Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
If people don’t want to get vaccinated it’s whatever to me at this point.

It’s spreading regardless, if they want to take their chances let them.

I’m still positive after 5 days, it’s still just like a head cold to me and I quit coughing.

Wife is still positive she feels worse than me but not by much. She got the vaccine late and wasn’t able to get a booster yet.

I dont have FB, I'm not into conspiracy theories, I'm not a Trumper, I don't think the government is out to get me...not scared of needles I just simply don't want it lol

I had the og Covid and delta.. both sucked but I'm good now..BTW my wife who is vaccinated got it both times as well

I mean I have just no idea how your wife could have got it - she sounds like she’s doing everything sensible.

It’s almost as if she then goes home to someone who has gone out of their way to do the least possible to look after her?

I have severe reaction to acetaminophen that's one of the "weird" allergies I have..but anyway, sorry to hear what you're going thru and I respect your opinions.. like I said I'm not against it, I just don't want it for ME..I don't see how me not getting it harms someone who has the vaccine if we both can carry the virus.
It’s not you specifically, but the millions of others just like you who don’t get vaccinated and end up taking up valuable ER space/resources and end up harming others directly or indirectly. Medical professionals are burnt the F out because of unvaccinated people who continue to cause hospital surges over and over. It’s not you I have a problem with, but your mentality about vaccination that I find ridiculous.

I have severe reaction to acetaminophen that's one of the "weird" allergies I have..but anyway, sorry to hear what you're going thru and I respect your opinions.. like I said I'm not against it, I just don't want it for ME..I don't see how me not getting it harms someone who has the vaccine if we both can carry the virus.
Because the idea is that the more people are vaccinated the less the virus can spread. In addition, the more people are vaccinated the fewer serious cases and hospitalizations there will be.

If you are vaccinated then you are less likely to get infected and therefore less likely to transmit the virus.

Again, seems like we have a person that doesn't understand how vaccines work
I'm a carpenter not a doctor my fault..and I'm not buying if your vaccinated you can't carry it BS I know a ton of people who tested positive with the vaccine.. including my wife who had it twice.. both times she had before me and I was exposed to her and that's how I got it..but I'm not here to argue, that's the whole point of my original post

I'm a carpenter not a doctor my fault..and I'm not buying if your vaccinated you can't carry it BS I know a ton of people who tested positive with the vaccine.. including my wife who had it twice.. both times she had before me and I was exposed to her and that's how I got it..but I'm not here to argue, that's the whole point of my original post
Nobody has ever said that - what is clear is that you are significantly less likely to contract the virus yourself and if you do you are significantly less likely to pass it to others.

It’s not complicated in the least.

I mean I have just no idea how your wife could have got it - she sounds like she’s doing everything sensible.

It’s almost as if she then goes home to someone who has gone out of their way to do the least possible to look after her?
1 she went to Vegas and got sick
2 she is a public school teacher ...I work for myself in customers homes

Was at a work conference in ATL Weds-Fri. I masked up everywhere except in conference room with coworkers cause our lunches were served in there too. Back home since Fri night and felt the slightest of tickle in my throat about an hr ago so I'm isolating from my wife cause I don't want to risk it. We're both double vaxxed & boosted (all Pfizer).

Right now my throat feels like I just got over a bout of draining phlegm so it's not sore or scratchy. I'm hoping it's just the cold/dryness in the air from being outside for 3+ hrs in 40° weather.

I'm not even sure I have it so what else should I expect symptom wise beyond loss of smell/taste?

Was at a work conference in ATL Weds-Fri. I masked up everywhere except in conference room with coworkers cause our lunches were served in there too. Back home since Fri night and felt the slightest of tickle in my throat about an hr ago so I'm isolating from my wife cause I don't want to risk it. We're both double vaxxed & boosted (all Pfizer).

Right now my throat feels like I just got over a bout of draining phlegm so it's not sore or scratchy. I'm hoping it's just the cold/dryness in the air from being outside for 3+ hrs in 40° weather.

I'm not even sure I have it so what else should I expect symptom wise beyond loss of smell/taste?

I'd get tested, thats basically my symptoms. I had a sore throat for 2 hours other that that its just congestion, dry cough. no loss of taste or smell.

yeah, loss of taste and smell doesn’t seem to be a primary symptom with Omicron. Most common symptoms are similar to a head cold, with sore throat, congestion, runny nose, headache, body aches. You got any rapid tests?

yeah, loss of taste and smell doesn’t seem to be a primary symptom with Omicron. Most common symptoms are similar to a head cold, with sore throat, congestion, runny nose, headache, body aches. You got any rapid tests?
Idk if it's as prevalent with Omicron as the other variants but I know a few people who got the Omicron variant and lost their sense of taste/smell either fully or to some extent. Other than that they described it as a really bad cold or along the lines of a flu.

8A1C12E5-C8D2-4DC1-AF5B-CE9C7AC8ECBE.jpeg

Idk if it's as prevalent with Omicron as the other variants but I know a few people who got the Omicron variant and lost their sense of taste/smell either fully or to some extent. Other than that they described it as a really bad cold or along the lines of a flu.
Did they eventually get their taste/smell back?

Did they eventually get their taste/smell back?
All but one of them got it back within roughly 2 weeks at most. One still hasn't gotten it back and it's been around 3 weeks now since she tested positive.

Yea, definitely possible but not a signature feature like before where many people knew they had it immediately when they couldn’t smell/taste all of a sudden.

Welp me and both my parents just tested positive. My dad had what he thought was a cold starting like last weekend so he didn’t think anything of it and didn’t get tested. Early in the week my mom got it and then I started feeling it Thursday and I tested negative Thursday and Friday so I figured if I don’t have it none of us do and it must actually just be a cold
My dad was supposed to go back to work teaching tomorrow so we all took tests and we’re all positive

We’re all vaxed but my dads the only one with a booster. It seemed like a slightly worse than normal cold.All our symptoms are different too, my moms the only one who lost taste/smell and had body aches. None of us had fevers. Sometimes I get hot/cold flashes and my chest def hurts when I take a deep breath. Runny noses and coughs

I think we’re on the tail end of it now though, hopefully at least

What am I supposed to do now? Stay home for 5 days? Supposed to work Wednesday but I’m down for some time off :lol:

I'm very proud of you and agree with everything you're doing.

Welp me and both my parents just tested positive. My dad had what he thought was a cold starting like last weekend so he didn’t think anything of it and didn’t get tested. Early in the week my mom got it and then I started feeling it Thursday and I tested negative Thursday and Friday so I figured if I don’t have it none of us do and it must actually just be a cold
My dad was supposed to go back to work teaching tomorrow so we all took tests and we’re all positive

We’re all vaxed but my dads the only one with a booster. It seemed like a slightly worse than normal cold.All our symptoms are different too, my moms the only one who lost taste/smell and had body aches. None of us had fevers. Sometimes I get hot/cold flashes and my chest def hurts when I take a deep breath. Runny noses and coughs

I think we’re on the tail end of it now though, hopefully at least

What am I supposed to do now? Stay home for 5 days? Supposed to work Wednesday but I’m down for some time off :lol:

Just drink some DayQuil and crush some edibles. :lol:

I’d test again when you don’t have any spymtoms. I tested today after 5 days and it’s still positive but I have congestion still. Waste of a test.

Might as well turn this thread into the pro vaccine thread :lol:

Someone gives theirs point of view and gets crucified :lol:

Back
Top Bottom