help me with my college apps vol. 1 (UC students check in !! please)

mexrfw

Banned
yooo, im filling out the common app right now, yes i know i lagged but im trying to get them done tonight
anyways, i wanted to know is UCI a good busniess school? im lookin a it and they dont even have my major
mad.gif
ohwell.gif

i loved the campus when i visited but yeah, dont think im applying there, what are the best uc's and cal states to apply to foraccounting/marketing/manegerial (sp?) science?

thanks yoooo!!!!

You are asking all of these questions now and ur turning in the app tomorrow? Wowzers!

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

You are asking all of these questions now and ur turning in the app tomorrow? Wowzers!

ohwell.gif
I KNOW GEEZ. haha, nah its just my counselour put all these collegesdown for me to apply to, i finished up all the privater schools and schools that sent me free apps, i left these for last, its pissing me off though how shegoig to tell me to go to a certain college when they dont even have mny major
mad.gif
wasnt paying attention to me or some *^&*^

oo and they are due the 30th i got 2 days lol

another thing
Is it bad to staple the pages of the application/essay together?
Am i better off with a paperclip??

Originally Posted by FlyNY

another thing
Is it bad to staple the pages of the application/essay together?
Am i better off with a paperclip??
you are mailing your application>??

Oh okay I see
laugh.gif

Well if they don't have your major and you are for sure that's what you want to do then I wouldn't waste the time or money applying there. Howeverif they have a similar program of study and you loved the campus it might be worth it. What is your major?

I don't remember ever thinking about where to staple or not when I was applying for schools back in the day lol. So I can't help w/ that.

If you can do the apps online that's best.

Oh okay I see
laugh.gif

Well if they don't have your major and you are for sure that's what you want to do then I wouldn't waste the time or money applying there. However if they have a similar program of study and you loved the campus it might be worth it. What is your major?

I don't remember ever thinking about where to staple or not when I was applying for schools back in the day lol. So I can't help w/ that.

If you can do the apps online that's best.
well, i want to eventually be a CPA, so accounting with a minor in either markerting/ busniess management i thought it wud be a good combo, andall the schools have something like "business- undeclared" or business economics

btw thanks for the help =D

You will need to check the actual business school then because it's highly unlikely that they don't have an accounting program at a school in the USlol. Like the school I went to you have to apply as an undergrad under business but you could choose your concentration after 2 yrs.

do online if you can. and i know you "know" what you want to be, but you will probably end up changing you mind at least once. i don't know oneperson in my 5 years that hasn't changed majors. as far as stapling goes, when i mailed a few of mine in, i didn't staple or paper clip, just folded itup and sent it. each one i applied to made me put the last 4 digits of my ssn at the top of the page so they wouldn't get separated

Originally Posted by MEXRFW

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

Common App?

You're on the UC website right?
yessss sir!

n thanks animal fries

Well that's different. UCs aren't under Common Apps..
Since you're doing UCs, might as well apply to at least 4 and try to get a fee waiver. That's what I did.

i don't know one person in my 5 years that hasn't changed majors.

Now you know one
wink.gif
How do we know your not lying?
nerd.gif
What reason would I have to lie about that lol. You can check my transcripts if you'd like
laugh.gif

not to get off topic but for nt staff, ive never seen u around, also what did u major in?

UC Santa Barbara has a business economics major that is specifically focused on accounting. I'm planning on going into accounting also. That was one of theschools I applied to and I applied for that major.

i don't know one person in my 5 years that hasn't changed majors.

Now you know one
wink.gif
How do we know your not lying?
nerd.gif
What reason would I have to lie about that lol. You can check my transcripts if you'd like
laugh.gif
not to get off topic but for nt staff, ive never seen u around, also what did u major in?

Common App?

You're on the UC website right?
yessss sir!

n thanks animal fries

ell that's different. UCs aren't under Common Apps..
Since you're doing UCs, might as well apply to at least 4 and try to get a fee waiver. That's what I did.

o yeah, well i just meant, its like the same application for all uc schools know what i mean?

and soleful i applied there, but i honestly disliked the campus =\ seemed old to me

laugh.gif
I haven't been around lately but if you look at my post count you'll see I've been around for a little bit
laugh.gif

I majored in Sport Management, went to the University of Texas (HOOK 'EM), graduated last December
happy.gif

well i stand corrected, now i know 2. and fanatic, i was a sports mgmt major to start with but after working for a minor league baseball team i said eff that.if you dont mind me asking, what do you do?

Well right ow I am a Tax Examiner
laugh.gif

(Good jobs in this filed are hard to come by) but my last job I worked at Princeton as a Sports Camps account Rep, and before that I was at UT LonghornFoundation. I have found that I really love working with college sports so that's what I'm aiming towards at this point. I had the opportunity to doMinor leagues but it didn't seem like something I would really enjoy.

I'm preparing for Grad School now so that I can get a paycheck boost lol and add some other fields to my resume (Entertainment). when it's all said anddone I hope I have the opportunity to work at College Game Day. Traveling the country and covering sports? Sounds like a great life to me lol.

Well right ow I am a Tax Examiner
laugh.gif

(Good jobs in this filed are hard to come by) but my last job I worked at Princeton as a Sports Camps account Rep, and before that I was at UT Longhorn Foundation. I have found that I really love working with college sports so that's what I'm aiming towards at this point. I had the opportunity to do Minor leagues but it didn't seem like something I would really enjoy.

I'm preparing for Grad School now so that I can get a paycheck boost lol and add some other fields to my resume (Entertainment). when it's all said and done I hope I have the opportunity to work at College Game Day. Traveling the country and covering sports? Sounds like a great life to me lol.
oh nice, i graduate in May with a major in advertising and a minor in sports mgmt. id like to get into some sports marketing but i know the fieldis very competitive. i dont know that i could tolerate grad school right now, i have to get into the working world for a few years before i dab into that. ihave heard college sports is where its at though, i might have to look into that some. sorry OP for the thread jack

Back
Top Bottom