** Headed to PUERTO RICO TOMORROW! Any tips/advice? **

Yo bruce,

Those bio bay pics are def exaggerated, but once you get into the secluded water, any movement in the water triggers a light response. My guide was cool, he let us swim in the water even though you're not supposed to. You can see fish swimming below because you see a quick beam of light travel through here and there. Strap up for sure, I'm sure Frenchie's isn't the only spot
pimp.gif

Check out the rainforest like the guy said above, I didn't know about it last time.

Originally Posted by Bruce Uppercut

Originally Posted by dboulders

you can ride quads through the Rain Forest!!! im pretty sure the town is "Luquillo" i went in January with my girl and we did the quad riding and horseback riding. its not to expensive i think i paid like $150 for a 2 hour tour and you can go swiming in the rainforest. its was the %!*$ bro
No way.. that sounds sick! I'm supposed to go deep sea fishing on Thursday but for that price I may just do that instead... or both! 

yeah bro its def worth it. we went with a group of people who had experience with quads and me and my girl have both rode before so we were flying through the trails.. it was def great. you should google "Hacienda Carabali in Luquillo" i rode in some AF1's on the ride they got filthy.. to this day i still havent taken the mud off of them lmao.. the horseback riding was cool. that was more for my girl. my legs and #$%#^ were sore after but def still worth it.. what airport are you flying into?

EDIT: here is the link with the info

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/hacienda-carabali-atv/ 

Originally Posted by Bruce Uppercut

Originally Posted by dboulders

you can ride quads through the Rain Forest!!! im pretty sure the town is "Luquillo" i went in January with my girl and we did the quad riding and horseback riding. its not to expensive i think i paid like $150 for a 2 hour tour and you can go swiming in the rainforest. its was the %!*$ bro
No way.. that sounds sick! I'm supposed to go deep sea fishing on Thursday but for that price I may just do that instead... or both! 

yeah bro its def worth it. we went with a group of people who had experience with quads and me and my girl have both rode before so we were flying through the trails.. it was def great. you should google "Hacienda Carabali in Luquillo" i rode in some AF1's on the ride they got filthy.. to this day i still havent taken the mud off of them lmao.. the horseback riding was cool. that was more for my girl. my legs and #$%#^ were sore after but def still worth it.. what airport are you flying into?

EDIT: here is the link with the info

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/hacienda-carabali-atv/ 

Rain Forest is in Rio Grande, but right next to the border of Rio Grande/Luquillo, so, whatever.

Bacardi Factory in Cata~o.
El Morro and Old San Juan.
Bio Bay.
Clubs, women, drinking, etc, etc, etc.
pimp.gif

Shopping = Plaza Las Americas
Frenchie's is more of a "cathouse" than a strip club.
DO NOT GO INTO LA PERLA. TRUST ME.

If you need a driver, send me a PM.
laugh.gif
But seriously, if you need help or anything while you're down here, let me know, I live about 15 minutes from the airport and 20 from pretty much everything worth doing.

Rain Forest is in Rio Grande, but right next to the border of Rio Grande/Luquillo, so, whatever.

Bio Bay.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
But seriously, if you need help or anything while you're down here, let me know, I live about 15 minutes from the airport and 20 from pretty much everything worth doing.

Restaurants: Raices for traditional food, Pinones (it's an entire area near the beach) for good, cheap, and quick food. Watch out for iguana meat.

Strip club: I've never been, but I hear Lips is very good.

Bars: Walk around Old San Juan, lots of good bars around. The best bar is Shannan's pub in Guaynabo (not a tourist area), try and go with friends.

Beach: The beaches around your hotel will probably be decent or good, go to Ocean Park, probably the best beach in the metro area.
The best beach on the island is Playa Sucia in Cabo Rojo, but it is 3 hours outside of San Juan. It is well worth the trip, it will be the prettiest beach you will ever see, but it is small, and there aren't a lot of people around (no vendors, lifeguards, etc.).

Women: Easy, be funny, don't seem too uptight, be a little flashy but not too much. Women here are strict with the way men look, if they aren't into black guys, white guys, yuppy looking, surfer look, etc. they wont' make an exception for you.

Any other questions, just try and ask.

Restaurants: Raices for traditional food, Pinones (it's an entire area near the beach) for good, cheap, and quick food. Watch out for iguana meat.

Strip club: I've never been, but I hear Lips is very good.

Bars: Walk around Old San Juan, lots of good bars around. The best bar is Shannan's pub in Guaynabo (not a tourist area), try and go with friends.

Beach: The beaches around your hotel will probably be decent or good, go to Ocean Park, probably the best beach in the metro area.
The best beach on the island is Playa Sucia in Cabo Rojo, but it is 3 hours outside of San Juan. It is well worth the trip, it will be the prettiest beach you will ever see, but it is small, and there aren't a lot of people around (no vendors, lifeguards, etc.).

Women: Easy, be funny, don't seem too uptight, be a little flashy but not too much. Women here are strict with the way men look, if they aren't into black guys, white guys, yuppy looking, surfer look, etc. they wont' make an exception for you.

Any other questions, just try and ask.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

go visit:

-la perla
-the ceserios

you should be good
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

R.I.P. to OP 

I came in her just to say hit up "la perla"  
pimp.gif

Man i need to go back this summer
pimp.gif

Arecibo where you at! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

go visit:

-la perla
-the ceserios

you should be good
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

R.I.P. to OP 

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Arecibo where you at! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

go visit:

-la perla
-the ceserios

you should be good
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

R.I.P. to OP 

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Arecibo where you at! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
OP + La Perla = Malisimo 
laugh.gif

Iguana Meat at Pi~ones 
pimp.gif

Cabo Rojo is a bit of a stretch for a week vacation but still 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

go visit:

-la perla
-the ceserios

you should be good
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

R.I.P. to OP 

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Arecibo where you at! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
OP + La Perla = Malisimo 
laugh.gif

Iguana Meat at Pi~ones 
pimp.gif

Cabo Rojo is a bit of a stretch for a week vacation but still 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^ Try and do that, but if you are by yourself it might suck, try and stay a two or three days, real relax, mostly all about the beach there though (second best in Puerto Rico)

^ Try and do that, but if you are by yourself it might suck, try and stay a two or three days, real relax, mostly all about the beach there though (second best in Puerto Rico)

watch the bourdain episone. cop that sleeping cow meal or that huge porkloimn w the chicharon rainbow attached.

watch the bourdain episone. cop that sleeping cow meal or that huge porkloimn w the chicharon rainbow attached.

If your on it wake up really @#$%@*$ early, and jump on the boat ride to Culebra
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well worth it
I plan on making the most of my vacation so I'll definitely be up early and out late.
laugh.gif
I'll keep Culebra in mind. 
Iguana Meat at Pi~ones 
pimp.gif

Iguana meat?
eek.gif
This I gotta try. 

See if you have long lost family over there, hit up your cousins, smash their guts out, profit!

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My cousins hail from Spain,  Portugal and Ireland... don't think I have any in PR. [/font]

[/font]

Bio Bay.
pimp.gif

[/font]

Thanks for the advice... I'm certainly going to be hitting up the cathouse since that's pretty much what I'm looking for.
laugh.gif
Also that Bacardi factory tour sounds cool... and I hear it's free which is definitely a plus! Also, I assume "la perla" is some kind of neighborhood I should be keeping away from?
laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm looking for some good ol' fashioned traditional PR food so I'm definitely adding that to the list. 

Ok... I surf and skate and people can usually tell that about me from my demeanor and appearance so hopefully the chicks will dig it... if not there's always the brothels.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Thanks bro... I appreciate it. Maybe I'll hit u up and we'll grab a beer or something?! Always nice to meet NT friends. 

what airport are you flying into?

I'll be flying into SJU (San Juan Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport)
[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[font=arial, sans-serif]EDIT: Here is the link with the info[/font]

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/hacienda-carabali-atv/[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

Nice... that looks like hella fun I'm definitely gonna check that out too. I've been ATV'ing a few times and it's always been a blast!

Those bio bay pics are def exaggerated, but once you get into the secluded water, any movement in the water triggers a light response. My guide was cool, he let us swim in the water even though you're not supposed to. You can see fish swimming below because you see a quick beam of light travel through here and there. Strap up for sure, I'm sure Frenchie's isn't the only spot 
pimp.gif

Yeah I figured they must be photoshopped or something... but by the way you described it it sounds like something I've gotta see.
eek.gif

Thanks again for all the suggestions guys... you've been a tremendous help! Keep 'em coming if you have more suggestions!! 

If your on it wake up really @#$%@*$ early, and jump on the boat ride to Culebra
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well worth it
I plan on making the most of my vacation so I'll definitely be up early and out late.
laugh.gif
I'll keep Culebra in mind. 
Iguana Meat at Pi~ones 
pimp.gif

Iguana meat?
eek.gif
This I gotta try. 

See if you have long lost family over there, hit up your cousins, smash their guts out, profit!

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My cousins hail from Spain,  Portugal and Ireland... don't think I have any in PR. [/font]

[/font]

Bio Bay.
pimp.gif

[/font]

Thanks for the advice... I'm certainly going to be hitting up the cathouse since that's pretty much what I'm looking for.
laugh.gif
Also that Bacardi factory tour sounds cool... and I hear it's free which is definitely a plus! Also, I assume "la perla" is some kind of neighborhood I should be keeping away from?
laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm looking for some good ol' fashioned traditional PR food so I'm definitely adding that to the list. 

Ok... I surf and skate and people can usually tell that about me from my demeanor and appearance so hopefully the chicks will dig it... if not there's always the brothels.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Thanks bro... I appreciate it. Maybe I'll hit u up and we'll grab a beer or something?! Always nice to meet NT friends. 

what airport are you flying into?

I'll be flying into SJU (San Juan Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport)
[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[font=arial, sans-serif]EDIT: Here is the link with the info[/font]

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/hacienda-carabali-atv/[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

Nice... that looks like hella fun I'm definitely gonna check that out too. I've been ATV'ing a few times and it's always been a blast!

pimp.gif

Yeah I figured they must be photoshopped or something... but by the way you described it it sounds like something I've gotta see.
eek.gif

Thanks again for all the suggestions guys... you've been a tremendous help! Keep 'em coming if you have more suggestions!! 

I'm going in 2 weeks also, but Im only in San Juan for 1 night, leaving the next day on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Any suggestions if I only have 1 night?

I'm going in 2 weeks also, but Im only in San Juan for 1 night, leaving the next day on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Any suggestions if I only have 1 night?

Back
Top Bottom