HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

TO: thaSOLEful1

That 32" Sharp is not 1080p. ALso, you should go a couple pages back, we discussed this already, getting a 32" 1080p LCD is almost useless, but thereare exceptions....

32" 1080p is not useless. If you are watching it in your bedroom or quite close i.e not from one side of the room to the other you will notice thedifference from 720p to 1080p.

I'm looking for a Samsung 32" 1080p 5 series but for a good price. Does anyone know any good sites or spots that would have them under, perhaps,700-750? I'm planning to use it mainly for blu-ray movies and games so I think the 1080p will be worth it.

Originally Posted by jonathan0389

32" 1080p is not useless. If you are watching it in your bedroom or quite close i.e not from one side of the room to the other you will notice the difference from 720p to 1080p.
no, you will not

Originally Posted by uknowdonti

I'm looking for a Samsung 32" 1080p 5 series but for a good price. Does anyone know any good sites or spots that would have them under, perhaps, 700-750? I'm planning to use it mainly for blu-ray movies and games so I think the 1080p will be worth it.
Best buy had it for $699 a couple weeks ago... keep an eye out

Originally Posted by iwhohavenothing

4wrestling
pimp.gif
set up is nice man. If I were you...I'd get rid of the wires...and get a better looking stand to hold your somponets...you can get a nice cheap joint on amazon or bby.

I'm looking to get a nicer TV stand for my next purchase. I want something like this:
31ZBUUFTqUL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

And I don't plan on putting the wires behind the wall because I only rent the place. I'll probably look for some kind of piping I can put on the walland run the wires behind.

TO: Jonahtheballer

The 37a550 is a great TV for the price, you can definitely find it well priced at local retailers. The 40a750 is an awesome TV too,BUT, those are definitelyover-priced. I'd rather get the 40a650 which is pretty much identical. Both are 120hz.

TO: the guy with hawk eyes.

Dont get a 32" 1080p LCD, your honestly wasting money.

358qn37.jpg

my setup...46 inch sony bravia S series LCD

BTW some1 explain this HDTV antenna thing...do i gotta go out and buy one or it comes with the tv

120hz isnt for everyone, but read this and you make the decision of whether it is for you or not. It has---and will become the standard by the end of 2009.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6792632-1.html

TO: TerroristTim

TV antenna's do not come with the TV. What the TV does come with is a digital tuner that can pick up both 'TV signals'. And of course to get thosesignals/channels you need........ An ANTENNA.....so go to Walmart, BBY, etc...and decide which one is for you and your geographic location. Here is this linkthat will help you with the placement of it.

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

Nice 22" LG, very clean. You might want to take that plastic off no? It will attract so much dust if you dont....

will it really attract dust?? i always thought it'd keep it cleaner
roll.gif

so how do i keep it clean? my parents '52 Bravia is dusty as @!!*

Originally Posted by MHT214

TO: thaSOLEful1

That 32" Sharp is not 1080p. ALso, you should go a couple pages back, we discussed this already, getting a 32" 1080p LCD is almost useless, but there are exceptions....
Thats the samething the guy at walmart said to me when i was lookin for one. And yes it is a 720p

What's a good home theater system to look into if you want to hook it up to a TV and PS3 using HDMI? Most reasonably priced ones I've been looking atdon't have many HDMI inputs.

Originally Posted by DemonX716

Does anyone know of its better to get a plasma over a 120hz lcd for watching sports, because I just got a 32 in Sharp Aquos lcd and i noticed some
motion blur during football games.

I was thinking of returning the lcd to costco and getting their version of this plasma
http://www.amazon.com/Pan...qid=1231097750&sr=8-1
Thanks.

I've read that plasmas are better than LCDs when you're watching sports because of the motion blurring due to all the fast movements. I have a plasma(42" Panasonic Viera) and I don't have that problem at all.

TO: shake n bake718

There are plenty of Sound Systems that have HDMI that are reasonable in price. Only bad thing is, most of them are only 1.1 HDMI, therefore do not read Audiothrough HDMI. Soooo, if you dont mind running an optical out to the reciever along with the HDMI, then there are plenty of HTIB's [ HomeTheater in a Box]to choose from.

**AND if your TV has an optical out, then your set! All you have to do is run your equipment to the TV and send the audio out the sound system.

TO: DemonX716

RETURN THAT SHARP ASAP! Get that Panasonic. You won't regret it.

What exactly do you want to know about HDMI?

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...tion_Multimedia_Interface

i seen at costco panasonic 42" 720p for 690 is it worth it? or should i just get a 32" vizio 1080p for 559 at sears?

I feel you 4wrestling
roll.gif
I told my boy that if you rent..it doesn't make sense to run the wires in the wall. And that stand is proper...one of thenicer ones I've seen that holds a 32" joint
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom