Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aside from the people that have already gotten vaccinated, the amount of people that have gotten Covid and still have antibodies already in NYC is so high that it's probably causing those open slots. Add the large allocation the NYC is getting (probably more than any other city) and it'll make for those gaps going forward.

With all that said: It doesn't make any sense as to why that curve is staying put at 5k+ daily cases since the holidays. They need to send like a group of the world's best epidemiologists over here to find out WTF

Aside from the people that have already gotten vaccinated, the amount of people that have gotten Covid and still have antibodies already in NYC is so high that it's probably causing those open slots. Add the large allocation the NYC is getting (probably more than any other city) and it'll make for those gaps going forward.

With all that said: It doesn't make any sense as to why that curve is staying put at 5k+ daily cases since the holidays. They need to send like a group of the world's best epidemiologists over here to find out WTF
it's been an eternal plateau

Last edited:
i have friends in south america that have no idea when they're getting vaccinated ... a lot of them are under a lot of stress due to their current situation and spikes/variants

but , here in america vaccines are more available and ppl seem to just not even care

life can be so unfair
This is one of the reasons why I decided to get vaccinated. After realizing how priviledged we are to have a potential life saving medical treatment available to us while others around the world don't have that chance and would immediately jump at it.
I remember seeing a video where so many poor people from Brazil lined up for like a whole day for a chance to get the vaccine only to get turned away at the end because of some screw up.

Some very encouraging information in here regarding vaccine protection against variants, along with some enlightening info on what the term "efficacy" really means.

Great explainer here. I think the best way to travel and what I plan to do when i get on a plane is. Try to get there as close to the cutoff time as possible so as to not spend too much time in the airport, go through checkpoint as fast as possible (Trusted traveler card helps with this) and when waiting at a gate try to distance as much as possible from anyone even it means waiting at a empty gate until your board time.
Who sits next to you is totally up to luck. Just gotta hope it's not someone with some thin cloth mask.

Some very encouraging information in here regarding vaccine protection against variants, along with some enlightening info on what the term "efficacy" really means.
This article is behind a paywall. Can someone copy and paste the whole article?

national numbers for cases, hospitalizations, and even deaths seem to be trending downward, but just barely.

a year ago, things were exploding in April, and that was in the middle of a lockdown. now we are fairly open and dealing with variants, so this is pretty encouraging.

Apparently that variant coming out of India is worrisome. Double mutation (whatever the **** that means) and high likelihood of getting around the vaccines.

Back
Top Bottom