Hidden Colors 2 (From Tariq Nasheed)

I used to have it uploaded on MU but thats gone now. DC probably does have it. Matter fact I think he sent it to me originally, right around Halloween '11 or was it '10?

Looks good I enjoyed the first one, very good to learn more about the history race. There were some ridiculous comments made by a few of the scholars, but otherwise a really informative documentary.

The important thing is that it motivates you or others to do some personal research find out more, learn more.

Looking forward to the second documentary.

Looks good I enjoyed the first one, very good to learn more about the history race. There were some ridiculous comments made by a few of the scholars, but otherwise a really informative documentary.
The important thing is that it motivates you or others to do some personal research find out more, learn more.
Looking forward to the second documentary.
Like? 
nerd.gif

I can't remember this exactly as I watched it a while ago so forgive me if I don't have it 100% correct. But one of the female scholars talked about the whole fashion of black people wearing their pants low was actually the fault of white people or something very similar.

There were a few things that were a bit sketchy, to me at least, in the first HC. But as a whole the documentary was very informative and prompted me to research further. Which I guess is the point and like most documentaries there is a level of opinion thrown in.

The first one grabbed my attention, but I can understand someone feeling some of the statements that were made as being false or exaggerated. I tried searching for some of the things mentioned; some were accurate, others I found no info on, like a black man inventing karate, or slaves practicing and disguising it as a form of dancing (if I'm correct about what was said).

He said the movie will be showing for about a week in NYC, so I'll be able to catch it. I'll have an open mind towards it.

Only reason I don't want to see these movies is seeing intelligent black men twist history and make vague or blatant false claims about black people being superior and inventing everything. I get the feeling at least 20% of the movie is that and will have me doing the :rolleyes face.

The first one grabbed my attention, but I can understand someone feeling some of the statements that were made as being false or exaggerated. I tried searching for some of the things mentioned; some were accurate, others I found no info on, like a black man inventing karate, or slaves practicing and disguising it as a form of dancing (if I'm correct about what was said).
He said the movie will be showing for about a week in NYC, so I'll be able to catch it. I'll have an open mind towards it.
http://www.africaresource.com/rasta...-hercules/african-origin-of-the-martial-arts/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capoeira

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodhidharma

Last edited:
Like I said before, the ONLY reason people want to discredit some of the stories is because WE aren't in a position to tell stories. If WE were the ones that dominated and were able to control the media. Control the press. Control the info that was originally out there and another group of people started making claims WAY after the fact of course people would think they are lying/making things up.

Oh wow! A lie detector test? Not that... NEVER that! 
roll.gif

You sound foolish.

You don't have to be in a position of power to hate someone based on their race. 
true but you have to be in order to put restraints/hold back and that is the point.

Like I said before, the ONLY reason people want to discredit some of the stories is because WE aren't in a position to tell stories. If WE were the ones that dominated and were able to control the media. Control the press. Control the info that was originally out there and another group of people started making claims WAY after the fact of course people would think they are lying/making things up.
its funny u mention say this, i was talking with a few ppl and for some reason the convo led to homosexuality and its impact large increase in the community of blacks in particular. And we were talking about social norms/ the media etc.. and its impact. And i proposed a question.. Is homosexuality really a genetic trait? I question this because i searched history in reference to homosexuality etc... and yet no evidence, no history of it outside of whites europeans, until their influence etc... on a grand scale in society. One person said oh well just becuase there is no history nothing that supports it historically existed in other races, it has to just because it just has to.

It will be like saying a native americans had a genetic preposition for alcohol before being introduced to it by white settlers. Yet the media etc... in most part paints the picture that they genetically are moreso prone to be alcoholics.

It also reminds me of black ppl and christianity... there is proof and can be seen that the current and often most referenced version of the bible is a revision/altered and changed version... i mean it even says it in the bible before reading the book. Some even say it on the cover. Yet despite this society/media etc... has convincd ppl it is the true version, despite a totally different version that is readily available to read that predates the king james version. And 10 outta 10 times if you were to go into a black church with said bible it would be discredited despite it being before the changes/revised/altered version... and despite it being in the original context.

its funny how in this day in age where u can literally have the worlds knowledge in the palm of your hand, yet ppl question legitimacy based on what is told to them and just to lazy etc... to even do a simple google/wiki search. I guess because it isnt as interesting as kim k, or pics of snooki baby etc...

The movie is out guys, I hope y'all come out and show some support.

US Theaters
December 6th & 7th Premiere Dates
Many screenings will be shown for ONE NIGHT ONLY.

Atlanta, Ga

Midtown Art Cinema
931 Monroe Drive
Atlanta, GA 30308
9:00 pm, December 6, 2012 * One Night Only
Website | Google Map

The Plaza Theater
1049 Ponce De Leon Avenue Northeast
Atlanta, GA 30306
9:00 pm, December 7, 2012 * One Night Only
Website | Google Map

Chicago, Illinois

ICE Chatham 14 Theaters
210 W. 87th Street
Chicago Illinois 60620
8:00 pm, December 7, 2012 * One Night Only
Website | Google Map

Detroit, Michigan

Main Art Theater
118 North Main Street
Royal Oak, MI 48067
Website | Google Map

Houston, Texas

River Oaks Theater
2009 West Gray
Houston, TX 77019
Website | Google Map

Los Angeles, California

The Music Hall Theater
9036 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
7:30 pm, December 6, 2012 * One Night Only
Website | Google Map

New York, New York

Cinema Village Theater
22 East 12th Street
New York, NY 10003
7 pm & 10 pm, Dec. 7th - Dec. 13th, 2012
Website | Google Map

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Ritz 5 Theater
214 Walnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Website | Google Map

Washington, District of Colombia

E Street Cinema
555 11th Street NW
Washington, DC 20004
Website | Google Map

After the dark knight shooting I don't go to theaters any more. I'll catch this on vhs.

New York, New York

Cinema Village Theater
22 East 12th Street
New York, NY 10003
7 pm & 10 pm, Dec. 7th - Dec. 13th, 2012

Back
Top Bottom