Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
My gym just hung a sign that states you don’t have to wear a mask anymore if you’ve been fully vaccinated. Honor system.

looks Like covid is officially over.

looks Like covid is officially over.
just to gloat a bit (although I've been wrong about many things too):

from April 2020:

my prediction:
Shutdown will start to be eased May/June.
Won't return to normal until summer or fall 2021.

and from February of this year:

"overpromising" would be telling people that the numbers are down and we should reopen everything right now. Reality is saying that if we wait two months and vaccinate 100 million more people as fast as possible then in June we can reopen everything. Pessimism and fear is saying we should wait until next winter to think about life getting better.

we're (nearly) there :pimp:

just to gloat a bit (although I've been wrong about many things too):

from April 2020:

and from February of this year:

we're (nearly) there :pimp:
This is good but it's difficult to get people to trust the reopening
They look at the CDC and say "you want us to take masks off, you want vaxxed people to keep them on, which one is it?" because they've released statements with different signals.

The funny thing is they made "trust the science" people distrust them.

whywesteppin whywesteppin just inspired me to look back a year to see where we were with this thread on 5/17/20 and first thing I immediately noticed is how much we've missed the gawd shibadekobe shibadekobe and his constant updates with relevant and scholarly articles and graphs. He made it really easy to keep up with what was going on just by visiting the thread once a day. Miss you bro. Hope you're safe out there in the galaxy somewhere collecting infinity stones, slaying dragons, or whatever important work you've been doing...

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how common it becomes to make COVID vaccines mandatory in schools and workplaces, especially healthcare settings where it's reported that nearly half (48%) of all (TIER 1) frontline healthcare workers remain unvaccinated.

I highly doubt it will become mandatory any time soon while they're still under EUA, but I'd love to at least see them make unvaccinated individuals wear masks until they can show proof of vaccination. I don't think that's unreasonable.

I will never forgive anyone who mentions freedom when it comes to not wearing a mask.

Grade A certified POS if thats a reason you give.

If data is really showing you aren’t likely to be infected or spread if you are vaccinate, the non maskers are really only infecting those that don’t want to get vaccinated. Mask easing might scare some on the fence into getting vaccinated

The staffs at my workplace are required to wear mask if they don't get flu vaccine. I can see this is being applied for covid vaccine.

Until younger kids can get the vaccine, elementary schools should continue implementing the health guidance IMO.

Until younger kids can get the vaccine, elementary schools should continue implementing the health guidance IMO.

I could definitely see my kids' school dropping the mask mandate for next Fall. Every single PTO meeting since the start of the school year parents have been crying for them to let kids go without masks. I'm really hoping CDC school guidance regarding masks doesn't change for the next school year because as soon as CDC said 3 feet was "safe" they moved the desks the very next day. Really happy we did distance learning this year, but they've already said it won't be an option next year. In fact, last week they tried bullying us into sending them back and we said NOPE.

Was Alex Jones talking about this?
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/02/210225143805.htm

It's being researched apparently but not being used on actual civilians as far as I can tell.
Alex Jone's whole schtick seems to be reading a sentence or two around a story and creating a narrative.
That way anyone can google it, read just the head line or the first couple paragraphs, and be like wow this dude is right.
Rogan seems to be worse now and doesn't even do the looking up part to verify. Just hears it and runs with it smh.

20hrs after getting my 2nd dose... No symptoms at all. It makes me wonder if the research about having blood type O, and covid not affecting you as bad as other blood types are true. Anyone else in here with blood type O or any other not have much symptoms after the shot?
I was hoping more research on blood types would have been done by now.

My state is still a little over a month before reopening (WA) but the gyms seem to be following the masks optional policy for the vaccinated already. Was at the gym yesterday and probably only a quarter of folks were unmasked though, bball court was open but still saw most cats wearing masks while hooping, no more cardio machines closed for distancing and water fountains were open again. Felt strange as this hasn't been the case since March of 2020.

whywesteppin whywesteppin just inspired me to look back a year to see where we were with this thread on 5/17/20 and first thing I immediately noticed is how much we've missed the gawd shibadekobe shibadekobe and his constant updates with relevant and scholarly articles and graphs. He made it really easy to keep up with what was going on just by visiting the thread once a day. Miss you bro. Hope you're safe out there in the galaxy somewhere collecting infinity stones, battling dragons, or whatever important work you've been doing...

Speaking of looking back to the early days of this pandemic, whatever happened to folks who were getting picked up in the streets of China and that whole thing about millions of cellphone signals always disappearing? Any good tinfoil theories about what could've happened with those occurrences?

LA Fitness dropped the mask requirement for vaccinated people. 3 people had it on.... honestly I was not one of them. Walked in with it on then noticed I was one of the only few. Figured it wasn't really effective if everyone around me didn't have theirs on so I took it off.

Back
Top Bottom