HBO's The Night Of

Love how Naz wasn't having any of his Mom's fakery. Only his Pops remained loyal.

Last edited:
Naz had also seemed like he was cool with doing a bid
laugh.gif
That's because of the writing.

It's really a testament to how good it was.

Dude goes in shoulders hunched, unsure of himself in LIFE in general.

The transformation was huge, and though it seemed unreal, it's just one story about so many different things.

He was cool with doing a bid by shows end, he knew who he was and had found some comfort in it, a place in the World.

Shouldn't we all be so lucky

Last edited:
I just noticed Chandra hears the state won't re-charge and she immediately is the first to walk out :lol: Then is never seen again.

I wanted Naz to apologize for stealing his dad's cab and jamming him up so hard.

Last edited:
I just noticed Chandra hears the state won't re-charge and she immediately is the first to walk out :lol: Then is never seen again.

I wanted Naz to apologize for stealing his dad's can and jamming him up so hard.

One decision ruined so many lives.

"Throughout the whole series, the cat was symbolic of Nas to Stone. The way he struggled with liking it, not liking it, being allergic, keeping it locked in a room, playing with it sometimes, caring for it, bringing it things it may like or need, keeping it, wanting to give it away, not wanting to give it away, slowly growing attached, giving up on it, giving it back, and finally rescuing it from a cage/death and letting roam free and not in a closed room. All the while the cat is an “innocent.” Whatever Stone felt about Nas, is how he felt about the cat. Whatever Stone was struggling with the cat, is how Nas was struggling. Whatever Nas’s outcome, was going to be the cat’s outcome."-cinder1freq4n3ella

Interesting read i saw^

Also something i noticed myself but am curious to see what others think. Do people think chandra brought in the drugs because she wanted something sexual from naz? That had much more to do with him not being able to testify while being in withdrawl.

Thought this was a great mini-series.

I feel like the pilot did what a pilot does... Reels we as viewers in. No denying that the vibes in the first episode started to settle throughout he series. But if it kept up, it wouldn't be depicting reality.

As Stones ended up referring into in his last monologue, I think the biggest theme in is show is that our system is founded on this principal that a man is innocent until proven guilty. It is a prosecutors job to prove to the jury that the suspect in question is guilty blond reasonable doubt. But reasonable doubt is always subjective. Thinking rationally is subjective. The idea of what it means to be a reasonable person is subjective. What constitutes a reasonable jury.?

However, we see through this show that Nas, innocent as he may or may not be, no longer controls his label once he is a known suspect. Cops decide for thelslves what they believe to be true, lawyers, the outside community, prisoners, even Nas on mother intrinsically pick a side, guilty or not guilty, regardless of if he ends up in Rikers or walks a free man with the OJ reputation.

:lol: at all y'all wanting there to be a flashback of Nas doing it, that would have ruined the whole show. It's easy to write a mystery show about a demented creepy type, plus it's been done before. But to write a show that Exposes the judicial system and its flaws is a much harder pill to swallow.

"Throughout the whole series, the cat was symbolic of Nas to Stone. The way he struggled with liking it, not liking it, being allergic, keeping it locked in a room, playing with it sometimes, caring for it, bringing it things it may like or need, keeping it, wanting to give it away, not wanting to give it away, slowly growing attached, giving up on it, giving it back, and finally rescuing it from a cage/death and letting roam free and not in a closed room. All the while the cat is an “innocent.” Whatever Stone felt about Nas, is how he felt about the cat. Whatever Stone was struggling with the cat, is how Nas was struggling. Whatever Nas’s outcome, was going to be the cat’s outcome."-cinder1freq4n3ella

Interesting read i saw^

Also something i noticed myself but am curious to see what others think. Do people think chandra brought in the drugs because she wanted something sexual from naz? That had much more to do with him not being able to testify while being in withdrawl.
and, as we all know, naz and the cat committed the murder together.

I think had she not got caught she may have pursued something with him. I'm not sure why she did it. I just assumed he made her think his life may be in danger if he didn't get those drugs in. When the truth is getting the drugs just kept him in Freddy's good graces and kept them both high, feeding Naz's addiction.

The irony is there cuz it's Freddy who sends the video footage of Chandra kissing Naz which costs her her job/career but she's the one smuggling in drugs indirectly for Freddy :lol: :smh:

I wanted Naz to apologize for stealing his dad's can and jamming him up so hard.

I thought about this too. I wonder why his mom strayed so far away. Disbelief? Embarrassed?

His dad was a real one from the start.
Yeah the dude playing the dad was a good actor. I actually felt sorry for him the most. Cuz you can feel that faith and loyalty. Being the only one waiting for his son.

The mom just gave up. She heard the details, saw the pics and believed her son was capable of that. I dunno the stress of it all made her blink or maybe she just wasn't that strong to begin with letting all that doubt in.

Last edited:
I think had she not got caught she may have pursued something with him. I'm not sure why she did it. I just assumed he made her think his life may be in danger if he didn't get those drugs in. When the truth is getting the drugs just kept him in Freddy's good graces and kept them both high, feeding Naz's addiction.

The irony is there cuz it's Freddy who sends the video footage of Chandra kissing Naz which costs her her job/career but she's the one smuggling in drugs indirectly for Freddy :lol: :smh:
Yeah the dude playing the dad was a good actor. I actually felt sorry for him the most. Cuz you can feel that faith and loyalty. Being the only one waiting for his son.

The mom just gave up. She heard the details, saw the pics and believed her son was capable of that. I dunno the stress of it all made her blink or maybe she just wasn't that strong to begin with letting all that doubt in.

His mom was a *****. Naz pops was cool. Still feel bad after that scene where he delivered food to Chandra.

I felt the worse for his dad. Never gave up on his son. That's why dad's do.

I felt the worse for his dad. Never gave up on his son. That's why dad's do.

So much for a mother's love, huh?

:smh:
:lol: I mean from a writing perspective it'd be cliche to write the mother never losing faith and the father thinking he raised a monster and then having a strained relationship.

There had to be conflict with the parental relationship so a reverse was good. They had to be negatively affected cuz that was part of the theme. Shows how ppl are different. Cuz the mom didn't even come off mean about it. Just scared, faithless, and regretful after the fact.

Like she's gonna have to forgive herself before she makes it up to him.

Last edited:
Guy stole the car, got found with a bloody knife and did alot of drugs. Had to change schools because of violence. **** yeah she thought he did it. I thought he did it too. We still don't know 100 percent.

She even found about about him selling Adderall hahaa

Truth be told, we don' t know if he did it or officially who did it. Him admitting in the court room "I don't know if I did it" was some of the realist words he said.

Nah stone did it.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] where is that dude

Nah stone did it.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] where is that dude

Come at me bruh :lol: ...if Stone turned out to be the killer, that would have been a far better ending than what we got.

Last edited:
To me the liklihood the financial adviser did it is only slightly above facts and circumstantial evidence tha Dwayne Reed did it.

That's what I didn't like. They should've made that clear. At the end when Naz gets high they should've flashbacks to him smashing, blacking out, and then showing us who killed her.

Come at me bruh :lol: ...if Stone turned out to be the killer, that would have been a far better ending than what we got.

Lol nah it was someone else who said it as well dude was dead serious about it.

Nah it woulda been a gimmick if stone was the killer show woulda been facing some serious backlash

Back
Top Bottom