Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
well the shock is that many of those deaths could've been prevented. this isn't "every year"
the mishandling of this crisis by the federal government is egregious. almost purposeful

thank you so much for giving me my standing response to ¨people die every day b¨.

yes human beings do tend to pass away after a while but THESE PEOPLE DID NOT HAVE TO DIE and it is THE FAULT OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT...those things are worth saying over and over and over and over and over

More restaurants should be adopting the alcohol to go model

Seems the restaurants closest to me aren't doing it

Joke's on them. They could've been taking all my money.

I could've probably single-handedly kept them afloat until the shutdown was over

I miss sushi so much. Been lazy to go to Costco and see if they have tuna so I can make some spicy tuna. My birthday is in July so I might wait until then and just order a bunch and splurge cuz I know it'll be expensive AF.

When someone comes into the hospital with a broken leg and dies of infection and is NOT tested, they will not be marked with COVID death. If they have same scenario, and test positive, they are added to COVID death count. Whether you agree with this categorization or not, the TOTAL DEATHS paint the picture that SOMETHING is causing significantly more deaths this year/month (more than double) of ALL DEATHS.

Deaths in NY:
1590280929595.png

Only other outlier is a terrorist attack. This year ain't over

What's causing so many deaths all the sudden now?

Yes and no. Flu can be fairly benign but it can also be pretty nasty, similar to the family of coronaviruses. A new strain of flu can be pretty dangerous, which is also why this coronavirus in particular has been so deadly. The other problem is how infectious this strain is, and how infectious asymptomatic people can be.

But to your original point, it is tough to compare this to the flu. It appears we are counting COVID-19 deaths more stringently than we count flu deaths. We also don't apply universal social distancing measures in a flu season. So it's tricky to compare the numbers.

Also, for any argument that people with covid-19 who die of another cause are still being listed as a covid-19 death, that is simply not a common occurrence. Even in the worst hit counties, a max of 1 in 20 people or so are infected. So at maximum we are undercounting non-covid deaths by 5%.

Catching up for the day.
Bunch of good posts without the Outrage and Political Grandstanding to still make the point that The Virus is Real and Devastating when affected.
Followup to the well stated above quotes.
Couple news articles on death count methodology:

Bottom line: can debate the response but can not deny that’s a lot of deaths from single cause.

Upper right wisdom tooth needs to get pulled. It’s slightly coming out from the gums and the root is exposed. No pain yet so I been pushing it off

Hey buddy, if you can get your wisdom teeth pulled now, do it and honestly, do all 4 at once. I woke up with the worst jaw pain about 10 years ago (I was 33) and went to the dentist. Turned out it was my wisdom teeth finally giving me problems. Went to a oral surgeon (it's different than a dentist as they do it in a dental hospital and the insurance covered all of it but a few hundred $$ deductible because it was a surgery. Normally would have cost several grand)

He was great. Knocked me out completely & got them all out. 2 were impacted. Best of all, I didn't feel a thing. Now a few days later was a different story. Had to leave work early as pain from the surgery hit me like a brick wall! I have a high threshold of pain and didn't take any meds for it (and they are not good for you). And I guess going to a Korn concert 2 days later that Saturday night wasn't a good idea either (had them removed on a Thursday). My wife (we were just dating at the time, had tickets in A.C House of Blues. It was WORTH it). If you can get them all out at once, trust me, do it and it's over with. 👍

I think it's best to take out all 4 at once too.

I took 3 of mine out but the dentist left the 4th in because he said where it's located makes removal difficult and dangerous.

I never got my wisdom teeth pulled. I'd feel pain maybe once or twice a year but can't remember the last time it bothered me.

Had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled earlier this year, before corona. Seems to have helped a bit since my teeth in the back was bothering me for months with pain/sensitivity. I still occasionally get random miscellaneous tooth aches tho, so I don't what that's about.

To the homie up there that said it only cost a few hundred must have good insurance. Even after insurance that **** cost me $1,100 :sick:

i remember getting the top pulled for a couple hundred with no insurance a long time ago. i was fortunate because they treated it like a regular teeth pull since it was coming out straight and all i needed was a shot to numb the area
my dentist brought the oral surgeon in to his office to do the pulling. dude had a strong *** grip to be able to yank them out :lol:

More restaurants should be adopting the alcohol to go model

Seems the restaurants closest to me aren't doing it

Joke's on them. They could've been taking all my money.

I could've probably single-handedly kept them afloat until the shutdown was over
More and more Seattle restaurants are adopting it and some offering to go cocktail kits for the low. I got a growler today of an IPA for $12. Have seen some margaritas kits going for $20 that make 6-8 drinks.

So it’s like remembrance day except you get a long weekend to bbq and crush some brewskis

what is veterans day then? Or is that the same thing?
Similar, another national holiday, day off from work too, but it's more for vets. Retirees. Memorial is for past and presently serving. Plus veterans day is in November, so it's too cold to hang out on the boat with your *** out. Memorial day is the the pregame for summer.

This tweet and its responses summarizes what we're dealing with when trying to inform people about this pandemic.

Topol says victims of COVID-19 are losing 11 years on average and posts a link to a study. The study accounts for age and for comorbidities to come up with the number of 11 years (it's actually 13 years for men).

In the replies people are telling him that he's making stuff up and that they don't believe that people are losing 11 years on average. :smh:

I remember hearing people (was it in this thread?) saying that all the people dying of covid-19 were going to die soon anyway so it's not a big deal. I guess 11 years is soon. Never mind the fact that even survivors of covid-19, especially those who were severely ill and went to the hospital, will probably have a decreased life expectancy, on average.

Similar, another national holiday, day off from work too, but it's more for vets. Retirees. Memorial is for past and presently serving. Plus veterans day is in November, so it's too cold to hang out on the boat with your *** out. Memorial day is the the pregame for summer.
I think Memorial Day is to honor those who lost their lives while serving.

Either way, 90% of people don't give it a second thought. It's just a long weekend to kick off summer and get drunk and grill. Which is fine, but there's no sanctity to it.

But when receipts are posted on the lengths that they are going to to inflate that covid 19 cause of death classifications all that is ignored. Thats why I’m saying it’s pointless to argue these statistics. Bottom line this is not a REAL pandemic and that’s my original point. The media is trying their best to make this worse than it is.
Bruh...you can't be serious.

Wash your entire face b.

Picked up sushi for take out and i was surprised to see people dining at the restaurant. Looks like restaurants are reopening here in SD cuz my friend who owns a restaurant is reopening tomorrow.
Same with the mall, they opened up today but don’t know how that works. A lot of people have been out due to the weather being so nice and I’ve seen about 50/50 people wearing masks. I’m going to continue to stay indoors and see how this all plays out.

i remember getting the top pulled for a couple hundred with no insurance a long time ago. i was fortunate because they treated it like a regular teeth pull since it was coming out straight and all i needed was a shot to numb the area
my dentist brought the oral surgeon in to his office to do the pulling. dude had a strong *** grip to be able to yank them out :lol:
Had three pulled out. I still vividly remember my dentist leveraging all his weight, putting one hand on my forehead, because he was having difficulty pulling out the last and I was about to rip off the armrests in pure terror. He gave me a Vicodin script in compensation, so I put it in the win column. Knocked me tf out, woke up drooling blood and spit on my Terminator Judgement Day tee in front of the TV. Good times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom