Help Haiti; take part in NikeTalk's first ever custom sneaker charity auction! BIDDING CLOSED!

Hats off to Nike Talk for this. It has been months since the tragedy, but the pain is still being felt by hundreds of thousands in need of our help. I will be bidding on several of these shoes.

Hats off to Nike Talk for this. It has been months since the tragedy, but the pain is still being felt by hundreds of thousands in need of our help. I will be bidding on several of these shoes.

Item #4 the orange elephant print NikeTalk Dunk is actually size 9.5.

Sorry for the confusion.

Item #4 the orange elephant print NikeTalk Dunk is actually size 9.5.

Sorry for the confusion.

This is great. Shout out to everybody who made this happen. NikeTalk is truly a generous place and has been for years.

This is great. Shout out to everybody who made this happen. NikeTalk is truly a generous place and has been for years.

those Blazer's are really
smokin.gif
, too bad they aren't my size...

hope NT raises a lot of money for Haiti...

those Blazer's are really
smokin.gif
, too bad they aren't my size...

hope NT raises a lot of money for Haiti...

WOW ... NICE WORK NIKETALK.

I give the staff and the people that worked on each shoe major props.

Thanks for giving 100% of the proceeds to HAITI.

ALL the shoes look DOPE. My 2 favs are them Forces and Blazers.

I SURE WISH them Forces were in my size. I like them the best..... Thats NT FOR YOU , INFO .... PICS
roll.gif

Them BLAZERS are no joke. Such a nice clean smooth look to them and that  JBF ( JUST BUSTIN FUNK.... my homies old crew
grin.gif
) on the tongue is sweet.

WOW ... NICE WORK NIKETALK.

I give the staff and the people that worked on each shoe major props.

Thanks for giving 100% of the proceeds to HAITI.

ALL the shoes look DOPE. My 2 favs are them Forces and Blazers.

I SURE WISH them Forces were in my size. I like them the best..... Thats NT FOR YOU , INFO .... PICS
roll.gif

Them BLAZERS are no joke. Such a nice clean smooth look to them and that  JBF ( JUST BUSTIN FUNK.... my homies old crew
grin.gif
) on the tongue is sweet.

I give the staff and the people that worked on each shoe major props.  Thanks for giving 100% of the proceeds to HAITI.
I'm glad to see that people appreciate the effort and I'm tremendously grateful to everyone who's participated thus far, whether by bidding or by helping us spread the word.

Not to harp on this, but I would like to point out that, generally, when one talks about giving "100% of the proceeds," they're referring to net earnings, not gross.  In this case, it's actually 100% of the GROSS.  In fact, not only will every dollar the winners spend go straight to Doctors Without Borders, but we'll be effectively doubling bids as well, meaning you'll get even more for your money. 

To make that possible, these five artists not only donated their time and talent, but they had to cover the costs of the base shoes themselves and all the materials.  These aren't cheap shoes we're talking about.  The retail price of these shoes alone is generally lower than the $100 starting bids.  Then you have to take into account the market value of custom shoes of this caliber.  The artists really sacrificed a great deal for this, so I hope everyone appreciates their generosity as much as I do. 

One could forgive them for submitting work slightly below their usual standard, for cutting a few corners and working as efficiently as possible, knowing that these shoes would not be paying the bills for them.  Instead, just look at the amazing works of art they've created.  They each brought their A game to say the least.  I was simply blown away by the pieces they created for this event.

You can just go down the line. 

Back when I was collecting sneakers, the pairs I cherished the most all had a story behind them - and every one of these items has a wonderful story to tell. 

Look at the JGoods L'Union Fait La Force AF1 Mid Supreme and how the artist incorporated aspects of Haitian art and culture into a piece that stuns at any distance due to the intense precision of its hand-painted lines.  It's a multifaceted gem.  You can tell that he put a great deal of time and care into this piece and his devotion to helping the people of Haiti is self-evident.   That is beautiful in and of itself and only enhances what would be a spectacular design even if extricated from its context.

1ofcustoms clearly had fun with the concept of producing a shoe for the NikeTalk community while at the same time beating Nike at its own game: truly delivering on the concept of creating a shoe based on a popular superhero.  Tell me that doesn't best any of Nike's tired attempts to "unofficially" milk a comic book franchise?  It's both great satire and a great shoe. 

One can't help but feel dazzled by the craftsmanship in JBF's reconstructed Blazers.  Anyone who's ever complained about poor material and build quality in a Nike shoe should take heart.  JBF took the "premium" concept to the next level, exploring the full potential of the Nike Blazer model by substantially upgrading the materials and beautifully handcrafting the upper. 

Anyone who's ever wished for a NT PE should stand in awe of the Evolved Footwear NikeTalk Dunk.  Starting with a shoe that NikeTalk helped bring back into relevance (the '99 dunk retros tanked at retail, selling for $19 at many Footlocker locations before collectors began to really embrace the model and breathe new life into them), he combined the best of vintage Nike and Jordan products into one stunning package.  Just think about all the care and effort involved in manually recreating an elephant print pattern.  Elephant print may be something that Nike just stamps out these days, but a closer look reveals just how unique these truly are.  It's a look that almost blends the appearance of terrazzo tile with an irregular pattern akin to a Masai or reticulated giraffe.  We've seen users create NT themed NikeID shoes in the past, but the use of actual NT graphics is a first.  A NikeTalk themed shoe to benefit charity: what better way to honor the community?

The Revive "What the One II" Air Trainer One is simply a gorgeous shoe: the flawless execution of a great concept.  Everything from the unique color blocking to the intricate detail work is expertly controlled.  The folks at Nike could learn a lot about how to exceed expectations on a hybrid design from this piece.  It's a celebration of the Air Trainer line and if you even faintly admire that series I think you'll agree that Revive has assembled the best elements of each in a way that doesn't come across as forced or gaudy.  I can't think of any shoe that has so much diversity and yet feels so balanced and focused. 

That's one heck of a starting five.

I give the staff and the people that worked on each shoe major props.  Thanks for giving 100% of the proceeds to HAITI.
I'm glad to see that people appreciate the effort and I'm tremendously grateful to everyone who's participated thus far, whether by bidding or by helping us spread the word.

Not to harp on this, but I would like to point out that, generally, when one talks about giving "100% of the proceeds," they're referring to net earnings, not gross.  In this case, it's actually 100% of the GROSS.  In fact, not only will every dollar the winners spend go straight to Doctors Without Borders, but we'll be effectively doubling bids as well, meaning you'll get even more for your money. 

To make that possible, these five artists not only donated their time and talent, but they had to cover the costs of the base shoes themselves and all the materials.  These aren't cheap shoes we're talking about.  The retail price of these shoes alone is generally lower than the $100 starting bids.  Then you have to take into account the market value of custom shoes of this caliber.  The artists really sacrificed a great deal for this, so I hope everyone appreciates their generosity as much as I do. 

One could forgive them for submitting work slightly below their usual standard, for cutting a few corners and working as efficiently as possible, knowing that these shoes would not be paying the bills for them.  Instead, just look at the amazing works of art they've created.  They each brought their A game to say the least.  I was simply blown away by the pieces they created for this event.

You can just go down the line. 

Back when I was collecting sneakers, the pairs I cherished the most all had a story behind them - and every one of these items has a wonderful story to tell. 

Look at the JGoods L'Union Fait La Force AF1 Mid Supreme and how the artist incorporated aspects of Haitian art and culture into a piece that stuns at any distance due to the intense precision of its hand-painted lines.  It's a multifaceted gem.  You can tell that he put a great deal of time and care into this piece and his devotion to helping the people of Haiti is self-evident.   That is beautiful in and of itself and only enhances what would be a spectacular design even if extricated from its context.

1ofcustoms clearly had fun with the concept of producing a shoe for the NikeTalk community while at the same time beating Nike at its own game: truly delivering on the concept of creating a shoe based on a popular superhero.  Tell me that doesn't best any of Nike's tired attempts to "unofficially" milk a comic book franchise?  It's both great satire and a great shoe. 

One can't help but feel dazzled by the craftsmanship in JBF's reconstructed Blazers.  Anyone who's ever complained about poor material and build quality in a Nike shoe should take heart.  JBF took the "premium" concept to the next level, exploring the full potential of the Nike Blazer model by substantially upgrading the materials and beautifully handcrafting the upper. 

Anyone who's ever wished for a NT PE should stand in awe of the Evolved Footwear NikeTalk Dunk.  Starting with a shoe that NikeTalk helped bring back into relevance (the '99 dunk retros tanked at retail, selling for $19 at many Footlocker locations before collectors began to really embrace the model and breathe new life into them), he combined the best of vintage Nike and Jordan products into one stunning package.  Just think about all the care and effort involved in manually recreating an elephant print pattern.  Elephant print may be something that Nike just stamps out these days, but a closer look reveals just how unique these truly are.  It's a look that almost blends the appearance of terrazzo tile with an irregular pattern akin to a Masai or reticulated giraffe.  We've seen users create NT themed NikeID shoes in the past, but the use of actual NT graphics is a first.  A NikeTalk themed shoe to benefit charity: what better way to honor the community?

The Revive "What the One II" Air Trainer One is simply a gorgeous shoe: the flawless execution of a great concept.  Everything from the unique color blocking to the intricate detail work is expertly controlled.  The folks at Nike could learn a lot about how to exceed expectations on a hybrid design from this piece.  It's a celebration of the Air Trainer line and if you even faintly admire that series I think you'll agree that Revive has assembled the best elements of each in a way that doesn't come across as forced or gaudy.  I can't think of any shoe that has so much diversity and yet feels so balanced and focused. 

That's one heck of a starting five.

Back
Top Bottom