HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

^^
You should get all the power cords but you will need to buy speaker cable. I'm not famliar with the onkyo reciever but if your only using it as a 2.1 system i would bi-amp the speakers so you get a lot more out of your reciever and speakers.

just scored on a set of Paradigm Cinema 70 CT for $299 off amazon ....now i need a receiver ...any recommendation?
pimp.gif

YDbounce..you just need speaker cable

Get some 12 gauge cable from monoprice.com

i3 - get the onkyo 607..best bang for buck receiver out now..

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

YDbounce..you just need speaker cable

Get some 12 gauge cable from monoprice.com

i3 - get the onkyo 607..best bang for buck receiver out now..
thanks ...will look into that ...but what you guys think of these? Yamaha RX-V765BL or Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K

yamaha receivers have great sound quality at lower price points, but they are little more complicated to use as compared to sony or pioneer receivers.

Onkyo TX-SR508 is the new 2010 entry level model with 4 HDMI 1.4a inputs and 3D capability. Direct TV will be the first television provider to bring three 3D channels. So the SR508 is the best bang for the buck now for later on if you want to watch 3D shows. $350 shipped 
pimp.gif

I'm in the process of replacing my Samsung HT-TX75 HTIB
http://www.buy.com/prod/s...q/loc/111/204231904.html

Last year I got the Harmon Kardon 254 receiver.

I upgraded my wiring with a new sub cord, 12 guage speaker wire, and banana plugs from Monoprice.

I got the BIC F-12 sub this week.

Being delivered today are the Polk CS1 and Monitor 40s (surround). Got them from Newegg this week ($72 shipped for the CS1, $122 shipped for the 40's).

Now I'm just waiting on the Monitor 70's to go on sale on Newegg ($180 or less each) for my front's to complete my system.

Oh yeah, I need a new TV as well. Constantly watching the UN55C8000. Waiting for a price break.

Pictures to soon follow.

Good deal here on a 55in LG

Frys has the LG 55LH40 55" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV for $1000 with free shipping. Next lowest price on Google Products is $1359 shipped. Thanks iconian

Specs:
  • Tuner: NTSC/ATSC w/ Clear QAM
  • Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (1080p)
  • Response Time: 2.7ms
  • 120 Hz: Yes
  • Contrast Ratio: 70,000:1 (Dynamic)
  • Viewing Angles: 178º Horizontal / 178º Vertical
  • Inputs
    • 4x HDMI
    • 3x Component
    • 1x Composite
    • 1x PC
    • 1x RF
http://www.frys.com/product/5898043

Edit: Sorry, out of stock online.  Still available in stores if you have a Fry's near you.

^^ Why not pickup the Monitor 60s or 50s since you already have a decent subwoofer in which you can crossover at 80hz.

Newegg has the Monitor 50s for $92.98 shipped
pimp.gif
and 60s for $122.98

Newegg just blew out the 70's.  I haven't been this excited in a while lol.  Should be here Tuesday!

1zx0bh4.jpg

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

4wrestling... ever thought about the PN58b860?

I haven't done heavy TV research yet since it isn't in the budget right now after the new speakers and sub.  I'm hoping that late June/early July I'll be ready for the TV.  I do tons of research before I buy anything, so I'll definitely look at the 860.

ok, i've decided on my receiver...Pioneer VSX1020K, i've look at yamaha, denon and onkyo ...and i think the pioneer fits my need ...gotta wait til i get my extra funds in a few weeks to purchase
tired.gif
laugh.gif

pioneer_vsx-1020-k_440x330.jpg

NEWEGG HAVING A PRETTY GOOD DEAL GOING ON RIGHT NOW ....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Klipsch HD 500 5.1 High Definition Theater System + FREE *2010 Model* ONKYO 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver TX-SR508 (HDMI 1.4a & 3D HDTV Ready Receiver!) for $600 AC + Free S&H!
Apply Coupon Code = "FREEGFT511A"

-from SlickDeals

Monitor 70's came today.  CS1 in the middle.  F12 sub in the corner.  Monitor 40's are surrounds.  I didn't take pics because my speaker stands aren't here yet, so they look bootleg.

I'm waiting on my new speaker cables and banana plugs from Monoprice to finish the setup.  Should be here Thursday.

cimg5905u.jpg

Very nice

but getting the monitor 70's wasn't too smart..that receiver doesn't have enough power to properly push 4 mids and a tweet...

Should've got a pair of more efficient bookshelf speakers

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Very nice

but getting the monitor 70's wasn't too smart..that receiver doesn't have enough power to properly push 4 mids and a tweet...

Should've got a pair of more efficient bookshelf speakers

Planning for the future my man.  I will have a new receiver later this year.

Back
Top Bottom