Hey NT, is 25 y/o too old to be living with your parents?

I'm saying this because I'm 25 and still living at home with my parents. It's alright to say the least but it would be nice to have some privacyevery now and then. I have no idea when I want to move out. I'm working right now and saving some money.

Do you guys think being 25 y/o is too old to be living with your parents? What age did you guys move out of your parent's home?

As far as money goes, what's the reasonable amount to save up?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yes it def. is , I moved out at the age of 17 , right after HS. Moved back in at the age of 20 but was out again by 22 and have not looked back. Im currentlyvisiting my mom In NC but almost everyday I remember why I left so quickly , you def. need your privacy @ that age.

I'm 25 living at home as well. I'm in school working on my degrees so I can't work full time to pay rent. It depends what you are doing with yourlife...

Yes.

If at 25 your still saving to move, your failing at life.

And I moved out at 17.

i would say so...i understand you wanna save but damn 25? unless you just came out of college you're a lil to old...

as long as you're doing something with your life, like going to school or working full time, then it's not too bad. you should be looking to move outsoon though

Its old but acceptable IMO. some people are just a year or 2 out of college and staying w/ their parents could be an efficient way of saving a lotta money onthe side. but then again, it doesn't sound that attractive AT ALL. I left the home at 19.

I left at 17 for college, never been back full-time. I came back after college for a summer and moved out and got a job and my own apartment.

Depends on what your doing. If your just milking your parents then yea its way to old. ****

IMO, it also depends where you live and what rent is like. I mean if your living in a big city where rent is a grand or more for just a 1 bedroom like where iam, might be harder than some other cities.

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

I'm 25 living at home as well. I'm in school working on my degrees so I can't work full time to pay rent. It depends what you are doing with your life...
I graduated college about a year and been looking for jobs left and right. Luckly I landed somewhere I like and enjoy working and also the pay isnice. Lately I've been thinking of going back to school to get my MBA.

so whats the reasonable age for you to move out? man Im getting scared Im gonna be 20 this year so the clock is tickin
frown.gif

my brother is 32 and sister is 28,im 19, if you are a only child its cool, but if u got a younger sibling i hope you aren't being a pest like my siblings

Back
Top Bottom