'He Was A All Star?" thread

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Josh Howard fell off hard, he was a beast before his injuries and off-court incidents
30t6p3b.gif

vin baker was the man. his post gm was legit. two players that pop in my head that went downhill from the lockout was vin baker and shawn kemp. one ate his way out of the league and the other drank himself out. baker was a 4x all star, olympian, was on the all nba teams a couple times. you cant put him on this list if cause he wasnt an "unlikely" all-star.

vin baker was the man. his post gm was legit. two players that pop in my head that went downhill from the lockout was vin baker and shawn kemp. one ate his way out of the league and the other drank himself out. baker was a 4x all star, olympian, was on the all nba teams a couple times. you cant put him on this list if cause he wasnt an "unlikely" all-star.

Originally Posted by Put em up

this thread shows who is young or just dont know basketball.
I think the question could be interpreted in two ways:
1. Who didn't DESERVE to make an all-star game; 

2. Who deserved it but his participation is FORGOTTEN.

I think Brad Miller is a good example of the first category. The years(!) he made it, he averaged 13 and 14 points a game, and he wasn't ripping the boards apart for a guy his size either. He made it mostly because of the dearth of centers in the league at the time. I mean, he made it in 2003 while averaging 13 point and 8 rebounds, with a sub-50% FG percentage. 
sick.gif

On the other hand, you have Vin Baker, who I think falls pretty emphatically into the second category. The years he made it, he was averaging damn near 20 and 10, and was pretty widely considered to be one of the better forwards in the league. Younger NTers forget that because all they remember is the fat, alcoholic Vin. Same with Terrell Brandon the year he made it. 

40-t1200812-500.jpg

Originally Posted by Put em up

this thread shows who is young or just dont know basketball.
I think the question could be interpreted in two ways:
1. Who didn't DESERVE to make an all-star game; 

2. Who deserved it but his participation is FORGOTTEN.

I think Brad Miller is a good example of the first category. The years(!) he made it, he averaged 13 and 14 points a game, and he wasn't ripping the boards apart for a guy his size either. He made it mostly because of the dearth of centers in the league at the time. I mean, he made it in 2003 while averaging 13 point and 8 rebounds, with a sub-50% FG percentage. 
sick.gif

On the other hand, you have Vin Baker, who I think falls pretty emphatically into the second category. The years he made it, he was averaging damn near 20 and 10, and was pretty widely considered to be one of the better forwards in the league. Younger NTers forget that because all they remember is the fat, alcoholic Vin. Same with Terrell Brandon the year he made it. 

40-t1200812-500.jpg

Yeah you can't put vin baker on this list, he was solid for alot of years before he flammed out

Yeah you can't put vin baker on this list, he was solid for alot of years before he flammed out

Terrell Brandon was very quietly one of the better PG's in the game for a decent stretch. How somone says Antoine Walker, I don't know either.

Terrell Brandon was very quietly one of the better PG's in the game for a decent stretch. How somone says Antoine Walker, I don't know either.

Back
Top Bottom