Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Had a scare with my oldest. Complained of a headache then turned fever. At home test was neg but kept having fever and don’t want to eat. Took him in for a pcr and neg thank god. But it was HFM. I’m disgustingly relieved. Kid didn’t have any sores anywhere except a small one on his tonsil.

Doc said the at home tests are kinda useless for whatever strain is out now :frown:

Not sure how true but they’ve been getting a lot of false negatives because perhaps people are testing too early with at home tests. PCR picks it up immediately.

First off, I'm sorry to hear your oldest is ill and wish your child a speedy recovery. I've only heard horror stories about HFM, so I pray it's not as bad as it could be. Is there any effective treatment or just have to wait it out?

I completely disagree with the doc about antigen tests being useless, and it has nothing to do with the current strain. By this point, we've all likely been exposed to the virus in one way or another. Some have been infected, others vaccinated, many have had both. There used to be a longer time between exposure and symptoms because your immune system didn't recognize what was happening while the virus was replicating, though you may have been presymptomatic for 7-14 days. The initial symptoms are your immune system's way of getting you to be uncomfortable and rest in order for it to do it's work, but since the immune system didn't recognize the virus it didn't react right away. By the time you felt symptoms (many times even sooner), there was enough virus in your nasopharynx to detect using rapid antigen tests. Now, due to prior exposure, your immune system recognizes that toxic spike right away and you feel symptoms very soon after infection. In many cases, if you test right away there is not enough virus in your nasopharynx for RAT to detect. In this case, you are also likely not very contagious until RAT turns positive, indicating higher viral load. In some physicians' eyes, the fact that the patient has symptoms but the home test is negative indicates that they are useless, but I would argue they are still a very useful tool when you understand and use them properly.

Last edited:
EYE see what you did there. Hahah. I know I meant they literally expire in 2 weeks. Why not send out updated batches?

Do they say a date in September - or just September?

If it says September then it’s the end of the month - at least that’s a bit longer. I wouldn’t have a problem using them for a bit longer either. Not like they are going to suddenly stop working on October 1st. There’s a limit to that obviously but another month would be reasonable.

Do they say a date in September - or just September?

If it says September then it’s the end of the month - at least that’s a bit longer. I wouldn’t have a problem using them for a bit longer either. Not like they are going to suddenly stop working on October 1st. There’s a limit to that obviously but another month would be reasonable.
No just says 09/2022. The ones they sent out the first time around didn't expire for the better part of the year. Actually I still have them and these new ones expire sooner.

First off, I'm sorry to hear your oldest is ill and wish your child a speedy recovery. I've only heard horror stories about HFM, so I pray it's not as bad as it could be. Is there any effective treatment or just have to wait it out?

I completely disagree with the doc about antigen tests being useless, and it has nothing to do with the current strain. By this point, we've all likely been exposed to the virus in one way or another. Some have been infected, others vaccinated, many have had both. There used to be a longer time between exposure and symptoms because your immune system didn't recognize what was happening while the virus was replicating, though you may have been presymptomatic for 7-14 days. The initial symptoms are your immune system's way of getting you to be uncomfortable and rest in order for it to do it's work, but since the immune system didn't recognize the virus it didn't react right away. By the time you felt symptoms (many times even sooner), there was enough virus in your nasopharynx to detect using rapid antigen tests. Now, due to prior exposure, your immune system recognizes that toxic spike right away and you feel symptoms very soon after infection. In many cases, if you test right away there is not enough virus in your nasopharynx for RAT to detect. In this case, you are also likely not very contagious until RAT turns positive, indicating higher viral load. In some physicians' eyes, the fact that the patient has symptoms but the home test is negative indicates that they are useless, but I would argue they are still a very useful tool when you understand and use them properly.
Many thanks and good points. So far so good no fever for two days and no sores anywhere else. I can see how it could’ve got bad real fast.

Your analysis does make sense we’ve had several close calls (hence the exposure)

just out of curiosity, i decided to test myself daily in quarantine. i’ve been in since wed afternoon and tested negative today (i’m staying in here tho - not breaking quarantine). super blessed to be in a big room with meal delivery (my mom) and seemingly got it very mild so far. i am vaxxed and got one booster early in the year (all moderna).

wed - mild scratchy throat.
thurs - felt mildly blah for half the day, not bad.
fri - feel 100% normal.
sat (today) - mild cough. don’t feel sick tho.

AEA904D2-1766-466D-880E-720863C4F882.jpeg

just out of curiosity, i decided to test myself daily in quarantine. i’ve been in since wed afternoon and tested negative today (i’m staying in here tho - not breaking quarantine). super blessed to be in a big room with meal delivery (my mom) and seemingly got it very mild so far. i am vaxxed and got one booster early in the year (all moderna).

wed - mild scratchy throat.
thurs - felt mildly blah for half the day, not bad.
fri - feel 100% normal.
sat (today) - mild cough. don’t feel sick tho.

AEA904D2-1766-466D-880E-720863C4F882.jpeg
Great to hear! One more day of Paxlovid?

I guess I get saying, "We really don't know the long term effects" wouldn't be comforting to the public but if there was ever something we needed to use, "Wait and See" about, it was THIS. -

Man, I still have family members who won't get their kids vaccinated because of the incredibly unlikely long term side effects that "could" happen, but they don't even bother to try and protect their children against the well known and very likely effects of repeatedly being infected with COVID. It makes no sense.

I guess I get saying, "We really don't know the long term effects" wouldn't be comforting to the public but if there was ever something we needed to use, "Wait and See" about, it was THIS. -

That was my #1 concern with regards to catching covid. Especially the early strains

Seemed like such an obvious long term and unacceptable risk with the high % of cases experiencing those symptoms

But hey... hypothetical long term risks of a vaccine or something like that

Gotten pretty bad about stepping out without the mask lately, about 50/50. Started noticing more beggars approaching though so that alone bout to put me back to masking full time.

I still masked up in church. Especially when the father was wearing a mask himself, was coughing, and still gave communion to the other people who gave out communion.

Also I don't know what the hell the anti-Fauci crowd actually expected him to do. His job was to keep up with the established research and make sure COVID guidelines adhered to them.

Did these idiots really expect the head of the NIAID to not do this?

Any one here had more then 3 jabs??

Is there a follow up question or are you just curious? Technically the 4th shot is only for immunocompromised or age 50+, though anyone can self-attest that they have a condition that puts them at greater risk. I know someone who did that. I'd rather wait for an updated next-gen booster. Pfizer bi-valent is reportedly due out in September and Moderna in October. Not sure about Novavax. AFAIK, they haven't even been given approval to be used as a booster, let alone updated ingredients. shibadekobe shibadekobe where u at?

Back
Top Bottom