Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
thinking of getting my 4th ring.. which team should i join? won b2b with pfizer, 3rd with moderna.. where should i take my talents to?
What are you trying to achieve? There's very little downside, but if you're trying to avoid infection another dose won't do it and if you're trying to avoid severe disease the studies show you're already there after dose #3.

Started developing a little post nasal drip and a mild sore throat yesterday, so I swabbed myself at work 3 times and came out negative each time.

I’m sure it’s probably resulting from using air conditioner at work and home mixed with poor air quality, but that’s not gonna stop me from being paranoid. :lol:

Started developing a little post nasal drip and a mild sore throat yesterday, so I swabbed myself at work 3 times and came out negative each time.

I’m sure it’s probably resulting from using air conditioner at work and home mixed with poor air quality, but that’s not gonna stop me from being paranoid. :lol:

I’ve got hay fever at the moment - my nose/sinuses just feels odd. It’s been going on a month now though and better since I’ve been taking an antihistamine but it’s making me nervous.

One of my staff asked me if I thought it was a line on their test. “First things first go stand way over there!” It was just a smudge on the paper, made her do another one to be sure though.

1658748773546.png

Xie Xie "Dr." Tedros #Mon(k)eyPox

Some interesting information about how different vaccines/boosters/infections provide (or not) protection against BA.5, and the varying levels of antibodies from 2 or 3 doses of the same or different vaccines. He also explains why all the vaccines target the spike protein and whether the variant mutations to spike make the original vaccines ineffective.

TL;DR - Prior infection does not provide a reliable level of immunity because inoculation dose is different for every infection compared to a standard vaccine dose that provides a stable antibody & B/T cell response in the majority of individuals. 2 doses (or 1 J&J :lol:) is not enough and you need a 3rd dose ASAP if you haven't already. The OG recipe is still damn good at preventing the most severe outcomes. Spike is an effective target because antibodies cover the exterior of the virus and prevent it from entering cells, and despite the number of mutations to the spike of any particular variant, there are still enough similarities that the immune system will provide a high degree of protection against severe outcomes.

Some interesting information about how different vaccines/boosters/infections provide (or not) protection against BA.5, and the varying levels of antibodies from 2 or 3 doses of the same or different vaccines. He also explains why all the vaccines target the spike protein and whether the variant mutations to spike make the original vaccines ineffective.

TL;DR - Prior infection does not provide a reliable level of immunity because inoculation dose is different for every infection compared to a standard vaccine dose that provides a stable antibody & B/T cell response in the majority of individuals. 2 doses (or 1 J&J :lol:) is not enough and you need a 3rd dose ASAP if you haven't already. The OG recipe is still damn good at preventing the most severe outcomes. Spike is an effective target because antibodies cover the exterior of the virus and prevent it from entering cells, and despite the number of mutations to the spike of any particular variant, there are still enough similarities that the immune system will provide a high degree of protection against severe outcomes.

Does it make sense to take one of the old vax brands now that Novavax has released other than not being able to get Nova?

Does it make sense to take one of the old vax brands now that Novavax has released other than not being able to get Nova?

For an unvaccinated individual or someone with only 2 doses, YES get vaccinated ASAP. If you've got 3 doses, it would make sense to wait for the updated booster in the fall from Novavax, Pfizer, or Moderna.

Back
Top Bottom