Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Co worker who tested positive (asymptomatic) for COVID 2 weeks ago just walked in the office... I'm shook :sick:
His Dr says he doesn't need to retest and since it's been more than 14 days, he's fine to come back... I dunno guys.

Thats exactly the protocol. 3 days of no fever without medicine and some other crap that seems too “easy”. Your employer should mandate a retest for positive workers after their quarantine but I dont think thats allowed

Just got notified that my kids' school is definitely doing distance learning in the Fall, but the plan is for teachers to report to school and livestream the lessons all day as if it was a regular school day. I'm not sure my 6 y/o is going to be able to sit there looking at her iPad all day, but we'll find out soon enough...
I’ve been doing (public school) remote schooling with my 8 year old since March here in NY. They have 30 min morning meeting and 10 min end of the day check in. Almost everything else consisted of watched pre-recorded videos and reading/writing assignments. I think it would be too chaotic to manage 30+ kids via live teaching.

The main drawback is that you have to constantly keep an eye on their progress. If not, they will submit their assignments without any feedback. That being said, safety means a lot more to me than the inconvenience of having to become a teacher. My advice is to buy a good number of books/learning games and push for an hour of extra work a day. Unfortunately, socialization is not so easy to handle. We try to set up FaceTime play meetings, but it’s just not the same as going to a playground.

Thats exactly the protocol. 3 days of no fever without medicine and some other crap that seems too “easy”. Your employer should mandate a retest for positive workers after their quarantine but I dont think thats allowed

You're right, it is not allowed to mandate retest and in fact they are discouraging people who are asymptomatic from testing at all in order to reserve testing capacity for serious suspected cases. At this time it's taking around 3-4 days to schedule a test, and another ~1 week to receive results.

I’ve been doing (public school) remote schooling with my 8 year old since March here in NY. They have 30 min morning meeting and 10 min end of the day check in. Almost everything else consisted of watched pre-recorded videos and reading/writing assignments. I think it would be too chaotic to manage 30+ kids via live teaching.

The main drawback is that you have to constantly keep an eye on their progress. If not, they will submit their assignments without any feedback. That being said, safety means a lot more to me than the inconvenience of having to become a teacher. My advice is to buy a good number of books/learning games and push for an hour of extra work a day. Unfortunately, socialization is not so easy to handle. We try to set up FaceTime play meetings, but it’s just not the same as going to a playground.

Thank you for your advice. When their school went remote in Spring, it was ~1 hour of daily instruction on a different topic each day and the rest was independent study. I think alot of parents were unhappy that they were tasked with "homeschooling" while teachers were only available a small portion of the day. I get the sense that the school administration thinks alot of parents will move their children to public school because they don't want to pay tuition to teach their own kids.

Flu season (August to March) is gonna destroy this country if we dont go on another lockdown.

Do you think mask wearing and distancing can effectively limit the spread of influenza, especially if schooling is done remotely? I know practically every illness I get is caught from my kids bringing it home from school and none of us have even caught a sniffle since school closed in March. Silver lining, I hope.

Just got notified that my kids' school is definitely doing distance learning in the Fall, but the plan is for teachers to report to school and livestream the lessons all day as if it was a regular school day. I'm not sure my 6 y/o is going to be able to sit there looking at her iPad all day, but we'll find out soon enough...
damn, can't imagine doing distance learning with a 6 year old. Not going to be easy my man.

this is the worst news and something I said said since the start of this plague

Pretty good analogy for how anti-maskers sound:

116219271_766234324181197_1844223927929789115_n.jpg

my age group is the statistically the lowest affected by car accidents. More people die from the flu than car accidents each year, why should I live in fear and follow traffic lights?!!

Back
Top Bottom