Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
It finally got me. Got it from my mom of all people, still dont know how she got it and she barely goes out. She was sick over the weekend, I started feeling a bit sick on Monday, yesterday I tested positive. Today I feel ok still, only difference from yesterday and today is a bit of a scratchy throat. Yesterday was just chills which I poped Tylenol for. I asked my oncologist what should I do since yall know I was a cancer patient, well im still doing immiunotherapy but my counts are pretty normal. Anyways, doc prescribed me paxlovid. Anyone take this? My friend said her doc gave it to her but it made her tummy feel really crappy so she stopped. Like I said, I feel ok today and I usually hate taking stuff like this unless I really need to.

We gon let you take the lead on that one fam

Eff it took my first dose like 30 min ago. I was shivering like mad right before I took it, was contemplating if I really needed it or not and I was like yup ok lemme take it. Took it with a Tylenol and the shivering stopped, my stuffiness cleared up and I feel a little better actually, I wasnt too bad to begin with though.

I think they're recommending paxlovid for most adults now, no shortages or anything plus you're immunocompromised. let us know how it goes breh.

I'll keep updates, thankfully with the immunotherapy im on my counts dont drop too much, right now im technically not immunocompromised but I told my onc yesterday I tested positive and he texted me this morning to go pick up the paxlovid, and take it. Thats it. :lol:

I'll keep updates, thankfully with the immunotherapy im on my counts dont drop too much, right now im technically not immunocompromised but I told my onc yesterday I tested positive and he texted me this morning to go pick up the paxlovid, and take it. Thats it. :lol:

feel better fam

i'm about 2 weeks since negative, still got a light cough. not sure if i picked up something else or some ****

Makes sense for you to take it - hopefully has you feeling better too.

Honestly so far the only thing thats really giving me some trouble is the chills. I just took another Tylenol cause I am FREEZING without it. Good thing is that it helps almost right away, bad thing is that after I take it I feel hot and sweat a bit. I cant get into a just right temp. :lol:

Word is that the free rapid test program through USPS will start up again tomorrow: www.usps.com/covidtests

I’ve got quite a few expired tests, so I could use some more. Cases are exploding in my area, doubled in 1 week. Christmas gatherings are gonna be a superspreader.

You probably the most knowledgeable dude here bruh, anything about paxlovid you read about or anything?

You probably the most knowledgeable dude here bruh, anything about paxlovid you read about or anything?

Really just got to talk to your doc about it honestly.

From my own research on it, I've only seen people that were high risk for severe symptoms, or have serious enough to go see doctor get a script for it. In addition, studies have shown it does reduces the chances of long covid, so that seems like a win.

Benefits outweigh the risks, hands down. As someone who is immunosuppressed, you should definitely be taking it. Both my parents and 3 grandparents have taken it. No issues at all. Full recovery, no rebound, no long COVID. Biggest complaint I’ve heard of was altered taste while on it, which resolves quickly.

Took the 2nd dose of Paxlovid at midnight last night. Woke up this morning and I have to say...

I feel pretty alright. Still stuffy, throat is a tad sore, still cant taste anything (this actually been happening to me since I was a kid if im sick) and sleeping is actually a chore (I keep walking up every 2 hours or whatever) but its def not worse, body feels fine!

Last edited:
Just checked some of mine, the label says expired but they have extended expiry dates if I check the site.

IIRC, they were originally approved with very short expiration dates, then extended when the companies had time to do further testing. My guess is alot of the sick people who are infected with "not COVID" right now are using expired kits they got early in the pandemic. Either that or they just aren't testing.

Back
Top Bottom