HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

I like Jerry and Rhuigi because a lot of the things they design and push are very rooted in West Coast and LA culture. Being born and raised here I like that there are people attempting to define a new class of high end that caters to other lifestyles and aesthetics.

I can understand that I will also blindly support someone if their from my area.

As an east coaster though I just dont resonate with the two.

I think Rhude is the most accessible of the LA trio. Ima throw Jawn Elliott in to make da 4 horsemen

i was about to say FOG is like JE if you wanted a more relaxed/loose vibe
Wholly agreed. They’re my fave if the 4. I tend to mix and match certain pieces. For graphics I like rhude. I own 4 tees, hoodie, and a pair of their track pants. All on sale though

Of the four LA brands mentioned (FOG, Amiri, Rhude, JE), John Elliott is the most practical to wear if you wanted quality everyday clothes. And I'd choose JE out of the four if I had to pick one designer of the four to fill up my whole wardrobe.

I personally think Jerry is the top designer out of the four, but his pieces aren't the most practical compared to the other four. And to the everyday consumer who doesn't know about fashion FOG is probably the most polarizing.

I like Amiri and he has the best denim of the four. However, a lot of his pieces look tacky/gaudish to me.

While I don't think Rhuigi is the most talented of the four, I just dig his aesthetic and his brand resonates more with me. His pieces are a little more practical compared to FOG and Amiri but I like how he adds some flare to it. He still needs to find himself and carve out his own lane but the potential is definitely there. I really like his graphic tees, hawaiian shirts, and his track pants.

Reactions: JPS
both has the speed streak but the “R” font is all Lakers

1586401326511.png

1586401354619.jpeg

Of the four LA brands mentioned (FOG, Amiri, Rhude, JE), John Elliott is the most practical to wear if you wanted quality everyday clothes. And I'd choose JE out of the four if I had to pick one designer of the four to fill up my whole wardrobe.

I personally think Jerry is the top designer out of the four, but his pieces aren't the most practical compared to the other four. And to the everyday consumer who doesn't know about fashion FOG is probably the most polarizing.

I like Amiri and he has the best denim of the four. However, a lot of his pieces look tacky/gaudish to me.

While I don't think Rhuigi is the most talented of the four, I just dig his aesthetic and his brand resonates more with me. His pieces are a little more practical compared to FOG and Amiri but I like how he adds some flare to it. He still needs to find himself and carve out his own lane but the potential is definitely there. I really like his graphic tees, hawaiian shirts, and his track pants.

How is FoG not practical?

Just say you arent into the oversized look. I dont think it has to do with price points judging by what you were saying.

I like Amiri's jeans, the stretch makes them comfortable to wear and the stacks look good on boots and sneakers. I do feel like lately his distressing is a lot less detailed than it used to be and the MX1 template is starting to feel stale.

Nothing on the high-end side is practical.

You ain't Jay *****
I agree but there’s somewhat levels to this.

SLP leather jacket is timeless so it could be considered more practical than most other designer pieces.

Gucci Loafers are practical in terms of the grand scheme of high end stuff .

How is FoG not practical?

Just say you arent into the oversized look. I dont think it has to do with price points judging by what you were saying.
I meant to say, I don't know how well FOG will age as most pieces are trendy rather than being timeless.

For example, JE pieces you'll be able to wear years from now.

And I love the oversized/boxy look... I like the juxtaposition between oversized tops and tailored pants.

I agree but there’s somewhat levels to this.

SLP leather jacket is timeless so it could be considered more practical than most other designer pieces.

Gucci Loafers are practical in terms of the grand scheme of high end stuff .
This is what I was trying to say...

In the grand scheme of things, Designer clothes aren't practical and simply not a necessity.

But in the designer world, things like the SLP leather jacket, teddy jacket, Wyatt boots.... These pieces will stand the test of time and will still be trendy/relevant 10-20 years from now.

I meant to say, I don't know how well FOG will age as most pieces are trendy rather than being timeless.

For example, JE pieces you'll be able to wear years from now.

And I love the oversized/boxy look... I like the juxtaposition between oversized tops and tailored pants.

This is what I was trying to say...

In the grand scheme of things, Designer clothes aren't practical and simply not a necessity.

But in the designer world, things like the SLP leather jacket, teddy jacket, Wyatt boots.... These pieces will stand the test of time and will still be trendy/relevant 10-20 years from now.

True, not everything needs to be something that lasts til the end of time though.

True, not everything needs to be something that lasts til the end of time though.
Agreed, like I said I'm a big fan of/and I own mainline FOG and Essentials but I'm just being honest about it being trendy rather than a timeless piece.

I myself purchase trendy designer items and I enjoy wearing it. But if I were being honest I don't see myself rocking these items 5-10 years from now. Not necessarily a bad thing, it's just the honest truth lol.

Agreed, like I said I'm a big fan of/and I own mainline FOG and Essentials but I'm just being honest about it being trendy rather than a timeless piece.

I myself purchase trendy designer items and I enjoy wearing it. But if I were being honest I don't see myself rocking these items 5-10 years from now. Not necessarily a bad thing, it's just the honest truth lol.

Naw I get it. Im the type where I dont think about how timeless it is or not (to an extent). If I like it ill get it lol.

Back
Top Bottom