Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
42421B95-F04D-4F08-9D6C-61AA2BB2734C.png

That’s probably a state to state issue and not federal. From everything I’ve heard in NY, they don’t even ask. But not like it matters anymore.
They don’t ask. But you sign something attesting to the fact that you’re not committing perjury.

I'm surprised by the decrease in cases in the red states that opened up. I'm not from there, but I'm assuming it's cuz business are still requiring mask wearing indoors even with the governors dropping the mask mandates.

Identical for the 2 dose vaccines approved so far. The only one I know for sure is different is the Russian (Sputnik V) that uses 2 separate adenovirus vectors to deliver the vaccine to your cells. If they used the same vector, your immune system would likely recognize it from the first dose and destroy the vaccine before it has a chance to take effect. J&J uses similar technology and will likely have to do the same if they end up going with the 2 dose regimen.
So what causes a stronger immune response with the second dose?

There's definitely a correlation there. I wonder how long it will take to do an official study on how covid spreads in different climates
Experts who I normally rely on have been reluctant to say that seasonality plays a role. I don't know why.

Seasonality is true for the flu and for many colds, and we've seen a clear pattern with each surge of covid-19 that can at least be partially attributed to the weather.

There was a recent study linking surges in cases to pollen, but I'm guessing pollen's just a confounding variable for weather / temperature / humidity and time spent indoors.

I remember last summer the positivity rate in new york was below 1 at some point and the deaths per day were in the single digit. That was without the vaccines. So maybe this year maybe I can look forward to some kind of normalcy.

Great read with a lot of information but they’re talking about the Oxford shot
I’m guessing some of the information in the article would apply to the Moderna and Pfizer shot as well

Also has anybody seen or a read this online coming out of England
I can’t find an article about it and I looked on the BBC website that’s how I found this article on top

Admittedly, I look at those daily update charts that 160jordansdeep 160jordansdeep posts and have noted that NY seems to have leveled out hospitalization rates and the test positivity remains under 5%, but don't follow the daily cases too closely. New infections appear to have spiked over the past week, likely as a result of restrictions being lifted and people changing their behavior thinking the worst is over. I fear it will only get worse as spring breakers bring home unwelcome souvenirs. Even in CA it seems indoor dining is back with a vengeance and we all know what that is likely to cause. People can't wait to get back to normal but it still hasn't sunk in that the old normal is gone.

you’re 100% right my friend and it seems like the world will never get out of this mess but we all have our hand in it
I’ve been doing a few things here and there that I shouldn’t but I do wear a n-95 mask all the time outdoors

pretty much everybody wants to go back to normal but that’s not possible
my guess is and i’ve been saying this all along the world will never go back to the way it was pre November/December 2019

good thread about how somebody could get reinfected with covid. essentially it only happened here because the patient was heavily immunosuppressed. I was thinking of 05fordgt 05fordgt -- depending on what drugs you're taking, it's probably not even an issue, but it may be worth following up in a month or two to see if your body has developed antibodies against covid.f If it's available to you, I would also get tested frequently for covid (at least after times where you are at higher risk for being exposed) so that, if worst case you did get an infection, you could get an antibody cocktail right away. And/or you might benefit from a vaccine booster every 6 months or something.

Most likely, the vaccine is all you need, but if it's not enough, you still have good options to keep yourself safe. It's worth bringing up with your doctor, especially as we learn more about how immunocompromised patients react to the vaccine and virus.

Hey buddy, thank you very much for the tag about the article. Read it and the patient was a kidney transplant recipient. And he had the virus once a while before the reinfection. I wish they mentioned his drug cocktail (it really is as at the beginning I was on like 18 pills a day. I'm down to about 10 or so), unless, he had it recently and is one who received the organ AND bone marrow. By doing that, the body doesn't need to have anti rejection drugs, as the marrow does the job of telling the body the organ is part of the marrow (since both are used in some cases). I'm still careful and have about 23 more day or so until my 2nd dose of Pfizer. I'll be relieved once I get the 2nd one. Thanks again for looking out for me. Your a good guy! 👍👍🙏🙏

Also has anybody seen or a read this online coming out of England
I can’t find an article about it and I looked on the BBC website that’s how I found this article on top

is this it? if so, that's a bit of a misleading headline:

"
Public health officials found two residents with "very mild illness" plus a "number" of asymptomatic people.
"

Hey buddy, thank you very much for the tag about the article. Read it and the patient was a kidney transplant recipient. And he had the virus once a while before the reinfection. I wish they mentioned his drug cocktail (it really is as at the beginning I was on like 18 pills a day. I'm down to about 10 or so), unless, he had it recently and is one who received the organ AND bone marrow. By doing that, the body doesn't need to have anti rejection drugs, as the marrow does the job of telling the body the organ is part of the marrow (since both are used in some cases). I'm still careful and have about 23 more day or so until my 2nd dose of Pfizer. I'll be relieved once I get the 2nd one. Thanks again for looking out for me. Your a good guy! 👍👍🙏🙏
Anytime. Glad to hear you're on your way to full vaccination. And with the vaccine roll-out going well, everybody around you will be on their way as well and the risk will hopefully eventually drop to zero.

is this it? if so, that's a bit of a misleading headline:

"
Public health officials found two residents with "very mild illness" plus a "number" of asymptomatic people.
"

thanks for finding the article

“After one Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, it is estimated a person will have up to 89% protection, with about 91% after their second dose.

This is pretty interesting Does anyone know how much of the vaccine you would have in your body from the first shot by taking the Moderna Vaccine ?

When I do take the shot I would like to take the Pfizer but most places in nyc are offering the Moderna shot
I was told and I think I read it somewhere that private hospitals are doing the Pfizer and other non private hospitals in nyc are using the Moderna

Does anybody in nyc know about this
Am I wrong or right ?

thanks for finding the article

“After one Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, it is estimated a person will have up to 89% protection, with about 91% after their second dose.

This is pretty interesting Does anyone know how much of the vaccine you would have in your body from the first shot by taking the Moderna Vaccine ?

When I do take the shot I would like to take the Pfizer but most places in nyc are offering the Moderna shot
I was told and I think I read it somewhere that private hospitals are doing the Pfizer and other non private hospitals in nyc are using the Moderna

Does anybody in nyc know about this
Am I wrong or right ?
I haven't seen anything convincing to indicate that Pfizer or Moderna is better. They're such similar technologies that I would get what you can.

I think I already posted this earlier? I don't remember. But it's a just-released study from CDC showing that you have pretty good protection 14 days after the first shot (but before the second shot). This improves with the second shot. (I think the bigger reason for the second shot is durability -- with one shot alone, your protection may fade, but the 2nd booster helps your body remember for a long time. I think Blake P Blake P mentioned this earlier). Anyway, here's the study. They pooled together both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, which kind of shows how little they think they are different:

So 8 am tomorrow people in NYS over 30 years old can try to get appointments. Wonder how much of a pain it'll be to try and get one.

Yeah & hopefully people can get it at areas near them. Had to drive my dad again to a Walgreens 40-50 minutes away to get his second dose.

Back
Top Bottom