Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
No, that's not it at all.

If they wanted to treat you unfairly they would just pocket their money instead of paying over market value to bring in outside help.

If they don't bid at 3x the market value you'd lose all potential help to competing hospitals.

Idk how many times I have to explain this.

I give up. I guess you guys like being worked to the bone and putting yourself at extra risk to contract covid 🤷‍♂️

I know what you're saying you want. You're saying you want the help AND the money. Sometimes in life you can't get both and you have to choose

Look. You live in ny right? Some of these temps, I'm sure you know, don't live in ny. Some are flying in from across the country to help out. Why would somebody fly to covid central to work at a hospital they're unfamiliar with if they can get the same pay at a hospital half an hr from where they live?

The issue isn’t with the Temps, I’m not sure how many times I must repeat that....and yes the hospital can afford to do both....it is simply not fair, specially when it’ll take the temps at least 2-3 weeks to get up to speed and that’s assuming these are good RNs that came because they wanted to help and not just because they wanted the money, for example, my dept also hired temps, one of them refused to treat Covid patients or push vents....WHY ARE YOU HERE BRUH???? Oh that’s right to get paid 2.5x what I make and not give a single damn about actually lending a hand....what I’m saying isn’t that hard to comprehend and I’m not wrong.

btw seems to be a common complaint thing when there is already memes about it

3CD9470E-A2BB-4BE3-95DF-B5BEFC4DA4C8.jpeg

So what would you like us to do about it? This seems like a conversation better suited for your hospital administrators

If I didnt get knocked out and it was an absolute fact that you cant get COVID twice due to built up antibodies, I 100% would pick up these 5k per week or $140/hr shifts offered.

Could care less if I know the hospital EMR or not, everyone that's traveling for help is 100% doing it for the money.

You're not there to learn the system, you do what you can to help, get paid and dip.

To the medical professionals in here: is the situation at your hospitals with PPE getting any better? I’ve heard reports both ways.

To the medical professionals in here: is the situation at your hospitals with PPE getting any better? I’ve heard reports both ways.

I'm at one of biggest hospital in the Bay with lots of resources and we're lowest in the standard yellow gowns (Last I heard, 2 week supply[still not bad]). We have a N95 recycling program (outside the covid-19 rooms there's a n95 recycle bin). The county is conducting a supply audit with intention to equally distribute PPE where needed among the different hospitals. Another smaller hospital I work at has a "5 time use" N95 mask policy. We were expecting a surge, and didn't really get one in California so far..

I can't believe you think your hospital can afford to pay every single nurse on staff 3x the salary...

I work for NYP one of the biggest private hospitals on the east coast, HELL YEAH they can....are you asking me to feel sympathy for a multimillion dollar “corporation”

seems like you refuse to understand the gripes of an employee feeling undervalued during this current crisis...

If I didnt get knocked out and it was an absolute fact that you cant get COVID twice due to built up antibodies, I 100% would pick up these 5k per week or $140/hr shifts offered.

Could care less if I know the hospital EMR or not, everyone that's traveling for help is 100% doing it for the money.

You're not there to learn the system, you do what you can to help, get paid and dip.

If I didn’t have my commitment to my job, I’d be doing the same thing as the temps, I DONOT blame them ONE BIT for securing their bags....like I’ve said, my issue was never with them getting their coins.

I work for NYP one of the biggest private hospitals on the east coast, HELL YEAH they can....are you asking me to feel sympathy for a multimillion dollar “corporation”

seems like you refuse to understand the gripes of an employee feeling undervalued during this current crisis...
Your hospital is not paying temp nurses 3x its salary because they value them more than the permanents. It's just the price the market set that they have to meet to meet the demand for more staffing, nothing more. It was the market that decided the temp salaries, not your employers, so it's kinda irrational to look at what your new coworkers getting paid and feel your employers aren't valuing you enough.

Honestly for me, money is far from my mind. I care more about reinforcements than the money right now. I don't care how much my relief be making, so as long as they relieve me so I can take my *** home and away from covid

If overpaying is how I get my reinforcements, then so be it. After covid goes away we got many years to be worrying about money....

Stop worrying about what the next man be making and just be happy that they're there.

I'm going to stop with the back and forth here, bro. If you want to reply and get the last word, go ahead. This back and forth exhausts me lol

Last edited:
Your hospital is not paying temp nurses 3x its salary because they value them more than the permanents. It's just the price the market set that they have to meet to meet the demand for more staffing, nothing more. It was the market that decided the temp salaries, not your employers, so it's kinda irrational to look at what your new coworkers getting paid and feel your employers aren't valuing you enough.

Honestly for me, money is far from my mind. I care more about reinforcements than the money right now. I don't care how much my relief be making, so as long as they relieve me so I can take my *** home and away from covid

If overpaying is how I get my reinforcements, then so be it. After covid goes away we got many years to be worrying about money....

Stop worrying about what the next man be making and just be happy that they're there.

I'm going to stop with the back and forth here, bro. If you want to reply and get the last word, go ahead. This back and forth exhausts me lol

Oh you are so noble not worried about money.....perfect employee :lol:

Back
Top Bottom