Help! 42 Inch Vizzio or 42 Inch Phillips?

im getting a tv for my bro but I dnt know anything about tvs.........they have a 42 Inch vizzio or phillips both 1080p for 799.00..........what sould I belooking for in a hdtv? I just really don't knoow much what is dynamic contrast ratio?

id say vizio just on the fact that my current philips tv turns off randomly and it can get annoying when watching some shows you're really into, or evenduring big games and what not. i dont know if it happens on all models

since they're both the same price, i'd say compare inputs...

if thats the same, cop the phillips...

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

id say vizio just on the fact that my current philips tv turns off randomly and it can get annoying when watching some shows you're really into, or even during big games and what not. i dont know if it happens on all models
I love my Vizio. It's only a 32'', but the customer service is TOP NOTCH. I didn't get the extended warranty because it was adown low deal my boy gave me below cost during his last week at Circuit City. About 5 months into owning the TV, there was this minor buzzing sound beingemitted from the rear..which was annoying because my CPU is next to it so I hear it clearly. I called Vizio up, and they sent a repairman to the crib ASAP. He took apart the TV, which has roughly 3 components inside and replaced them. It's been about 7 months since and it's been working fine ever since.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

id say vizio just on the fact that my current philips tv turns off randomly and it can get annoying when watching some shows you're really into, or even
during big games and what not. i dont know if it happens on all models
I love my Vizio. It's only a 32'', but the customer service is TOP NOTCH. I didn't get the extended warranty because it was a down low deal my boy gave me below cost during his last week at Circuit City. About 5 months into owning the TV, there was this minor buzzing sound being emitted from the rear..which was annoying because my CPU is next to it so I hear it clearly. I called Vizio up, and they sent a repairman to the crib ASAP. He took apart the TV, which has roughly 3 components inside and replaced them. It's been about 7 months since and it's been working fine ever since.

damn i hate my philips, colors look a little washed out and the random times when it turns off get irritating. i need to pull that thing off the wall and putin my panasonic plasma but im too lazy, its been sitting in the garage since a week before thanksgiving

the vizzo is 1:5000 and the phillips is 1:26000 ......what does that mean the picture looks the same from what I can tell from the display

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

the vizzo is 1:5000 and the phillips is 1:26000 ......what does that mean the picture looks the same from what I can tell from the display
DO NOT compare contrast ratios between brands.

use your own judgement to see which TV creates better black levels... dont pay attention to those numbers

okay.......see how little I know? lol..........they both look the same im looking at them right now.......I can't tell the difference hoonestly......thevizzio looks bigger because the frame isbigger but screen sizes are the same 42 inch........I just never had vizzio anything and have heard of phillips but amnot sure what's better

Originally Posted by marcgrat

I do not see how this is relevant to the post? That is only from the Circuit City stores that are closing. They also have nothing to do with the prices. It is the liquidators.
would you really buy from a store that is closing down many of their locations?..
will they still be there if the TV breaks down?

...and the liquidators dictate the prices at the closing stores...so how do they not have anything to do with the prices?

I say go with the Vizzio, LT is very convincing in the commercials.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by marcgrat

I do not see how this is relevant to the post? That is only from the Circuit City stores that are closing. They also have nothing to do with the prices. It is the liquidators.
would you really buy from a store that is closing down many of their locations?..
will they still be there if the TV breaks down?

Who cares where you buy the TV, as long as its new in the box. Just looking to find the cheapest price, which Circuit City has right now.

It doesn't matter if the store is there or not, the return policy is 30 days. Circuit City is not closing within the next 30 days. If the TV breaks downwithin 30 days you bring it back, past 30 days you are on your own. Manufacturer warranty is through the MANUFACTURER. Also if for some reason you were topurchase the extended warranty, this is straight from the Circuit City website:

I purchased an extended warranty (Circuit City Advantage Plan). Will that still be honored?
Yes, absolutely. Our Advantage Plan service is handled through dedicated service companies not affiliated with Circuit City, ensuring that there will be nodisruption in your ability to get service for your covered products.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...and the liquidators dictate the prices at the closing stores...so how do they not have anything to do with the prices?http://consumerist.com/51...rice-before-taking-50-off

[h3]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:[/h3]
In law, a liquidator is the officer appointed when a company goes into winding-up or liquidation who has responsibility for collecting in all of the assets of the company andsettling all claims against the company before putting the company into dissolution.

The liquidators make the prices, not Circuit City, and there is nothing Circuit City can do about it.

But all this means nothing now because he has a $500 gift card to Wal-Mart

My bro has the 42 Phillips.

TV is NICE.

We got it for $339 at walmart bc they put the wrong price and the manager sold it since they made the error.

Would only let us get 1 though.

pimp.gif
none the less.

I have a Vizio right now and it sucks. Like some other people mentioned get a Samsung

I saw two Vizio 32" TV screens today in two seperate rooms and I just didn't like it. Vizio seems like the TV that first-time buyers would get.

Back
Top Bottom