Heat Vs Pacers East Semi-Finals. Good Series Folks, Now Time To Destroy Boston.

[h1]http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....g-injury-back-thats-just-one-of-his-problems/[/h1]
[h1]Dwyane Wade’s leg injury back, that’s just one of his problems[/h1]
Dwyane Wade just had the worst playoff game of his career.
Thursday night the Heat ran some sets just for Wade early yet he was scoreless in the first half and eventually finished the game 2-13 shooting with five turnovers to one assist. He was frustrated, which led to him jawing some at coach Erik Spoelstra. His meltdown was the front wave of the Heat’s Game 3 collapse.

Part of his performance was because the lower leg injury that had him missing games earlier this season has returned, reports Michael Wallace at ESPN.
Wade is dealing with lingering injuries that forced him to miss several games late in the regular season, and the Miami Heat guard required treatment in recent days for knee and leg soreness, sources told ESPN.com on Thursday.

Wade wouldn’t discuss the injury, nor would he discuss the incident with Spoelstra (saying he didn’t even remember it).

That said, it is clearly impacting his play — that was not the normal Wade out there Thursday. He wasn’t attacking with his regular abandon, rather he settled for jumpers. Indy is doing a nice job of throwing different defenders and looks at Wade, but he is still one of the game’s elite scorers. He can get his. Well, he can when healthy.

Wade’s poor performance combined with the now threatening Miami elimination in the second round had some fans Friday suggesting Wade should be traded. Fortunately Heat management would never do something so idiotic. First off, there just are not enough players of his quality on the planet and you could never get equal value back. Second, this is the guy who stuck with the Heat through some very lean years and helped recruit the talent they have now — and you’ll coldly dump him after one playoff series? That’s how you end up with Isiah Thomas’ Knicks roster.

Miami has a lot of problems, starting with the fact the Pacers are good. Miami was going to have to play well to beat them, and they sorely miss Chris Bosh’s size and ability to pull bigs out of the paint with his jump shot. Now add to that a hobbled Wade and it may be too much for Miami to overcome.

We will find out Sunday because if the Heat don’t win then and go down 3-1 the Heat’s problems will become insurmountable.

Granger is getting in Bron's head.

I'm not a fan of Bron, but I'd love for him to get in someones face.

If you're injured and you still play, the injury is irrelevant in my opinion.

ummm.. why does it seemed like the heat are already eliminated in here?

It's only 2-1 guys
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Does anyone think this series is rigged? We know the NBA makes more $ the longer the playoffs last. Maybe Stern wants a game 7 wherever possible.
The fact that wade didn't get suspended from that hit he put on Collison confirms for me that the league works "a certain way". They did not want to risk one of their stars missing a playoff game. This series is going to 7 games & the refs will make sure of it...

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Does anyone think this series is rigged? We know the NBA makes more $ the longer the playoffs last. Maybe Stern wants a game 7 wherever possible.

Could you at least base that on something? Is Bosh faking his injury like pro wrestling? Will we see pics of him on TMZ at the beach? 

Slow down with Granger stuff. He's been a bum for most of the series. West, Hill and Roy have been their 3 best players so far.

Sit back and enjoy folks, classic in the making

GRANGER
pimp.gif
this is stuff of legend, my dood wrtiting his name on the wall
ap-201205172017730210367.jpg

Indiana+Pacers+v+Miami+Heat+Game+Two+IAyPTQqGcQUl.jpg

whether pacers send MIA fishing, or MIA come all the way back...series has been EPIC thus far.

What's the beef w/ Granger and LBJ?

Also, MAD LOLZ @ TMZ reporting BOSH faking injury. LOL

That reptile needs his sun bath.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

All I know is..
Lebron better not let these weak Pacers knock em out.

Jordan only had Pippen for the most part..

Lebron got Wade. No excuses. Unless Wade is really hurt.

And to you Indiana fans.. You guys shouldnt even be hyped.

Series aint over. Especially with that simp Grainger guarding Lebron.
So the team with the 5th best record in the NBA is weak huh?
And Granger a simp?  You must not have been watching the series, bc right now he owns Lebron's soul
how does he own lebron's soul? you lack reasoning. Pacers catching the Heat at the right time, still expecting the Heat to find a way to win this series though

Yall buggin, they going to be talking about this series for a minute. 
Granger playing great D all series, if yall cant see that your in denial. He got bron and wade frustrated, dood is playing like a BULLY on the biggest stage, against the 2 of the top 4 players players in the L, coming into the series with all the chips heavily stacked against them. [rozay] BOWSE. [/rozay] 

Sit yo %$# down and appreciate that $@+%, these cats is HOOPIN right now.

Like I said, this series got the makings of a classic finish either way.

The pacers collective emotion is dangerous, they feeding off each other very well right now.

If Lebron's elbow connected to Granger's face...all hell would break loose.

Yet Granger is being deemed the bad guy cuz he knew Lebron's sneaky intention...
2nd time Lebron swung an elbow at Granger too...

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

What makes you say that?

Look at how they are crucifying Wade...how would the media take this.
That elbow was on some Metta World Peace status minus the connection.

i love how like two days ago, according to espn granger wasn't @!+! and now? complete flip flop.

a few days ago the heat were god's gift to basketball and now?

and its still 2-1. so i'm gonna keep my mouth shut and see what happens but man this is interesting.

Im not going to lie, as a Pacer fan (being on the west coast for the past couple years, I dont get to watch many games) I completely undervalued Granger as a defender. Has his D always been this solid?

Originally Posted by dreClark

What makes you say that?

Look at how they are crucifying Wade...how would the media take this.
That elbow was on some Metta World Peace status minus the connection.
really? lol

Originally Posted by solarius49

Im not going to lie, as a Pacer fan (being on the west coast for the past couple years, I dont get to watch many games) I completely undervalued Granger as a defender. Has his D always been this solid?
Hes always done his thing on Defense.  Even @ New Mexico.  The biggest knock on him coming into the draft was people werent sure if he could be an elite scorer and create shots for himself.  I would say hes one of the top 2 defenders on the team.  PG gets the slight nod IMO.  PG shows signs of brialliance and honestly has the potential to be one of the top defenders in the league.  There are just too many times he seems to act like he has no idea where he is @.  His off-ball defense could use some work too.  Hibbert is slowly becoming a defensive monster though so I see him being up there soon as well.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

LeBron seems to go into the post just to quiet his critics, not because he can provide consistent PF play. Regardless of what Wade did, if PF play is what they are lacking, then The King should be shoring up the ship. But as always, he hates playing with his back to the basket and is being exposed on his skill set. He's an athletic freak with sick court vision and (most of) the whole 9, but he is not, never was, and never will be a legit force in the post. I glad people were able to see Melo flourish at the 4, while LeBron finds it "taxing." http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...mes-says-playing-pf-injured-chris-bosh-taxing

If LeBron had true PF skills he could easily play off of Wade. With King James' athletic ability, the inside-outsdie game would be scary (if Wade had midrange). The Heat have their best PG skills in a PF body that's comfortable playing from the SF position. Meanwhile, their SG has suspect midrange/catch and shoot ability and prefers to have the the ball to execute in the half-court. Finally their PF has the best mid-range but never demands the ball in the post. The Heat have all the right skills in all the wrong places and rely too much on transition offense. They are brilliant defensively though.
Originally Posted by psk2310

As big and strong as he is, it's sad to see bron can't play in the post. I've said for a long time that he needs to pattern his game after Jamal Mashburn's. Monster Mash was a killer on the block. With bron's passing ability, he would kill defenses...
All of this.

I spoke on it in a previous post.
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

but let's not forget that the MVP of the league looked like any other role player on the road. Okay, you're having a terrible shooting 2nd half...why not bully your way to the basket like you know you can do WHENEVER you want? Why are you settling for 20 foot jumpers (playing PF no less
30t6p3b.gif
) instead of using those post moves he learned from Dream over the summer?

IF they lose this series I dont think Pat would hesistate to trade Wade. Yeah they got a great realationship but Pat wants to win and its obvious that Lebron is the better player.

When they first got together I thought it wouldnt work because Wade and Bron are the same type of player but it looked like they had it figured out last year in the playoffs until they choked at the end of game 2 in the finals. I think all that pressure is gettin in Wades head. We saw how Lebron handled it last year now we seeing how Wade is handling it.

i give it one more year barring any injuries before messing around with the team.

if they dont deliver a chip, then something has to be done. not sure which is more likely...
fire spo
riley returning
trade one of the "big three"

i really dont see riley returning. he is loyal to wade, but he is getting up there in nba mileage. not going to get equal value for him.

they probably sneak through this rd. if not, they might even make changes this year. that supporting cast is old and not doing anything.  mike miller and udonis were suppose to be key contributors.

Back
Top Bottom