HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

France Seeks to Ban the Destruction of Unsold Luxury Clothing

France is seeking to ban the destruction of unsold clothing and non-food products by 2023 in an effort to cut down on luxury good waste and enforce greater sustainability practices under its anti-waste campaign. The move, which French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe called a “world first” in his announcement on Tuesday, would also extend over to household appliances, beauty and hygiene products.

According to Forbes, more than $730 million USD of unsold inventory is destroyed every year in France, with luxury houses being some of the biggest offenders of the practice. The ban is expected to be introduced in an anti-waste bill next month, which would call for manufacturers to relinquish any unused stock for re-use or recycling. There will reportedly be “concessions” for high-fashion brands in order to protect their intellectual property rights.

“We can find a viable economic model, make sure that anything unsold is given away… or… broken down for re-use. We can avoid the destruction of products that are perfectly good, this scandalous waste,” stated Philippe.

Recent shifts in the industry toward sustainability have caused labels to greatly alter their practices. Burberry, for example, announced in the fall that it would stop destroying its unsaleable items after it was uncovered that the company had burned $38 million USD worth of product in 2017.

Just send those things to the outlet...

France have some dope high-end outlet: Gucci, Monclear, Burberry etc

they could have a store/warehouse like swoosh where emplyees get to shop at a discount, doesn't even need to be a huge discount, 10% off and friends and families will swarm that place

France Seeks to Ban the Destruction of Unsold Luxury Clothing

France is seeking to ban the destruction of unsold clothing and non-food products by 2023 in an effort to cut down on luxury good waste and enforce greater sustainability practices under its anti-waste campaign. The move, which French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe called a “world first” in his announcement on Tuesday, would also extend over to household appliances, beauty and hygiene products.

According to Forbes, more than $730 million USD of unsold inventory is destroyed every year in France, with luxury houses being some of the biggest offenders of the practice. The ban is expected to be introduced in an anti-waste bill next month, which would call for manufacturers to relinquish any unused stock for re-use or recycling. There will reportedly be “concessions” for high-fashion brands in order to protect their intellectual property rights.

“We can find a viable economic model, make sure that anything unsold is given away… or… broken down for re-use. We can avoid the destruction of products that are perfectly good, this scandalous waste,” stated Philippe.

Recent shifts in the industry toward sustainability have caused labels to greatly alter their practices. Burberry, for example, announced in the fall that it would stop destroying its unsaleable items after it was uncovered that the company had burned $38 million USD worth of product in 2017.

I know LVMH burns whole containers worth of ish rather than send it overseas to refugees etc

When I was in Paris in 2012 Hermes had a big warehouse sale. I assumed it was old stock but tons of stuff it was incredible thinking back. I got a pair of quantum sneakers for $300 my uncle got a pair of denim too.

Recent pickups
A9955241-F78F-42EE-A20B-2A76064AC0A6.jpeg

14F190D2-1BD5-47CF-9A0B-F09D743CE0CD.jpeg

095808ED-21F5-495C-9D14-49E57E5DB9AA.jpeg

F6C5D7CA-6140-4D99-95A1-51031A1CBA14.jpeg

2461EA31-EA28-473A-BAFB-5EB28445DA4F.jpeg

D5D693E5-6239-44B3-A9CE-C65635E20D26.jpeg

7A84CB25-8010-43ED-AB43-9CE9F9F3BD76.jpeg

16712E69-7A16-4B63-ADE2-CA8A2E871882.jpeg

I’m kinda new to this semi fancy part of niketalk
Can y’all recommend me some black pants?
I like the stone island type cargo joints and stuff like that
As a shorter dude I fit there sizing relatively well
Any tips is appreciated

I see your question went un-answered.

Depends on your budget and style. For me being that I have large quads and I’m tall...I usually purchase the same brand.

I’m a simple guy. Nothing too flashy.

Stretchable and softer denim- Hudson. Rag & Bone. J Brand.

Raw denim - Nudies. Tapered - Diesel

You have a higher end tier:

Amiri (younger look), SLP, Dsquared

Since you like cargo style - check out G-star

Last edited:
jeans are one of those things you got to try on since there are too many factors to consider to get the fit you want

Reactions: JPS
I feel like I have tried them all, and Levi 501s are my favorite fit, Acne if I want a little slimmer. :lol:

Like all have said preferences/body type play a huge part in what people wear. I've got a slim waist for my thighs and *** (pause)

mrporter with further reduction, check your wishlist and see if theyve hit that 60% off mark yet

they also usually tell you if there is one of that item left so if its at that point then id go ahead and get it

worse comes to worst, if it price drops in the near future, contact them for a price adjustment and you'd probably get store credit for the difference if you're still within the return window

chances are the next price drops gon be within the next 30 days

yeah i need to start finding the short sleeve pleated tops on sale but i usually only see black

material is super light, whenever i post my pleats in wdywt people think they are cords lol

Back
Top Bottom