HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Thanks 4wrestling! I wasn't really looking for 7.1 but it looked to be a pretty good receiver so it piqued my interest. Out of curiosity, what is wrong with Sony? I have a ps3 that I was gonna be using as the main media player so I just assumed Sony and Sony would work well together.

I'm not a home theater expert, but Sony isn't know for their receivers.  And as with most Sony products, you're probably overpaying for the brand name.

Onkyo, Devon, Harmon Kardon, Pioneer are all probably better choices when it comes to receivers.

Hopefully someone else can provide some input as well.

if you get sony, don't get anything lower then there ES line
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Very nice

but getting the monitor 70's wasn't too smart..that receiver doesn't have enough power to properly push 4 mids and a tweet...

Should've got a pair of more efficient bookshelf speakers

Planning for the future my man.  I will have a new receiver later this year.
Even some of the better receivers won't have enough power to really get them moving.

it's a step in the right direction, though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Very nice

but getting the monitor 70's wasn't too smart..that receiver doesn't have enough power to properly push 4 mids and a tweet...

Should've got a pair of more efficient bookshelf speakers

Planning for the future my man.  I will have a new receiver later this year.
Even some of the better receivers won't have enough power to really get them moving.

it's a step in the right direction, though
pimp.gif

hey monday, I got a good deal on a SVS setup (2 speakers and the 10in sub) should I stick to that or go ahead and get the center and rears?

need hdmi cables for the tv(cable) and the ps3 are they the same or do i need to look for 2 different cables?

Originally Posted by CasperJr

need hdmi cables for the tv(cable) and the ps3 are they the same or do i need to look for 2 different cables?
They're more or less likely the same.

Just look for the same type of cable.

I just picked up a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls
happy.gif
.  Going to save up for a tube amp and a pre amp (tube too).

dont know if it's OK to post it here but, good monitors for my pc?

this dude mondaynight keeps telling me about some good speakers but i stay forgetting
smh.gif
smh.gif

finally going to have my rig up and running before the month is over and i want to get a good set of monitors

I just went through all 68 pages. Crazy to see how things have come along over the past 3 years. I completely forgot I posted back in the beginning.

^ good read dirty.

i agree with everything they stated. i never understood contrast ratios. Now i know why
laugh.gif

Finally got my speaker stands in for my surround Monitor 40's.  For the time being, my setup is complete.  Later this year I'll upgrade my TV and receiver.

cimg5930z.jpg

cimg5929v.jpg

cimg5927d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom