Headed to NYC (Times Square) for New Years....

Whats really good there on New Years Eve? I'll obviously be in Times Square for the ball drop but this is my first time going for the calendar flip (beenthere many times before), so im unsure of what goes on during that day. From anyone with experience whose been or who lives up there...what are the things todo before the ball drops? What about after? Is there any must see or must do things going on that day? Parties to hit? Appreciate the input
pimp.gif

its not worth it unless you get there EARLY. some parts of the city are closed off and there are crowds of people everywhere.

the time of your life, last year we arrived late and had to walk all the way to central park and then back to 42nd...we only made it to 48th before thebarricade blocked us...you can't have a book bag, glass bottles or lighter, YOU WILL BE SEARCHED.

i had a blast, me my girlfriend and my little brother, we were at the head of this mob of 50 plus...we walked there from 42nd and got to know one another. wepartied with female cops
pimp.gif
, after the ball drop the subway is like a freenight club until 3 or 4am.

we partied on the L train hard!...then about 25 of us went back to my place and got wasted...two NYPD females included.
good times
pimp.gif
. this year we rented a room in times square back in julyfor $800 bucks, it's the only way the police will let you thru the barricade is if you live on the barricaded streets.

Partys are gonna be south beach prices 50/100...its a zoo around there...good luck

Originally Posted by Kakashi

the time of your life, last year we arrived late and had to walk all the way to central park and then back to 42nd...we only made it to 48th before the barricade blocked us...you can't have a book bag, glass bottles or lighter, YOU WILL BE SEARCHED.

i had a blast, me my girlfriend and my little brother, we were at the head of this mob of 50 plus...we walked there from 42nd and got to know one another. we partied with female cops
pimp.gif
, after the ball drop the subway is like a free night club until 3 or 4am.

we partied on the L train hard!...then about 25 of us went back to my place and got wasted...two NYPD females included.
good times
pimp.gif
. this year we rented a room in times square back in july for $800 bucks, it's the only way the police will let you thru the barricade is if you live on the barricaded streets.

No pics of the females?

You are on drugs homie. We laugh at you fools that stand out there. Where do ya'll piss? On each other?

the time of your life, last year we arrived late and had to walk all the way to central park and then back to 42nd...we only made it to 48th before the barricade blocked us...you can't have a book bag, glass bottles or lighter, YOU WILL BE SEARCHED.

i had a blast, me my girlfriend and my little brother, we were at the head of this mob of 50 plus...we walked there from 42nd and got to know one another. we partied with female cops
pimp.gif

good times
pimp.gif
. this year we rented a room in times square back in july for $800 bucks, it's the only way the police will let you thru the barricade is if you live on the barricaded streets.

DO NOT listen to this man. If he was on the L train, he is a hipster. Watch him tell you he got off at Bedford Ave.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

pimp.gif

good times
pimp.gif

DO NOT listen to this man. If he was on the L train, he is a hipster. Watch him tell you he got off at Bedford Ave.
roll.gif
Greenpoint

I live in NY and I'd never think about this.

I went to Webster Hall on Thanksgiving Eve and the trains were a nightmare I can only imagine how it is during New Years. The crowds are going to crazy. I willprobably never head to Manhattan on a night similar to these evenings.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

You are on drugs homie. We laugh at you fools that stand out there. Where do ya'll piss? On each other?
I still don't get why people want to go there
laugh.gif
I'll be nice and warm inside a bar/house party again this year watching dudes freeze their #$%$! off.

you gotta be out of your mind, i been in ny for over 18 years and i have never even thought of going down there, its usually the coldest night of the year,people all on top of you, if you didnt get there early, you are pretty much starring at the back of someones head because you will be blocks away from thefun....i usually just stay with the family, we throw our own party, get drunk and dance away somewhere warm.

If you like people stepping on your shoes, HUGE crowds, cold weather, and no where to walk freely. Then Times Square is the place for you to celebrate NewYears.

laugh.gif
damn i didnt know it was all like that though. The cold dontmatter to me i live in freezing ##% pittsburgh
mad.gif

But if they do shut down all them streets and !%@$ like people saying, maybe i better think of a backup plan....anyone be in nyc for parties/festivities butnot for the actual outside ball drop? Any ideas for that?

I'm black...not sure bout everyone else....but I am no where near Times Square man...I usually swing through church then go drink and roll up with thelocs... City is just really too busy for all that

house parties on New Years FTW, if you wanna do Times Square get there at like 12pm maybe earlier to get your spot and have fun waiting

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

I'm black...not sure bout everyone else....but I am no where near Times Square man...I usually swing through church then go drink and roll up with the locs... City is just really too busy for all that
What does you being black have to do with anything?
laugh.gif

OP - The Times Square thing ain't worth it to be honest. I guess if you want the experience, but it's overrated. You have to stand there for a goodpart of the evening for basically what amounts to a 10-15 minute max celebration. Everyone quickly disperses afterwards and does their own thing so youdefinitely need to find somewhere to go or do after that. Tons going on throughout the city, but that depends what you're into.

if you are coming from out of town the only way to do this is by getting a hotyel room and watching the action from your window.....thats how i would doit.....however this might cost you ALOT.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

That's just stupid.

No it's not, It's freezing, crowded and a huge tourist event. Maybe something you should do once for the "experience" and thats it.

Back
Top Bottom