already been stated, this was personal not business. Philbin never wanted Chad in Miami and it showed with the reasons he gave for cutting him. Chad was clearly the #1 receiver on that team to use Twitter as one of the excuses is a joke. Be a man and say it was about the DV incident. Then he brings up a professional work environment but allows rookies to get a penis and scrotum cut into their hair. What? Philbin is a coward and made an example of Johnson to let the team know he was the man.

Last edited:
Yea, that is the first time EVER on Hard Knocks...  I cant believe they did that!!!!
Well, actually there is a difference between this and rookies getting cut. As its already been stated, this was personal not business. Philbin never wanted Chad in Miami and it showed with the reasons he gave for cutting him. Chad was clearly the #1 receiver on that team to use Twitter as one of the excuses is a joke. Be a man and say it was about the DV incident. Then he brings up a professional work environment but allows rookies to get a penis and scrotum cut into their hair. What? Philbin is a coward and made an example of Johnson to let the team know he was the man.
laugh.gif
C'mon, man.  I feel more for those rookies than I do for Chad.  And its not always rookies that get cut anyway so don't pretend that its ONLY UDFA guys that dont have contracts.

Chad's spent his whole career being a flamboyant line stepper when it comes to his image... He reflects poorly on his employer, most of the time its been the cute stuff like using a pylon to putt the football in the endzone and crap like that.

He already got spoken to by Philbin before this incident about using foul language with the media and let him know he needs to tone it down and CLEARLY stated that he needed to keep the organizations image in mind.   And then he goes off, only days later and gets in a physical altercation with his wife????? Arrested???????  And you're surprised he got cut? You're surprised Philbin isn't specifically citing the arrest when its on record that he talked to Chad previously about image?

IT IS JUST THIS ONE THING. You had no other reason other than "uhm...well...uhm we just dont mesh, we're going this way and blah blah blah"...
At least be a man and admit you are salty because of this one incident.
mean.gif

Yes I am mad...when i see grown men be so fake it makes me sick. This was nothing professional, all personal.
Thing is I really don't think he was salty over the DV case alone. I feel like he pretty much had his mind made up on Chad before he even signed. He did not want that dude on his team, upper management probably forced his hand on that one...Philbin was going to find any possible reason to cut Chad and Chad gave him an easy route to take
mean.gif

I do agree he should have man'd up a bit more regardless. Dude is losing his team already after I read those Dansby quotes

Last edited:
I have no sympathy for Chad Johnson.  He put himself out there and craved the attention. He got what he's asking for. Always put the organization/team before a player. Chad is replaceable. 

"Same thing make you laugh, will make you cry....."

Chad relished in reality TV and now he meets his demise on reality TV.....oh the irony.

No one knows what happened and if you've seen his wife on TV, I wouldn't be surprised if she headbutted him.

Before I even saw him cut Chad, he looked like a prick in the meeting when they showed the rookie's haircut. What a ******g square. Have some fun, you're getting paid millions to coach football. Lighten the **** up.

No one knows what happened and if you've seen his wife on TV, I wouldn't be surprised if she headbutted him.

Before I even saw him cut Chad, he looked like a prick in the meeting when they showed the rookie's haircut. What a ******g square. Have some fun, you're getting paid millions to coach football. Lighten the **** up.
I bet u wouldn't be saying this **** if it was Tom Coughlin pulling the plug on Chad.
roll.gif

And he'd 100% do it too.

Just to clarify, I dont feel bad for Chad and I am not insinuating that he didnt deserve to be cut. I just think Philbin came off as a floppy vagina. Say that the team came to the decision to cut Chad and leave it at that. No need to make excuses.

Fam youre acting like a regular guy just lost his job that he needs to keep food on his table.
An egotistical, prima donna , millionare athlete got cut by the dolphins fOr beating his wife. You feel sympathy?

100% agree - no reason to feel bad for this guys, he is doing just fine with or without football

I bet u wouldn't be saying this **** if it was Tom Coughlin pulling the plug on Chad. :rofl:

And he'd 100% do it too.

Him and Coughlin are very different. Coughlin was strict back in the day but he wasn't a prick. There's a BIG difference. Over the last few years, Coughlin has lightened up a lot and has calmed down.

Chad was told from the beginning to chill out on all the antics. He was on a short leash to begin with and he knew what he had to do since he's been below average the past few years. If he was still producing and effective he would still have a job IMO. I don't know how some of y'all feel so sorry for chad, I feel bad for the guy that got cut before practice even started.

T
And don't say "its not just this one thing..." Because yes Coach Philpin, IT IS JUST THIS ONE THING. You had no other reason other than "uhm...well...uhm we just dont mesh, we're going this way and blah blah blah"...

At least be a man and admit you are salty because of this one incident. :smh:

I'm sorry Miami fans, but I will be rooting against the Dolphins every game so Coach Prickbin can be fired sooner.
Dude is a complete clown.

Exactly what has Chad been found guilty of?

nothing...and that's irrelevant, really. he's just a huge distraction.

and i dunno how watered down the bengal offense was all those years while he was there...but he couldn't understand the plays in NE and according to what we saw last night, he couldn't figure out what was going on in MIA either. the scene during the QB meeting was amusing :lol:

Love watching hard knocks :pimp:

I agree about Philbin. Dude thinks he's Big meech but hasn't won ****.

It's cool to see players getting **** talked and yelled at throughout practice only to show up in the games :pimp:

I'm not sure what you guys are seeing (complaining about Philbin letting chad go). Chad wasn't learning the playbook at all (again), the only time he was making catches was during walkthroughs when he was going semi full speed (when everyone else was walking through hence the term "walk through"). He couldn't even run a route correctly. WTF?!! Chad is a grade A clown who had talent but never developed skill. You guys have to be Chad fan boys not to be able to see this. The f bombs, the clowing, & then the arrest were just the last straws that led to him getting cut.

Back
Top Bottom