HBO's Series: Game of Thrones (4/17, 9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)

game_of_thrones_hbo_1.jpg

Anybody else looking forward to this series with the previews and commercials.  So far, imdb rating has it at 9.3/10
eek.gif
and season 2 has already been green lighted.

game_of_thrones_hbo_1.jpg

Anybody else looking forward to this series with the previews and commercials.  So far, imdb rating has it at 9.3/10
eek.gif
and season 2 has already been green lighted.

I'm in. HBO series usually deliver thoroughly. I'm an avid fan of the Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire so I'll give this a shot. Never saw Deadwood or Rome but I'm open to the idea of checking them out.

I'm in. HBO series usually deliver thoroughly. I'm an avid fan of the Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire so I'll give this a shot. Never saw Deadwood or Rome but I'm open to the idea of checking them out.

Thought this was about Celtic tribes or something like that. Kinda salty its actually Dungeons and Dragons steeze. Still, I'll catch it on demand. HBO rarely does us wrong.

Thought this was about Celtic tribes or something like that. Kinda salty its actually Dungeons and Dragons steeze. Still, I'll catch it on demand. HBO rarely does us wrong.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Im still pissed they cancelled Rome..very underrated imho

I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about Rome, *#%# was dope.  This looks amazing too, they have a ton of specials on it on hbo on demand and i watched them all.  Gets you hyped for it without really going into the story even though it's out there.

I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about Rome, *#%# was dope.  This looks amazing too, they have a ton of specials on it on hbo on demand and i watched them all.  Gets you hyped for it without really going into the story even though it's out there.

Not canceled, technically (I mean, you don't cancel a hit, so to speak). It was a two-season deal and obscenely expensive to produce, so all parties agreed it wasn't going to keep going.

Not canceled, technically (I mean, you don't cancel a hit, so to speak). It was a two-season deal and obscenely expensive to produce, so all parties agreed it wasn't going to keep going.

You are right it wasnt technically canceled..the creators had in mind 5/7 seasons but after seeing how expensive it turned out to be and a fire they had on the set in italy I guess both bbc and hbo decided to end it there.

You are right it wasnt technically canceled..the creators had in mind 5/7 seasons but after seeing how expensive it turned out to be and a fire they had on the set in italy I guess both bbc and hbo decided to end it there.

I was a big fan of the books back in the day, wish I got HBO. I may have to resort to other methods to try and watch this.

I was a big fan of the books back in the day, wish I got HBO. I may have to resort to other methods to try and watch this.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Rome was dope. Sucks it was cut short.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Rome was dope. Sucks it was cut short.

For the most part i'm usually glad when great shows end early (not too early), as they don't get a chance to fall off. But with how solid those two seasons of Rome were, i couldn't see that happening, just wish they could afford it.

Back
Top Bottom