HELP needed: OG Jordan 12 Repair (w/ pics)

So last weekend I wore my OG 12's out on a rainy night, not thinking much of it as I had heard in the past that the OG 12's were among the most durableJ's. I picked them up deadstock in 2006 and had worn them plenty of times since. Toward the end of the night I looked at my right shoe and noticed thesole was cracking off (as seen in the pics). It's a clean split, just wanted to get some advice which glue works best in this situation. Thanks for anyhelp.

wpuuw.jpg

168hf04.jpg

25rmfk2.jpg

Shoe Goo will work on those, But post this in the OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST they know there stuff in there.

^ no, "goo". And this should be in the other section. Sorry man, I 've never seen OG 12s look like that. They are or were the most indestuctibleJordans. First for everything I guess.

^Haa

I'm gonna post pics tonight of my OG taxis. The entire sole is off and the yellow taxi carbon fiber shank is 100% visible.

feels like i'm looking up a fine lady's dress. i know i shouldn't but i can't turn away.

Honestly the best glue I used for my shoes was the $1 store stuff. The gorilla glue foams and makes a mess.

gorilla glue will hold it the best, just dont over do it, or like others have said it will foam and look like crap

I wouldn't recommend gorilla glue. It expands as it cures.

And i would no longer call any 12 "bullet proof". Or any shoe for that matter.

elmers and gum...why do people think they need to post the same care that another NT'er already posted?

use gorilla glue. i bought it in Shoppers. i used to much in my 12s it kinda foamed up

i think you should go to THE OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE MAINTENANCE POST. You will get the best answers from there. Those people really know their stuff an knowwhat they're talking about.

Same thing happened to my OG 12's too. Don't worry, just use crazy glue, they will be fine.

Shoe goo will work, the only problem is, that there is very small margin for error. You need to be careful how you are using it.

E-6000 Glue or Barge Glue is recommended when dealing with seperation. Gorilla glue and shoe goo have been known to foam so it may not be the best choice. Samething happened to two pairs of my 12s and barge worked fine on them.

Originally Posted by felix88

I wouldn't recommend gorilla glue. It expands as it cures.

And i would no longer call any 12 "bullet proof". Or any shoe for that matter.
they are bullet proof
glue gave out, not the shoes fault
my super beat og taxis are holding up perfect
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom