Heat Vs Pacers East Semi-Finals. Good Series Folks, Now Time To Destroy Boston.

Hansbrough is just a spazz. All of his movements are just awkward/jittery - same reason he can shuffle his feet 78 times within a half second is why that looked as violent as it was, at least to me. I don't think he had any intent whatsoever. 

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by erupt107th

I can't stand some of you. All we hear is you guys complain about the NBA being soft and there not being any goons to punish people. Things start getting physical and you guys are crying in here calling them classless
30t6p3b.gif

Then you guys wanna go back and talk about how much you loved Oakley and Maxwell.

The league isn't soft; the fans are.
A LOT  of it has to do with it being the heat
Nah, most of it has to do with the league bias (atleast for me). I mean Hansborough went for the ball on his play but Wade decided not to even put up a shot after contact and T came down on his head "Flagrant 1". Thats a soft $+% flagrant foul on a basketball play but fine thats how the league is. Not even 30 second later Haslem comes with a non basketball play and goes str8 at Ts neck "flagrant 1". This I agree is a flagrant 1 in the sense of "old school ball" and I dont see a problem with it because he went at one of your stars. But in the sense that Tyler got the same exact penalty not even 30 seconds before when Haslem's was clearly worse and not even a basketball move that "happened to catch him in the face" he should have been thrown out. And then it is absolutely laughable that Pitman didnt get thrown out of the game we dont even have to speak on that.

Basically what I am trying to say is that I would love to see the NBA go back to the way it was. But at this point its not, yet some teams are allowed to play a little more "old school" and get away with it. I get that everything cant be right down the middle. But the NBA has to do a better job of being a little less biased.

The way things should have gone last night is Tyler's was a hard playoff foul. Haslem's was a flagrant 1, And Pittman should have been tossed.

All of this

I love how Psycho T hit D-Wade.

Talk about Karma. Karma is what Karma does.

1) WADE face jacked KOBE in All Star Game
2) WADE gets face jacked by Pscyho T
3) Granger acting tough and fronting LBJ
4) LBJ puts his foot under Granger, Granger gets an ankle injury
5) ??

I hope 5 is, Heats lose ! lolz

i guess in the letter of the law hansborough should have got a flagrant but C'MON SON! the haslem and pittman fouls should have been flagrant 1 and ejection, respectively.

pittman's %*$!# move would have been an ejection in any NBA era. A small small part of me is hoping for a brawl in game 6 though 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kontraband1911

i guess in the letter of the law hansborough should have got a flagrant but C'MON SON! the haslem and pittman fouls should have been flagrant 1 and ejection, respectively.

haslems was a flagrant 1...

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by erupt107th

I can't stand some of you. All we hear is you guys complain about the NBA being soft and there not being any goons to punish people. Things start getting physical and you guys are crying in here calling them classless
30t6p3b.gif

Then you guys wanna go back and talk about how much you loved Oakley and Maxwell.

The league isn't soft; the fans are.
A LOT  of it has to do with it being the heat
Nah, most of it has to do with the league bias (atleast for me). I mean Hansborough went for the ball on his play but Wade decided not to even put up a shot after contact and T came down on his head "Flagrant 1". Thats a soft $+% flagrant foul on a basketball play but fine thats how the league is. Not even 30 second later Haslem comes with a non basketball play and goes str8 at Ts neck "flagrant 1". This I agree is a flagrant 1 in the sense of "old school ball" and I dont see a problem with it because he went at one of your stars. But in the sense that Tyler got the same exact penalty not even 30 seconds before when Haslem's was clearly worse and not even a basketball move that "happened to catch him in the face" he should have been thrown out. And then it is absolutely laughable that Pitman didnt get thrown out of the game we dont even have to speak on that.

Basically what I am trying to say is that I would love to see the NBA go back to the way it was. But at this point its not, yet some teams are allowed to play a little more "old school" and get away with it. I get that everything cant be right down the middle. But the NBA has to do a better job of being a little less biased.

The way things should have gone last night is Tyler's was a hard playoff foul. Haslem's was a flagrant 1, And Pittman should have been tossed.

Exactly. Dudes still acting like those plays are equal. If you gonna let them play and go back to old school hard fouls cool, but do it for every team. BE CONSISTENT. MWP woulda been arrested in the arena if he hit somebody like that.
laugh.gif

- Hansbrough's hit was CLEARLY a play at the ball. I mean he actually blocked the shot! Wade let go of the ball and the momentum led Hansborugh's hand to Wade's face. Also we KNOW how Wade is. If he felt it was a dirty play, he would've retaliated. Should have been a regular foul.

-Haslem's play was clearly retaliation. ABSOLUTELY NO PLAY AT THE BALL!!! Excessive contact. Should have hit his grimy/ Bill Cartwright form shooting *** with a Flagrant 2.

-Dirty, bum *** Pittman's play was premeditated and had CLEAR malicious intent. He was eyeing Stephenson down waiting for him. Confirmed by the remorseless wink. Should have been a flagrant 2/ ejection. Smfh at anyone laughing or condoning this garbage act by a garbage player.

Now, initially I thought that Bum Pittman's play was just a collision, but no.

Hansborough play could be argued towards a flagrant based on reputation, but the other two are true statements. No way I'm ever changing my mind about them.

Finally, Larry Legends comment basically states that he wants a repeat of the malice in the palace. He may even enlist Metta World Peace if he's not doing anything.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Finally, Larry Legends comment basically states that he wants a repeat of the malice in the palace. He may even enlist Metta World Peace if he's not doing anything.
I think you're misinterpreting Bird's comments.

dudes in here acting like b!#ches its ball you try and play tough guys are gunna retaliate end of story.

the Pacers are DONE!

Name one tough guy back in the day that wasn't dirty.

I definitely don't condone what Pittman did, but the Heat sent a message.

Stuff got real and the Pacers are acting real limp.

Larry Legend knows.

Ok well, aside from all the dirty fouls and stuff....can we talk about the basketball?

What do the Pacers need to be doing better? As far as I can see, their biggest problem is lack of ball movement! They are the 2nd worst team in the NBA as far as assisting the basketball, and George Hill is as much of a combo guard as anyone in the league....and just a mediocre one at that.

We need more definition at the shooting guard position. Paul George is NOT a shooting guard, he is a small forward. Given his HUGE size advantage over Wade, I dont know why he doesnt try to post him up more.

Frank Vogel is a fine coach, but he was letting the team have way too much autonomy over the offense. After the 1 millionth missed 3pointer, I need to see some plays drawn up to get some layups at the rim.

Also, it seems like nobody on this team can finish at the rim. For as athletic as Paul George is, I want to see him DUNKING, not taking awkward contested layups...and I NEED to see Granger develop a midrange game. It seems like if he isnt draining 3's, he isnt contributing to the offense

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I love when GMs or owners don't whine about how the game was called or the roughness. I love that Larry Legend called his team out instead of moaning about the physicality.

I can't believe my team went soft. S-O-F-T. I'm disappointed. I never thought it would happen....that is all I have to say. -Larry Bird

Exactly why I $#@# with Larry Legend
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by solarius49

Ok well, aside from all the dirty fouls and stuff....can we talk about the basketball?

What do the Pacers need to be doing better? As far as I can see, their biggest problem is lack of ball movement! They are the 2nd worst team in the NBA as far as assisting the basketball, and George Hill is as much of a combo guard as anyone in the league....and just a mediocre one at that.
That has always been a problem, but they were able to disguise it well earlier in the series.

Yesterday, it was brought out in the limelight and they started to play "stupid basketball." 

Another thing that I noticed is that earlier in the series, the Pacers looked very confident. 

Yesterday, they looked like they just wanted to go back home for game 6.

They seemed dejected from the LeBron/Wade dismantling of the Pacers in game 4.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

5) ??

you're a fool if you think Lebron intentionally put his foot under Granger. Watch the replay again and you can see that Granger's foot moves back slightly when in fact he could have came straight down and wouldn't have touched Lebron's foot.

What do the Pacers need to be doing better? As far as I can see, their biggest problem is lack of ball movement! They are the 2nd worst team in the NBA as far as assisting the basketball
That's why I laughed when he said he wanted to see ball movement like the Dallas Mavs. His team just isn't capable of doing that consistently against a good defense.

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

5) ??

you're a fool if you think Lebron intentionally put his foot under Granger. Watch the replay again and you can see that Granger's foot moves back slightly when in fact he could have came straight down and wouldn't have touched Lebron's foot.

I did, it was dirty.  Everyone saw it.  Everyone at this level knows how to sell an intentional move look unintentional.

it's dex pittman and lance stephenson for goodness sake, they are nobodies to their respective teams. Indiana is a very tough team anyway, I don't think this should affect them at all, their mindset and brute physicality should help them come back in this series. Hibbert is physical big man, David West can pretty much post up any player, and Granger owns Lebron's soul. Pacers got this.

Didn't mind the psycho T and Haslem hit but the Pittman was a bit over the line though. But then again Pittman can't do anything right. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ill steelo

What do the Pacers need to be doing better? As far as I can see, their biggest problem is lack of ball movement! They are the 2nd worst team in the NBA as far as assisting the basketball
That's why I laughed when he said he wanted to see ball movement like the Dallas Mavs. His team just isn't capable of doing that consistently against a good defense.
Well I think the 1st problem is that they have George Hill (who is a fine player) playing point.  I was happy when they signed him, but I didnt envision him running the offense.  Him and Collison are content running full speed from basket to basket, passing to nobody, and losing the ball out of bounds, or taking ill advised transition 3's.  Idk who is available at point guard this year in free agency, but pg and backup center are our biggest problems

Was it George Hill or Collison running the point when Mike Miller lost his shoe? Point being, Barbosa was SCREAMING for the ball (Miller was guarding him and was sliding around like Mario Lemieux) and didn't get it until there was like 2 seconds left on the shot clock.
30t6p3b.gif
Dumb/inexcusable play....

Also, towards the end of the first half, George Hill had an opportunity to foul Lebron before time ran out. They were at half-court and he just let him go by. Bron passed it up to Wade, who gave it right back and he got an easy 2 as time expired.

Back
Top Bottom