Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
This article speaks directly to the kind of responses we are seeing from our health system and while it isn't the kind of response we all want, it's understandable when you look at it objectively.

Would this US map be mostly red by next week? :emoji_cold_sweat:

I have a feeling you already know the answer...
If this virus behaves anything like seasonal influenza, health experts say from initial community spread it takes 2-3 months to hit peak levels, then a few weeks at sustained peak levels, then 2-3 months for cases to taper off. I know we are all hoping for a quick end to this situation by spring/summer, but realistically it will be with us through summer into the fall in the best case scenario.

Don’t believe these guys. Respirators and yes surgical masks help to protect against infection. Nothing is 100% proof not even N95 masks but a simple surgical mask in public will help block liquid particles if someone sneezes or coughs directly on you. Hence why so many in densely populated Asian countries wear them even when there is no outbreak.
Again the info posted about health organizations saying not to wear masks is if you’re in a low risk area. Just because we haven’t had an outbreak here yet doesn’t mean it’s not circulating quietly during incubation periods.
Ultimately it’s up to you to determine how at risk you are.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...s-a-run-on-face-masks-but-do-they-work/?amp=1

As someone that goes to Asia once a year and has family there, what I'm told by the people and doctor's there is surgical masks are used to protect others from yourself, air pollution, and fashion.

But yes I guess it's nice to have

This should be set up everywhere. City officials should start this now to ease the impact on local hospitals and ER

Ima say this now, we are gonna get SLAMMED and those of us who work the front lines in critical care and emergency rooms should all be tested and treated if needed, so that WE can continue to help others as we are the only ones trained to actually be able to help, if your soldiers get taken out, who the ***** is supposed to help fight this? 2 of the nightshift therapists o work with are out already and this was just the second confirmed case, that left just 3 full time night staffers myself included to work FOR NOW...what happens when the next case walks through those doors and now me and the other 2 are directly exposed? WHOS gonna be left to treat?....but as always hospitals gonna put monetary losses/gains over the safety of their own medical staff.

Ima say this now, we are gonna get SLAMMED and those of us who work the front lines in critical care and emergency rooms should all be tested and treated if needed, so that WE can continue to help others as we are the only ones trained to actually be able to help, if your soldiers get taken out, who the ***** is supposed to help fight this? 2 of the nightshift therapists o work with are out already and this was just the second confirmed case, that left just 3 full time night staffers myself included to work FOR NOW...what happens when the next case walks through those doors and now me and the other 2 are directly exposed? WHOS gonna be left to treat?....but as always hospitals gonna put monetary losses/gains over the safety of their own medical staff.

I appreciate you and the job you do. Keeping you in my prayers.

props to you for even risking your life by working in that setting

Healthcare really is all about dollars when it comes to management, very sad

one of my coworkers did clincals right before the outbreak at the nursing home that had like 4+ dead, dude is on quarantine now. 2cases confirmed over night at the hospital I work at , they tried to call me in late last night to work too lol.

I read the article about that nursing home...
I’m curious how many have died that were actually healthy people because the nursing home deaths are literally dying people. They all have 5-10+ comorbities, there is a reason they’re in need of 24 hour skilled nursing care

U.S. Vice President Pence Says Any American Can Be Tested For Coronavirus Under Doctor's Orders Under New CDC Guidelines - White House

I brought the mask with me, but I'm being hella self-conscious looking a fool being the only one around wearing one.

🙏🏾 I make it home ok and tomorrow I'm driving.

Sidenote: an older lady gets on the bus with the big basket of Popeye's and it smells so damn good.

ksteezy ksteezy be safe, I was reading the hospital's internal emails about the pt and the transfer. This is just the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom