Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’ll get a Covid booster if need be. Flu shots are an easy pass though. If I get the flu it lasts one day and I’ve got a few flu shots and they always get me puking hard for multiple days. No more.

I’ll get a Covid booster if need be. Flu shots are an easy pass though. If I get the flu it lasts one day and I’ve got a few flu shots and they always get me puking hard for multiple days. No more.
That's cause the current flu shot uses 3G chips

Moderna finna upgrade da flu shot to 5G too, soon.

I'll have to talk to Jeff so he can make you get your mind right at go-in for one when the new firmware update comes out.

Last edited:
I’m not anti vax bruh. I already got my 5G firmware complete with blood clot bugs and glitches.

I just don’t get hit hard by the flu. Just the shot. :lol:

FYI- Anyone in other parts of CA having trouble getting an appointment for vaccine should consider taking a drive to Fresno. I just saw on the news that the fairgrounds site can administer 2,500 per day but is only averaging around 1k with more than enough doses available.

I've seen some headlines about CDC's report on breakthrough cases (5,800), hospitalizations (396), and deaths (74) this morning of 66 million fully vaccinated Americans, which they say is in line with expectations. I fully expected the "zero risk of hospitalization and death" wouldn't hold up in the real world, but so far these results look promising. 40% of the infections were in individuals over 60 and 65% were in females. Since the majority of vaccinations so far have been in the elderly populations, the 40% figure doesn't surprise me, but I'll be interested in hearing the discussion about why the majority have been women. My initial reaction is to assume that since there are more elderly females than males (men die sooner, in general) there may simply be a higher proportion of women who were fully vaccinated out of that 66 million.

"...women make up three-quarters of the workforce in health care and education, sectors prioritized for initial vaccines. Women’s longer life spans also mean that older people in the first rounds of vaccine eligibility were more likely to be female. But as eligibility expands to all adults, the gap has continued. Experts point to women’s roles as caregivers and their greater likelihood to seek out preventive health care in general as contributing factors."

Plan on annual boosters that include variants of concern until the pandemic is over EVERYWHERE in the world. We're many years away from that.

something about the way you worded this made it click in my head that eliminating COVID will be a long, drawn-out process.

there was once a nightmare by the name of "screwworm" that was basically a maggot for the living, will eat your **** flesh inside-out.

real problem was that it preyed on livestock and ruined food so a decision was made to eliminate them from the face of the Planet.

after carefully studying insect mating habits (eww) scientists slowly introduced sterile males into the North American population.

lengthy process, took lots of buy-in from farmers and layfolk, very expensive.

...but ain't no more screwworms in this mf.

so that's kinda where we are I guess.

thanks man.

Now I'll take the other (more rational) side of the argument and say the majority of us won't actually need annual boosters because if we get vaccinated the first time, our immune systems will likely recognize when we encounter the virus IRL, and even if we are infected by a variant it will be more like a cold caused by already circulating coronaviruses. This mild infection will act as our booster to the variants that are circulating. Unless you are immune compromised and could become severely ill from a common cold or annual influenza infection, then you probably don't need to bother with a booster. That being said, I'll still get one because I hate being sick. Vaccine manufacturers will make them as long as there's a market for them and there should be no shortage of willing customers for several years.

kdawg kdawg ballinsam23 ballinsam23 Do you guys remember a couple weeks ago when I was asking whether it's standard procedure to aspirate when giving COVID vaccinations in order to make sure you're not accidentally in a vein or blood vessel? I think both of you indicated that it's not being done as standard practice. Dr John Campbell said today that there's a report from back in 2006 indicating that thrombocytopenia was consistently reported following the intravenous administration of adenoviral gene transfer vectors. This has obvious implications for what might be occurring with the Oxford/AstraZeneca and J&J adenovirus vector vaccines if some of the vaccine is accidentally going directly into the blood stream. Interesting discussion, if you have time.

Nooooo :emoji_cold_sweat:

I'm not surprised that we are seeing more cases as schools reopen under CDC's BS 3ft spacing guidelines. There has been a dangerous myth spread that kids are somehow miraculously immune to COVID. Just because they don't die as often as their grandparents, kids are still at significant risk for catching and spreading the virus. Lower risk does not necessarily mean low risk.

Plan on annual boosters that include variants of concern until the pandemic is over EVERYWHERE in the world. We're many years away from that.
something about the way you worded this made it click in my head that eliminating COVID will be a long, drawn-out process.

there was once a nightmare by the name of "screwworm" that was basically a maggot for the living, will eat your **** flesh inside-out.

real problem was that it preyed on livestock and ruined food so a decision was made to eliminate them from the face of the Planet.

after carefully studying insect mating habits (eww) scientists slowly introduced sterile males into the North American population.

lengthy process, took lots of buy-in from farmers and layfolk, very expensive.

...but ain't no more screwworms in this mf.

so that's kinda where we are I guess.

thanks man.
Yeah, my thought is that covid-19 will potentially be eliminated 10 years from now. By "potentially", I mean unlikely but possible. While it is a formidable enemy, it was devastating mostly because it is novel. Within the next 2-3 years, nearly everyone on earth will have seen a version of it, either through infection or vaccination or both.

Also, the variants that have arisen are because it's been free to spread. I would guess a billion people have had it by now, which means a billion chances to mutate. Despite all that, we have fewer than 5 known variants that are more transmissable or dangerous, and still immunity from prior infection or immunization holds up in many cases.

It could go the other way -- as more people get immunity, there will be more pressure on the virus to mutate faster.

Either way, I think the outcome will be between yearly boosters versus maybe 1 or 2 more boosters in the next 5 years and that's it.

I've seen some headlines about CDC's report on breakthrough cases (5,800), hospitalizations (396), and deaths (74) this morning of 66 million fully vaccinated Americans, which they say is in line with expectations. I fully expected the "zero risk of hospitalization and death" wouldn't hold up in the real world, but so far these results look promising. 40% of the infections were in individuals over 60 and 65% were in females. Since the majority of vaccinations so far have been in the elderly populations, the 40% figure doesn't surprise me, but I'll be interested in hearing the discussion about why the majority have been women. My initial reaction is to assume that since there are more elderly females than males (men die sooner, in general) there may simply be a higher proportion of women who were fully vaccinated out of that 66 million.

"...women make up three-quarters of the workforce in health care and education, sectors prioritized for initial vaccines. Women’s longer life spans also mean that older people in the first rounds of vaccine eligibility were more likely to be female. But as eligibility expands to all adults, the gap has continued. Experts point to women’s roles as caregivers and their greater likelihood to seek out preventive health care in general as contributing factors."
To put those numbers in perspective -- in the past month, there have been ~3 million cases, 150k hospitalizations, and 25k deaths. Compare that to 5800-396-74 among the 25% of the population that is fully vaccinated. Or, to put it another way, on April 14 there were 73,000 new cases, 5,788 new hospital admissions, and 831 deaths, which alone is 10x the TOTAL numbers for those who have been vaccinated.

These numbers are guesses in that I have no idea of the timeframe over which these cases and deaths were reported in the 66 million vaccinated adults. Is it over a week? A month? Or more? Either way, the reduction in numbers is at least an order of magnitude or more from the total population numbers.

Here is Israel data. This guy has other tweets where he estimates 90% efficacy for 2 doses. This is for infection. Risk of hospitalization death should be lower.

edit: one more thing -- many in the 66 million vaccinated are from the elderly / high-risk groups, so it's even more startling how few deaths and hospitalizations there have been among them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom