Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
geg49xbqp2t41.jpg

For real there are so many here who can't take a short term sacrifice to do the right thing. Entitlement, privilege and a sense of "this is so unfair and shouldn't be happening to me!" is going to prolong this pandemic in the U.S.
I know people who still have to have people over cause it's his ****ing birthday.
When you have a crisis that occurs a person true nature will appear. Overall we have some selfish people in this country. The fact that you have people valuing the economy over lives tells you a lot.

Not sure what hospital can pay a large section of its employees 3x their normal salaries and not need a bailout in 3 months, especially one in New York. Throw in the fact that revenue has decreased with the postponement of a lot of procedures/other treatment and it’s likely that people in other parts of the hospital are being furloughed.

If it's any clearer the stock market doesn't reflect economic stability - it went up after the depressing unemployment report this morning.

It’s all baked in. Obviously companies now are as well off today as they were in november. Disney laid off 80% of its work force but they had new Disney + subscribers so up up up.

this entire post was meant to be sarcastic. This **** is being propped up by the fed

I work for NYP one of the biggest private hospitals on the east coast, HELL YEAH they can....are you asking me to feel sympathy for a multimillion dollar “corporation”

seems like you refuse to understand the gripes of an employee feeling undervalued during this current crisis...
sounds like once this is over, you might need to look for another hospital to work at. There will be a lot of disgruntled employees. Making this works in your favor once the dust settles

Not sure what hospital can pay a large section of its employees 3x their normal salaries and not need a bailout in 3 months, especially one in New York. Throw in the fact that revenue has decreased with the postponement of a lot of procedures/other treatment and it’s likely that people in other parts of the hospital are being furloughed.
stupid question
are covid treatments and hospitalizations free? I'm guessing no. 14 days on ventilators with 80% death rates. Plus a $400k, bill. I just don't know man. Some of these families have to be struggling beyond compare.

Can someone who understands economics better than I explain - if the SBA runs out of money, can the government not just print more money specifically for them?
Running out of money in this scenario simply means that the amount of money Congress allocated to the program has run out. In order to add more money, Congress must vote to allocate x amount of funds to the program.

Can someone who understands economics better than I explain - if the SBA runs out of money, can the government not just print more money specifically for them?

The fed could absolutely lend them money, but they wouldnt be able to make the loans forgivable like the PP program. That funding would have to come from congress. It becomes a budgetary issue which requires votes.

Running out of money in this scenario simply means that the amount of money Congress allocated to the program has run out. In order to add more money, Congress must vote to allocate x amount of funds to the program.
The fed could absolutely lend them money, but they wouldnt be able to make the loans forgivable like the PP program. That funding would have to come from congress. It becomes a budgetary issue which requires votes.

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

Back
Top Bottom