HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

I haven’t seen the episode yet but Is getting closure such a big deal for men

For me it is. It’s about understanding. I’m not a person who is confortable assuming how/why somebody did something that hurt me. And if I can’t make sense of it I have a desire to ask questions to clear things up.

This episode also shows how great it is to be vulnerable with a person with no threat to your self. Both of them felt safe enough to be completely honest with each other about how they felt and they both respected each other’s side. Notice they weren’t trying to prove to each other how what the other thought was going on. They accepted the other viewpoint and only asked questions to understand.

We are so used to thinking that people cannot handle how we actually feel so we hold things in and just treat people different until the other person changes, and things don’t often work out very well that way. I mean look at Issa and Molly. They haven’t had an honest and open conversation about how things are effecting them but both have decided that they’ll change up how they behave trying to avoid confrontation and it’s only making things worse.

Great episode but I don’t want them back together. They’ve both been making strides separately and I want them to continue to do so. But maybe they are one of those couples that had the one bad breakup that resulted in a great future

They certainly have the chemistry and the comfortability to make it a successful relationship. If anything this last episode shows that they are fully capable of making it the long haul

I think Molly hates Issa because she thinks she's better than her.

I'm rewatching the series and totally forgot how she stormed out her parents house when she found out her dad cheated went and smashed Dro while simultaneously leaving her date and her parents :rofl:

That dialogue after Issa asked what if I wanted to stay was not real life. Even for a pair that was a couple for a long time.

Watched it again and yea, the “You make me happy” line was what threw things a bit too ”storybook ending” for me.
But the way Lawrence reacted to the “what if I wanted to stay” question makes sense for his character. He’s been shown to not be the player type but more honest and almost niave so he wouldn’t be very smooth on the reaction. Makes sense up til Issa’s response

Condola definitely preggers. She was blowing Lboogie up. Prior to the breakup she never came off as thirsty so why this episode. When he let Issa stay L made his decision right there. If they don’t end up together they will be “the one that got away” for each other”

Condola definitely preggers. She was blowing Lboogie up. Prior to the breakup she never came off as thirsty so why this episode. When he let Issa stay L made his decision right there. If they don’t end up together they will be “the one that got away” for each other”

Man that would be a painful twist, watching that last episode had me and my wife laughing because it all felt toooooo familiar, we had our breakups, I had my rebound, we had our open honest convo, wayyyyy too relatable and my take is they make it, but is because I see their dynamic as a reflection of my own and we worked past our issues and strengthen our relationship, BUT! Getting the rebound preggo woulda been the game changer and completely would change both their lives, that would be a painful but a dope twist, they finally come to terms with their love after all the pain and BOOM! Not so fast.

Leave it to a ***** to get a joint pregnant right before y’all get back together :rolleyes

B977C6A7-D401-4349-948D-B0F9799E93DF.gif

Came here to tell y’all Condola is prego for sure. It’s brilliant foreshadowing from her whole “I don’t want kids” convo. Perfect episode to get everyone feels going about L and Issa back together and then boom rip our hearts out. Best episode of this otherwise boring season. Kelly (Rothwell) has been killing all her writer episodes.

I’m finally catching up, currently on episode 7 & at scene where Molly where Molly is arguing w/ Asian Bae’s brother about the racist incident that just took place. Anyway, I say that to say this. As Molly was storming away from the booth (and agreeably so) they did a full body shot, and that means Molly’s leg were entirely featured... Molly has some top notch calves.

That scene just ended & further valid my stance on “people of colour” being a stupid & false sense of exclusivity term.

Back
Top Bottom