Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Know somebody who now has high blood pressure after having Covid. Definitely can affect more than your lungs.
I know an old guy (not sure of his vaccination status but I’m sure I would have heard if he was unvaxxed) who got it and then in the weeks after had really low blood pressure - his diastolic wouldn’t go above 50 so he couldn’t stand up without passing out. Spent a month or so in bed then died.

Granted he’s in his 80s but was generally fine until catching covid.

"More Hospitalized Patients Getting COVID-19, Maybe From Infected Staff" https://www.businessinsider.com/hos...covid-from-infected-doctors-nurses-2022-1?amp

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stunned many disease experts last month when it announced healthcare workers could return to work seven days after testing positive for COVID-19, instead of its previous 10-day recommendation.

The policy applies to people who are asymptomatic, or whose mild or moderate symptoms are improving, and test negative within 48 hours of returning to work. But the CDC said the isolation period could be cut even more — down to five days — in the event of staffing shortages. In that case, healthcare workers wouldn't need to test out of isolation. And in a crisis scenario, when there's no longer enough staff to provide safe patient care, there would be no work restrictions at all, the CDC said.

Nearly one-quarter of US hospitals are reporting critical staffing shortages, according to the latest data from the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Often, that means having to choose between treating sick patients and allowing infected employees to return to work (though hospitals can decide for themselves what constitutes a critical shortage, NPR reported).

But disease experts fear the CDC policy is fueling in-hospital transmission, since research shows that some people with COVID-19 can still be infectious for up to 10 days.

"It's a little bit of pandemic theater. You're making the decision to bring healthcare workers back when they're sick," Susan Butler-Wu, an associate professor of clinical pathology at the University of Southern California, told Insider last month. "I don't think the data support that."

A week after the CDC's announcement on December 23, the total number of hospitalized patients who contracted COVID-19 at least two weeks into their hospital stay went up 80% — from around 1,200 to 2,200 patients — according to HHS data.

Those patients "initially came into the hospital for something other than COVID and then were found to be positive," Dr. Jorge Caballero, a data scientist with the nonprofit Coders Against COVID, told Insider. "The only place that they can possibly get COVID is in the hospital, because that's where they've been and they didn't have it to begin with."

Dr. Jeremy Faust, an emergency medicine physician at Brigham and Women's Hospital, said many hospitals are implementing the CDC's recommendations before they reach critical staffing shortages.

If it's choice between nothing and somebody who came back to work a little sooner than they should and wears PPE, I would take the latter," he said. "But we should not do that unless it's absolutely necessary because bringing people back to work sooner does increase the risk of spread. You have to decide if that increased risk is worth it. In a lot of cases, it's not."

Omicron's transmissibility doesn't fully explain the sharp rise of COVID-19 in hospitals​

In-hospital transmission is rising on the local level, too.

"When we look specifically at large hospital systems where there was a quick implementation of the new CDC policies, we see this huge jump," Caballero said.

On December 31, Rhode Island's Department of Health updated its isolation guidance to reflect the new CDC recommendations for hospital and nursing home workers. Within days, the number of inpatients who contracted COVID-19 during their hospital stay skyrocketed."

Last edited:
New VA Governor is cutting mask mandates and declaring the state open for business.
1642358843973.gif

Primarily the lungs, but can affect blood vessels as well indirectly. Constriction can lead to higher blood pressure and less blood flow to the penis.
Thats interesting. I remember the world clowning on nikki Minaj for her “swollen balls” statements from her friend of a cousin or whatever.

The overall statements from all the experts was that “covid balls” was not a thing or not possible. Interesting that penis shrinkage could be.

I’m not saying I’ve looked into ANY of the data support any of the claims in either theory, but it just seems strange to have 2 contradictory sentiments.

Thats interesting. I remember the world clowning on nikki Minaj for her “swollen balls” statements from her friend of a cousin or whatever.

The overall statements from all the experts was that “covid balls” was not a thing or not possible. Interesting that penis shrinkage could be.

I’m not saying I’ve looked into ANY of the data support any of the claims in either theory, but it just seems strange to have 2 contradictory sentiments.

Because saying that the vaccine did that to her cousin is still asinine.

Because saying that the vaccine did that to her cousin is still asinine.

Oh I agree. My mind got confused and I was thinking the article posted was about the side effects of the vaccine and not side effects from covid.

I was thinking “damn it’s not okay to say the vaccine will make your balls swell but it’s okay to say it will make your penis shrink? I can’t keep up with these things!”

But yes, confusion on my part. Disregard my initial post

jumpmanpro97 jumpmanpro97 Your mom vaxxed? From all the people that I know whom are tested positive and vaxxed, their symptoms are mild/bad flu....typically last about 7-10 days until negative result.

jumpmanpro97 jumpmanpro97 Your mom vaxxed? From all the people that I know whom are tested positive and vaxxed, their symptoms are mild/bad flu....typically last about 7-10 days until negative result.
Yea she’s vaccinated she got it early last year. I’ve noticed all my family friends that got it early have gotten positive test.

Back
Top Bottom