Hi I'm 17 and my name is Bobby James

Everyday in school all my classmates call me names
And so this pusher introduced me to this thing
He said it makes you forget pain but makes you sing
macaulay-culkin-mugshot+poss+of+drugs.jpg

smokin.gif
very ill album indeed "I got pushed at home at school I was a wuss...now my life is a domino that pushers push"

I got chills the first time I heard this song.
eek.gif

Man this would be cute if this were just a dream
A lesson for you to learn except you'd learn through me
You know like in the movies when it ends with a scream
Well $*$! face I got news this is real and I did things

pimp.gif

Hey_

Ah, when N.E.R.D made good music.

This was also the time frame when P won an award from BMI for writing.

My how times have changed.

Julius F. Wrek

Originally Posted by Julius Wrek

Hey_

Ah, when N.E.R.D made good music.

This was also the time frame when P won an award from BMI for writing.

My how times have changed.

Julius F. Wrek
indifferent.gif

because he said "when n.e.r.d made good music"

i don't recall any time when they didn't make good music

That whole album is classic.

Provider
pimp.gif

Rock Star
pimp.gif

Truth or Dare
pimp.gif

Run into the Sun
pimp.gif

Lapdance
pimp.gif

Am I High
pimp.gif

But the best part of the album is the extention of Tape You. Thats @%#$ is EPIC.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hey there... Could you help me please? Could you spare some change for the world. For the world to see....
pimp.gif

Hey_

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

Presently, certain tracks SS are just "meh".

I don't want to come across as elitist, but a majority of current fans didn't get acquainted with N.E.R.D until Seeing Sounds, which in my mind (no punintended) is an "ok" effort.

They were only recently accepted as dope/cool due to the change in the musical landscape by the masses/mainstream. (I won't even mention their littleattempt at mainstream reach with that Madden brothers cameo on Fly or Die.)

Indie/Electro artists were thrust into the spotlight, certain Hip-Hop artists started rappin'/freestylin' over industrial/eclectic beats, all of asudden everybody was reachin' for this "space age" sound.

With that shift, it seemed as if everything that was "different" or "forward" sounding was automaticallyaccepted as good.

"Different" doesn't always equate to good.

On top of that, Pharrell is infatuated with the fantasy of being a rapper, so much so that he is credited with 2/3 of the writing credits on Seeing Sounds. Thesongs in which he's sort of flowing don't entirely come off well, as far as I'm concerned.

They're at their best when they're doing their Neptunes guitar fused electro funk, not playing up to Pharrell's fantasies.

Go back through their discography.

ISO is damn near skip proof, FOD less so.

Then we hit SS and its enjoyable in spurts, but not in the same arena as its predecessors.

But hey, I may be just a grizzled o.g. N.E.R.D. fan.

Julius F. Wrek

Hey_

I don't want to come across as elitist, but a majority of current fans didn't get acquainted with N.E.R.D until Seeing Sounds, which in my mind (no pun intended) is an "ok" effort.

They were only recently accepted as dope/cool due to the change in the musical landscape by the masses/mainstream. (I won't even mention their little attempt at mainstream reach with that Madden brothers cameo on Fly or Die.)

Maybe it depends on the region but this is just flat out false where i'm at. Dude gonna act like !@%#++ aint beenslobbin anything N.E.R.D. has done, good or bad, for the better part of a decade now.

Hey_

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Hey_

I don't want to come across as elitist, but a majority of current fans didn't get acquainted with N.E.R.D until Seeing Sounds, which in my mind (no pun intended) is an "ok" effort.

They were only recently accepted as dope/cool due to the change in the musical landscape by the masses/mainstream. (I won't even mention their little attempt at mainstream reach with that Madden brothers cameo on Fly or Die.)

Maybe it depends on the region but this is just flat out false where i'm at. Dude gonna act like !@%#++ aint been slobbin anything N.E.R.D. has done, good or bad, for the better part of a decade now.

A dedicated core have.

N.E.R.D's popularity spiked very recently, which I attribute to the "change in the musical landscape".

Julius F. Wrek

Unzip your skirt. Take off your blouse. I hope your toes are painted. Cos you gon dance in your undies all over ya house.

A fave for sure
pimp.gif
*proceeds to switch all three albums on random*

The girl in the background towards the end of the song does it for me. This and Run To The Sun, piff.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom