Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Idk about the Pfizer vaccine but the Moderna ones come in multidose vials (10 ppl per vial) that has to be used up once opened.

If 9 ppl take the vaccine but they can't find a 10th one (because of refusal) , they'll just throw that vial out, it's not like they can redistribute an open vial to another facility.

So just take it if it's made available for you

Last edited:
So I just learned the Moderna vaccine is only for people over the age of 17?

does it not work for 16 and below or is it 17+ because we want that group to get it since the 16 and under age group isn't hit as hard when they get covid?

Or did I get bad info?

I have an opportunity to get the vaccine for me and wife now but I dont know how I feel about getting it when its technically not my turn. I know a few people who got the vaccine and they are not in the high risk group.

Think I might pass but passing just means it probably goes to someone else in my situation and not to someone else who really needs it.

Conflicted. The vaccine is one of those things I dont think I'll feel great about coming up on.

Like Kdawg said it’s due to trials. I don’t think either has had trials ran on anyone under 16 nor pregnant women.

yeah I don't get this "I don't want to skip ahead in line" logic.

you getting it = one less person who can get covid and spread it and take up a hospital bed

the burden isn't on you to do all the math and logistics and figure out if you deserve it right now or not. if we spend too much time doing that, the doses will expire and we'll end up throwing them away.

worst case, you delay somebody else's vaccination by a day. big deal.

it's not like you're stealing a dose or faking your identity and kidnapping your grandpa so you can get his dose.
you're right. I dont know why I'm taking this stance, to be honest.

Like Kdawg said it’s due to trials. I don’t think either has had trials ran on anyone under 16 nor pregnant women.
It is my understanding that pregnant women were not intentionally allowed to participate in the trials, but several (at least 23) women became pregnant while taking part and the only one who had a miscarriage was in the placebo group.

It is my understanding that pregnant women were not intentionally allowed to participate in the trials, but several (at least 23) women became pregnant while taking part and the only one who had a miscarriage was in the placebo group.

Yeah I read about that. Because there were rumors swirling about being infertile. I think those women weren’t trying to get pregnant but just winded up being pregnant. Which is good either way.

unfortunately miscarriages are common and 1 out of 23 isn’t bad but my condolences.

They basically never do trials on pregnant women - you can’t get ethical approval or people willing to take the risk.

If you look at the side effect lists it will say it’s not approved due to no data.

So what you're telling me is the placebo caused the miscarriage? :oo

j/k

I am no economist so I really could be wrong but I'm assuming they are distributing the vaccines in multidose vials to save money.

I wonder how much money is being wasted on leftover vaccines that are being thrown out.

I don't know the numbers but I do know that they are throwing them out.

Maybe single dose vials would've been better (if there are leftovers of allotments to one facility, easier to redistribute somewhere else then)?

I am no economist so I really could be wrong but I'm assuming they are distributing the vaccines in multidose vials to save money.

I wonder how much money is being wasted on leftover vaccines that are being thrown out.

I don't know the numbers but I do know that they are throwing them out.

Maybe single dose vials would've been better (if there are leftovers of allotments to one facility, easier to redistribute somewhere else then)?
I'm guessing it's the opposite.

The virus comes in a vial that has to be thawed and then diluted and shaken before individual doses are drawn out. It's a relatively small amount (0.3 ml per dose). It's a pain-in-the-*** and would be prone to error if you had to dilute out to 0.3 ml for each dose. You would lose a lot more vaccine that way in dead space and face more dilution errors.

Not to mention you'd need to ship and store 6 individual vials instead of 1.

What do you guys have read on the chances of seeing the Brazil variant spreading?

Do you guys think that the world now knows better how to properly do a travel ban? Or will the effort being made with the vaccines go to waste?

28l0b45sfrb61.jpg

Mans got his first dose and went to Taco Bell right after. Blaming the vaccine for the bubble guts :smh:

Right, and he'll be at Taco Bell a week later eating that slop and getting bubble guts again. Who cares about saving grandpa and grandma, can't take the chance of getting those vaccine bubble guts.

Back
Top Bottom