HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

I haven't seen any posts in here about it but what are your guys thoughts on 3DTV?? Bust in general or do you think it'll pick up when more movies/channels come out and when the second generation panels release?

Any place I can get a 37-42 inch HD TV for a decent price?
nerd.gif

Been doing a lot of research lately on receivers
Right now I'm planning on pulling the trigger on the onkyo tsrx308
but I just noticed the pioneer vsx-520 in the same price range

My question is which one of these receivers is better at this($250) price ?
Btw my mind is settled on the 308's.

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

I know the budget is low but for $200 what speakers would suggest for a medium size living room with a Sony Bravia and ps3. Would you go new or used? Thanks.

do you at least have a receiver?  if you're looking for a 5.1 speaker at that price, you're going to get a piece of %*+*.  but if you can live with a 2.0 for now, look into the polk monitor 60 from newegg that was posted on this page.  if you can bump your budget to $300, get the monitor 70 (you'll have to watch slickdeals, that deal pops up about every month).

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Get something better

save up a little more for an onkyo 606
the 606 has HDMI motherboard problems
eyes.gif

btw im starting with entry-level avr's(college student budget
ohwell.gif
) plus I don't need  features like video up-scaling
just music for now (2.1)

Originally Posted by gunitg23

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Get something better

save up a little more for an onkyo 606
the 606 has HDMI motherboard problems
eyes.gif

btw im starting with entry-level avr's(college student budget
ohwell.gif
) plus I don't need  features like video up-scaling
just music for now (2.1)

Get the Denon 1610 - No video upscaling and has Audyssey MultEQ. If you want the best sounding system you will need Audyssey to automatically adujst the sound to your seating position. Very important!

I have the 1610 when it came out last year. Couldn't be happier. Denon > Onkyo

My set up :

LG PK550 50'' plasma
Pioneer VSX 820K
Athena Micra 6
PS3 Slim
-------------------------
$1900 total

Bought them all in June. I pretty much read reviews for my TV, receiver and speakers and they were highly rated everywhere. I'll take pics once I have the speakers on the speaker stands and/or have the TV on my wall.

PS
1. Don't buy Onkyo receivers. I frequent Audio-Video forums/sites and all I see are "HELP! My Onkyo xxx has ____ problems!"
2. Please CALIBRATE YOUR TVs and RECEIVERS
3. Buy Baraka on Blu-Ray

I have a question. I have a Samsung HDTV and was curious if I buy this LinkStick Wireless USB for it, could I watch or stream the videos I have on my hard drive? I can't get the HD movies in my external hard drive to work on my PS3 or 360.

Or am I better off buying a media player I can connect my external hard drive to?

The system can't find the hard drive for some reason. For PS3, I read that it has to be FAT32 system, which would require me formatting the hard drive. For the 360, it just can't seem to find it. I plug in a USB flash card and it's right there but when i plug in the hard drive, it's no where to be found. I am highly considering something like this just to make it easier: http://www.bestbuy.com/si...media%20player&cp=1&lp=6

is your external hard drive connected to your computer or directly to the devices? if you have your hdd connected to a computer there is a ton of software available that will allow you to stream content to your consoles without having to purchase additional hardware.

any suggestions for a HDTV around $400? not really looking for something big since its for my room. don't really care for 1080p since the size i want it to be won't make that much of a difference.

was thinking of plasma since it's hella dark in my room but can't find anything for that price range. i'm mostly gonna be using it for gaming, and after i get it i plan to get a ps3 to watch blu rays as well.

I need help NT.

So I had a 19 inch HDTV mounted on the wall of my bedroom last year. I upgraded to a 26 inch tv last week, but when i tried to hang it up, it didn't fit to the mount. My cousin said I could buy a mount adapter plate and it should work. Is he correct, and if so, any recommendations on what mount plate to get? thanks in advance guys.

here are some pics of my house.. not my parents...
52inch sony 240hz 1080p
2nqcpw7.jpg

46inch samsung 120hz 1080p 6 series
25ew93s.jpg

daughters samsung 40inch 1080p 5 series
2zztg9d.jpg

Originally Posted by chino905

I need help NT.

So I had a 19 inch HDTV mounted on the wall of my bedroom last year. I upgraded to a 26 inch tv last week, but when i tried to hang it up, it didn't fit to the mount. My cousin said I could buy a mount adapter plate and it should work. Is he correct, and if so, any recommendations on what mount plate to get? thanks in advance guys.

how much is the mount plate? if anything just buy a mount on monoprice for around $20

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by chino905

I need help NT.

how much is the mount plate? if anything just buy a mount on monoprice for around $20
the mount that i got for my 19inch was from monoprice and i got it for around 22$. Amazon has mount plates for 20$. but the thing with buying a new mount is that i would have to drill another hole in the wall.

Originally Posted by livewyre

is your external hard drive connected to your computer or directly to the devices? if you have your hdd connected to a computer there is a ton of software available that will allow you to stream content to your consoles without having to purchase additional hardware.

I currently have two external hard drive and I can connect both on my cpu. Could you direct me to the software I can use so I can stream it via my PS3 or 360? Will it stream in 720P resolution?

search PS3 media server on google.
Install and enjoy.
just wire your connection for best streaming

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

I know the budget is low but for $200 what speakers would suggest for a medium size living room with a Sony Bravia and ps3. Would you go new or used? Thanks.

surround-sound-system--remote-controller-angle600.jpg

More PS3 news from Sony. What was already known to be a fall release has just narrowed to September 30th for Sony's $199 PS3 Surround Sound System -- at least in Japan. As you might recall, this budget Sony soundbar with integrated sub-woofer and S-Force PRO Front Surround technology tethers up snuggly with your PS3 over optical digital supporting Dolby digital, DTS, MPEG-2 AAC and Linear PCM audio formats. Model CECH-ZVS1 then bounces the surround sound off the walls when placed in front of your television. It's not Sony's best soundbar but it's the only one with a matching PlayStation logo. And for some gamers, that's likely all they'll need to know.

Originally Posted by gunitg23

search PS3 media server on google.
Install and enjoy.
just wire your connection for best streaming

Thanks, so far I got it to work using WMP11. I still have to convert some of the videos because their .mkv but that should be easy.

Back
Top Bottom