Hi-Fi heads come in VOL. On The Go

So i'm interested in getting a nice set-up for my music to take around whether it be away from the computers throughout the house or outside.
I need an MP3 player, headphones and an amp.

I was reading into rockbox since I was interested in an iPod classic but I see that the current 7G isn't compatible, which kinda squashed the hopes of an iPod (?)

I saw the E7 amp in another thread and it caught my attention, it looks great, and not too expensive.

I need headphones, I have my HD205 Sennheisers that I love, but I know I would need something more powerful with such a setup.

What cost friendly but great-performing amps are there other than the E7? What can I do about the iPod situation? Headphones, what can I get for about $100 that are worth it?

Help
smile.gif

EDIT: I want to be able to listen to my FLAC as it's meant to be heard and finally ditch crap MP3s, should've added that
laugh.gif

So i'm interested in getting a nice set-up for my music to take around whether it be away from the computers throughout the house or outside.
I need an MP3 player, headphones and an amp.

I was reading into rockbox since I was interested in an iPod classic but I see that the current 7G isn't compatible, which kinda squashed the hopes of an iPod (?)

I saw the E7 amp in another thread and it caught my attention, it looks great, and not too expensive.

I need headphones, I have my HD205 Sennheisers that I love, but I know I would need something more powerful with such a setup.

What cost friendly but great-performing amps are there other than the E7? What can I do about the iPod situation? Headphones, what can I get for about $100 that are worth it?

Help
smile.gif

EDIT: I want to be able to listen to my FLAC as it's meant to be heard and finally ditch crap MP3s, should've added that
laugh.gif

you can never go wrong with a audio-technica ath-m50, doesn't really need an amp for the most part.

for portable i use my panasonic rp-hje900

i use both everyday...it's a slice of musical heaven with whipped cream. lol

you can never go wrong with a audio-technica ath-m50, doesn't really need an amp for the most part.

for portable i use my panasonic rp-hje900

i use both everyday...it's a slice of musical heaven with whipped cream. lol

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

if your just using it for an ipod u dont really need a amp

portable meaning you don't want over the ear headphones?

id say the klipsh http://www.bestbuy.com/si...lipsh&contract_desc=null

they get great reviews...complaints are the wire is too thin but you should know if your a careless person
portable meaning the set- up over all as in the player and the AMP, I don't really worry about the headphones. I love my HD205s and I wouldn't exactly call them tiny 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

if your just using it for an ipod u dont really need a amp

portable meaning you don't want over the ear headphones?

id say the klipsh http://www.bestbuy.com/si...lipsh&contract_desc=null

they get great reviews...complaints are the wire is too thin but you should know if your a careless person
portable meaning the set- up over all as in the player and the AMP, I don't really worry about the headphones. I love my HD205s and I wouldn't exactly call them tiny 
laugh.gif

2yz9zqw.jpg

I got these right now, they are phenomenal iem's for a $100.00, Even my buddy who is a shure head wanted to buy them off of me. However they are going back cause, I can get the gold turbines for $111.00 almost the same price i paid for the standard model. The quality of the tips are great just the wires makes me weary of the built. The sound is robust, bass is precise not to punchy depending on the music, mids do not suffer and great clarity on the lows.

and yes paging mr.monday

2yz9zqw.jpg

I got these right now, they are phenomenal iem's for a $100.00, Even my buddy who is a shure head wanted to buy them off of me. However they are going back cause, I can get the gold turbines for $111.00 almost the same price i paid for the standard model. The quality of the tips are great just the wires makes me weary of the built. The sound is robust, bass is precise not to punchy depending on the music, mids do not suffer and great clarity on the lows.

and yes paging mr.monday

if u want to truly enjoy FLAC, its gonna cost you lots of money.
i think it is better if you spend the money on headphones than amps.
you sacrifice portability with amps and you wont recognize as big of a gain as you would with headphones
any headphones around the 200+ price point should be very good (not talking about bose or beats)
it all comes down to what kind of music you listen to and what the strength of the headphones are
if you want life changing headphones then i suggest getting triple driver earbuds such as the westones um3, shure se535 or earsonics sm3
if you want the absolute best get custom earbuds but those are on a price point to something most people in the world cant afford.

why do am I recommending earbuds over cans? because good cans usually requires an amp to drive then correctly unlike earbuds which requires very little watts

if u want to truly enjoy FLAC, its gonna cost you lots of money.
i think it is better if you spend the money on headphones than amps.
you sacrifice portability with amps and you wont recognize as big of a gain as you would with headphones
any headphones around the 200+ price point should be very good (not talking about bose or beats)
it all comes down to what kind of music you listen to and what the strength of the headphones are
if you want life changing headphones then i suggest getting triple driver earbuds such as the westones um3, shure se535 or earsonics sm3
if you want the absolute best get custom earbuds but those are on a price point to something most people in the world cant afford.

why do am I recommending earbuds over cans? because good cans usually requires an amp to drive then correctly unlike earbuds which requires very little watts

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

2yz9zqw.jpg

and yes paging mr.monday

where can you get gold turbines for $111  
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

2yz9zqw.jpg

and yes paging mr.monday

where can you get gold turbines for $111  
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom