Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

NOVAVAX available in Houston area

1658941056366.png

My.God. With a ~2 week incubation period and even longer before cases are tested and reported, these NEW infections are old news and have likely gone on to infect countless others. The tsunami is building below the surface. Brace yourselves.

Scientists have questioned the scientific rationale behind the five-day quarantine policy since the CDC introduced it last December. And now, critics of the policy have more data to back up their claims.

In two new preprints, scientists found that people infected with COVID-19 remained infectious after five days. One from the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston showed that one-quarter of COVID patients may still be infectious eight days after first testing positive.

How long should you isolate after testing positive for COVID?​

Extending the isolation period from five to ten days could be more safe, according to the study.

There is not data to support five days or anything shorter than ten days [of isolation],” Amy Barczak, a physician at the Massachusetts General Hospital Infectious Disease Division, who contributed research to the study, tells Nature.

Some scientists advise that people should stop quarantining only once they test negative using at-home, rapid antigen tests (RATs) rather than relying on the CDC's five-day rule.

"There’s still all of these things that we’re not exactly sure about, but if I had to sum it up in one very concise message, it would be if you’re antigen positive, you shouldn't go out and interact closely with people who you don’t want to be infected,” says Emily Bruce, a microbiologist and molecular geneticist at the University of Vermont in Burlington, tells Nature.

School me on this Novavax.

Had the third dose (Moderna) and haven’t thought about anything else so been out of the loop. Not high risk/health complications or anything.

Unless you’re paying peoples bills, we’re back to 2019 and prior. People will show up to work sick. Can Biden and company pay us to stay home? Otherwise,’this will be met with resistance.

How are other countries still doing full lock downs with no economic conditions in mind? I wish we had that
Stability.

My state just instituted new PTO procedures, paid out at 30 hours worked equaling one sick hour. Overall, it’s about a week to 8 days for the average worker (over the course of a full year, starting 7/1).

Unless there is forced testing, just assume your coworkers are sick or have been sick and protect yourself however you see fit. A vast rise in prices with no new stimulus on the horizon leaves many going to work sick to survive. Not many are proud of that. I would love to stay home and not be reprimanded every time I felt sick.

Back
Top Bottom