Hibbett Sports Job Interview

Can't be srs
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
Cuz has to be 14 talking like that

Fam I know it's an athletic apparel job, but don't go to an interview in mike Jordan's. Get you some dress shoes and get this money.

One in Columbia, I'm trying to secure the job to pay for school. 

Garners ferry? Man youll be good lol.

Be early but not too early.

Them: "Any questions for me?"

You: "If I got the job.....how would you measure my success a year from now?"

Be humble.....but not too humble. Too much humility looks like cockiness.

If its a woman interviewer older than you say yes mam u know they luv that down here. If shes young dont say that.

Also i would wear a dress shirt and dress shoes you not playing them 1 on 1 after b.

Last edited:
Fam I know it's an athletic apparel job, but don't go to an interview in mike Jordan's. Get you some dress shoes and get this money.
My dress shoes are an hour and 10 minutes away from where I am now, the interview is at 12 and I don't get out of class until 11 so I'm just going to have to wear them.

Man we use to share and rotate interview clothes when I was in undergrad. :lol:

There has to be an alternative. Wear them Nikes and ya liable to disqualify yourself on sight.

Last edited:
Garners ferry? Man youll be good lol.

Be early but not too early.

Them: "Any questions for me?"

You: "If I got the job.....how would you measure my success a year from now?"

Be humble.....but not too humble. Too much humility looks like cockiness.

If its a woman interviewer older than you say yes mam u know they luv that down here. If shes young dont say that.

Also i would wear a dress shirt and dress shoes you not playing them 1 on 1 after b.
Exactly the right place, as I said before my dress shoes are back at my home. I only brung a limited amount of clothes because my financial aid wasn't right and was trying to get fixed. If it wasn't fixed I would have to withdraw and come back Spring. Luckily it was fixed and I can attend classes now.

If you say brung at an interview, you are not going to get the job.

Well your only options to avoid wearing jordans to a job interview are these.

Ask a friend to borrow some.

Or.....u can go to wal mart across the street and buy sum cheap ones.
Theyre not going to inspect your shoes theyll just know youre wearing "dress shoes"
Only wear the shoes during the interview. U can return the shoes and get your money back. Wal mart accepts everything back.

Or....u can just buy some cheap ones from target down the road.

If you have to wear the jordans....dont tell them your story up there.
It seems like you were not prepared.

Well your only options to avoid wearing jordans to a job interview are these.

Ask a friend to borrow some.

Or.....u can go to wal mart across the street and buy sum cheap ones.
Theyre not going to inspect your shoes theyll just know youre wearing "dress shoes"
Only wear the shoes during the interview. U can return the shoes and get your money back. Wal mart accepts everything back.

Or....u can just buy some cheap ones from target down the road.

If you have to wear the jordans....dont tell them your story up there.
It seems like you were not prepared.
I'll see if I can do that, thank you so much for the advice. I appreciate it greatly.

Lol I know it's just hibbetts but op never wear sneakers to an interview. Period. Collared shirt, khakis, and some form of dress shoes will work just fine. As mentioned before borrow some or buy some cheap ones. Be ready to answer work situation based questions. Most questions will be about how you would or have handled different scenarios on the job. The job is yours to lose, good luck champ.

Lol hell yeah man...I get all my jordans at hibbets normally in my town....a real chill store unlike jimmy jazz and the mall spots. Good luck!

We used to have a Hibbets Sports here, but they didn't last very long. Haven't heard that name in like 8 years :frown:

Anyway, you got nothing to be nervous about OP, dress accordingly and be confident. Ask appropriate questions and be professional, the job is as good as yours

Idk what year of college you're in, but transition from working retail to finding a job on campus within the next 4-6 month period. If this is your first retail position, go in and soak up as much as possible (how to use a cash register, how to work with difficult managers etc) then begin looking for a gig on campus. My campus work paid me BETTER than my retail position, with more flexible hours (and easier to get to), and better experience earned.

Idk what year of college you're in, but transition from working retail to finding a job on campus within the next 4-6 month period. If this is your first retail position, go in and soak up as much as possible (how to use a cash register, how to work with difficult managers etc) then begin looking for a gig on campus. My campus work paid me BETTER than my retail position, with more flexible hours (and easier to get to), and better experience earned.
Yea good point , I forgot not all the positions they got in the stores/ gym/food spots on campus ...they basically retail jobs but it's way more convenient ...only downside is you can get a lot more extra hours if you needed to working a regular retail job , OP might need/want that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom