Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Found out what vaccine they're using next week - the only one approved here is the new Moderna bivalent one. Apparently the Pfizer version is expected to be a few more months.

I'm not unhappy with that - I wanted a Moderna booster before but got my third Pfizer instead. Not sure I'm looking forward to the next day though - I spoke to a lot of folks who felt rough the day after.

Found out what vaccine they're using next week - the only one approved here is the new Moderna bivalent one. Apparently the Pfizer version is expected to be a few more months.

I'm not unhappy with that - I wanted a Moderna booster before but got my third Pfizer instead. Not sure I'm looking forward to the next day though - I spoke to a lot of folks who felt rough the day after.

FWIW, I felt pretty bad the day after my second dose, but fine after dose 3. Maybe I was a little more tired than normal after 3, but I felt like death after 2. I think the fact that the second dose was so close (4 weeks) after the first meant that my immune system was primed and ready to fight when it saw the spike again right away, whereas it had 8 months to forget before the third. It will have been about 10 months between 3 and 4, so I'm not expecting the worst. We'll see!

FWIW, I felt pretty bad the day after my second dose, but fine after dose 3. Maybe I was a little more tired than normal after 3, but I felt like death after 2. I think the fact that the second dose was so close (4 weeks) after the first meant that my immune system was primed and ready to fight when it saw the spike again right away, whereas it had 8 months to forget before the third. It will have been about 10 months between 3 and 4, so I'm not expecting the worst. We'll see!

Yeah, I'm going to be just short of a year for this one - so I'm expecting the worst.

Yeah, I'm going to be just short of a year for this one - so I'm expecting the worst.

I honestly think the longer time between doses is a good thing and you won't have such a strong reaction. Think positive, stay negative!

So if I read correctly, anyone over 18 years old can get either Moderna of Pfitzer booster shot. Anyone between 12 -17 years old can only get Pfitzer.
Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 10.57.35 AM.png

So if I read correctly, anyone over 18 years old can get either Moderna of Pfitzer booster shot. Anyone between 12 -17 years old can only get Pfitzer.
Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 10.57.35 AM.png

Yeah, 12+ Pfizer, 18+ Moderna. I'm hoping updated pediatric doses will be coming soon. My kids just got their 3rd doses of the OG Pfizer this summer, but maybe that new new before the holiday season?

I'm not sure how many countries are still placing pre-orders with these vaccine manufacturers, but something we need to consider is that once US government funding runs out later this year and it goes to the traditional vaccine route negotiated and paid by insurance companies per dose, we may be last in line for future updated boosters after everyone else has gotten what they purchased in advance.

Last edited:
how long do i wait, after getting/recovering from covid, to get a booster?

my son is the last man standing in our house. no symptoms. negative rapid test.
wife has bad sore throat and feeling terrible. started on paxlovid.

I wouldn't be in any rush to do it, especially considering they aren't available yet and you just got over COVID. Do you have any particular plans in the near term that you want that extra protection for? If not, there's definitely something to be said for waiting in order to take advantage of your current boost from having just recovered and the fact that antibodies will naturally wane a few months after you get your dose. If it was me, I'd probably target the week before Thanksgiving in order to get me through the holidays with a high level of circulating antibodies.

thanks man. and no, there's no special reason to NEED a boost right now.
i'll shoot for thanksgiving to see what my options are. we don't do any huge gatherings around that time anymore since my rich cousin moved to seattle and nobody else wants to open up their house for big parties :lol:

His conservative values that he's learned from his Unc aepps20 aepps20 is paying off dividends. I'm so proud of him.

thanks man. and no, there's no special reason to NEED a boost right now.
i'll shoot for thanksgiving to see what my options are. we don't do any huge gatherings around that time anymore since my rich cousin moved to seattle and nobody else wants to open up their house for big parties :lol:

Recently published study says "B-cell responses to booster vaccines are impeded by recent infection." This further reinforces my thinking that you're better off waiting.

Recently published study says "B-cell responses to booster vaccines are impeded by recent infection." This further reinforces my thinking that you're better off waiting.

When I was giving them we weren’t allowed to do it until 28 days following symptoms or positive test - and that feels sensible. I’d probably push it a little longer too and wait until October/November when things will probably start to get worse again.

I'm not sure how many countries are still placing pre-orders with these vaccine manufacturers, but something we need to consider is that once US government funding runs out later this year and it goes to the traditional vaccine route negotiated and paid by insurance companies per dose, we may be last in line for future updated boosters after everyone else has gotten what they purchased in advance.
I'm trying to understand what government funding running out means. Will it not be free to go to an urgent care and get a COVID test? Will people have to pay out of pocket if they get severly sick and have to be hospitalized?

How are you getting these Pax prescriptons so easily my G? I know plenty of people that have tried to get a prescription even unvaxxed, high risk people and they got denied.

I'm trying to understand what government funding running out means. Will it not be free to go to an urgent care and get a COVID test? Will people have to pay out of pocket if they get severly sick and have to be hospitalized?

Just like any other illness you need to see a doctor, get a prescription, or go to a hospital for treatment.

This seems sensible advice for when to get a bivalent booster following infection.

1662290637730.png

If you get it too early following infection then it won’t trigger the same immune response so waiting a while seems sensible to me.

Not really big news though since 70-80% of the people I see on trains in nyc subway don’t wear masks anymore

Got my Moderna booster at lunchtime today. Feeling okay so far - just the expected sore arm.

Only weird thing was it was administered by someone I used to supervise. She did a fine job though.

Was it the new bivalent booster?

Yeah, that’s the one we’re using here - the new Pfizer one hasn’t been approved yet but it’s expected shortly.

I asked in the clinic what they’re using (because I’ve been out the loop for 6 months now) and they have a small stock of the OG ones they just use for the very rare second dose - most have either had a proper course or are never going to get it now so there’s not much demand.

"The U.S. fared worse in life expectancy than other high-income countries. While most of the developed world saw conditions improve in the second year of the pandemic, more Americans died of COVID after the introduction of the vaccines than before their invention."

Back
Top Bottom