Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I read it and thought that we are not out of the woods yet and that it was very relevant. A majority of people are vaccinated and many let their guard down when it's not safe like that out here in these streets.

Yeah, I am mostly talking about the headline

People have definitely let their guard down, as evidenced by the low updated booster rates

At this point I’m not sure there’s much of a difference between someone unvaxed and a person who only received the 2 initial shots

I finally got it after all this time. Initially it felt like a cold then I took a rapid test to cancel it out and immediately saw 2 lines. Currently in isolation and trying to make the most of the situation

Props for taking things seriously and taking the proper precautions to help stop the spread. Hopefully you have a full recovery and you get through this with little discomfort and mild effects.

smell-it-sniff.gif

I want to rejoin the gym so bad. I know two people who recently got covid from going though. Fuuuhhhh!!!! This sucks!
90% of people at my gym don't wear one, self included and I just got the most recent vax FYI, guess I'm one of the lucky ones to never knowingly have covid. Have only had minor colds for couple days last few years.

Is it still waiting 6 months to get the second booster after a recent infection? Got covid in September after traveling for the first time in three years and I’m itching to get my second booster. Don’t want to wait until March to get it if i can get it earlier

Is it still waiting 6 months to get the second booster after a recent infection? Got covid in September after traveling for the first time in three years and I’m itching to get my second booster. Don’t want to wait until March to get it if i can get it earlier
Minimum 3 months. Getting it too close to a recent infection (or vaccine dose) doesn’t give your long lasting B/T cells a chance to mature.

So is Moderna still king or what?

Talked with my mom this past Sunday, & she wasn’t feeling good after work, saying she had caught a cold…I said, “ how do you know it’s just a cold ma? You should take a test” Sure enough, sent sent me a pic of a positive test. She’s 64, had the first 3 shots, but then hadn’t got a booster for this fall. Thankfully she didn’t feel too terribly throughout it, but her voice sounded rough through yesterday. All in all, she is in good health & no co-morbidities.

glad she’s good, that reminds me I need to get a shot too.

I only got the first two shots, probably wanna get another since dudes at work are all catching it.

So is Moderna still king or what?

Talked with my mom this past Sunday, & she wasn’t feeling good after work, saying she had caught a cold…I said, “ how do you know it’s just a cold ma? You should take a test” Sure enough, sent sent me a pic of a positive test. She’s 64, had the first 3 shots, but then hadn’t got a booster for this fall. Thankfully she didn’t feel too terribly throughout it, but her voice sounded rough through yesterday. All in all, she is in good health & no co-morbidities.

The problem is that her last vaccination would have been about a year ago - so it was one of the OG vaccines which are less effective against new strains and a long time ago and it seems clear that protection wanes with time.

I’m having the same conversation a lot at the moment though - people just assume it’s not covid rather than consider it might be and act accordingly.

I’m worried about this weekend. It’s my mom’s 70th birthday and she’s desperate for everyone to get together - if we didn’t go that would be huge drama. But, this week her and my dad (retired doctor…) are out everywhere, my sister and her kids are at a million things - and the last time we did this was when we said we shouldn’t and they said “it’ll be fine - we’ll all take a test…” and then one of them was sick and it meant one of my kids got sick, I had 10 days off work at a busy time and we had Christmas on our own. They’ll be closing windows because “it’s a bit chilly in here” and everything. I don’t trust any of them at all.

My new boss just recovered from Covid. He had his bivalent booster about 1.5 months before he got it. He experienced bad sore throat and felt tired easily. It took about 10 days until he got better. What shocked me was he was at the department luncheon and even stood right behind me where he already experienced the symptoms early that week. Luckily, he was being responsible and wore mask the whole time. Otherwise, Im sure I'd get it too at that point.

the most annoying thing about the vax is the records of the shots.. i log into healthvana it shows 2 but i've taken 3 :smh:

From what I understand if you’re an addict and have to be anaesthetised/in a coma the drugs they use control the withdrawal symptoms and they’ll also give something like methadone if necessary. Not a good situation though.
Yeah that's true. He could very easily be on a versed drip, which would help control withdrawal symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom