HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

cop for the low?

I want these especially because of the hell yeah

low enough, half off

Does anyone know when is Mr Porter US sale start?

soon, i got an email yesterday saying to get ready for it and to throw stuff in the wishlist now

So I ordered the LV trainer low once again from goat thinking they would get it right this time and not be so f*cking dumb! So the first time I ordered a 7.5 thinking it would be a UK 7.5 I got lucky they found a flaw and sent me pictures of shoe and I realized it was a 6.5 UK so they told me they list US sizes , so going by that an 8.5 popped up and I jumped on it immediately! An 8.5 US is suppose to be a UK 7.5 so I got the shoes today and these clowns send me UK 8.5 😡 I’m so damn mad right now. Even after order I contacted them and someone there even told me an 8.5 US was a 7.5 UK SMH! They better give me my money back ASAP! Why not just list shoes that’s in UK sizes in damn UK sizes instead of having customers guess , makes no sense at all

sorry about another tough experience, ive never used them but have heard terrible experiences, not sure if it was you or another member that got a different shoe for the left and the right and had the nerve to put the "seal" that it was inspected :lol:

0CB74EAA-8FDA-4D61-A849-8BB1E40E32F9.jpeg

7CFF4B1F-212C-430A-9E77-A13560188341.jpeg

16989434-0B28-4CEF-9BD5-900CCB5F5E46.jpeg

Stussy x Dior Pt2 sneak peak. Awful, but The Rock would be proud. :lol:

Last edited:
Y'all spend this much on clothing and don't have decent tailors? Why worry about what's in rather than getting things tailored to you. Some of you look wild foolish

Skinny jeans and for fitting tight shirts only thing that tickle your fancy? Dressing Better thread is in the general forum.

Y'all spend this much on clothing and don't have decent tailors? Why worry about what's in rather than getting things tailored to you. Some of you look wild foolish

Personally I’m not tailoring any high end garment. Takes away from the original design & could effect future value. All of this stuff retains a high resale value on the secondary market.

I don't see why not. If it's I'll fitting, it'll still look bad. Tailor it. I'm shaped a Lil disproportionately fr fr so it's a must.
Unless ultimately this all for show and/or y'all plan on reselling.
Pretty much.

unless you literally have the proportions of a model, all rtw is designed to be tailored, that's just the nature of rtw.

designer items hold far less value over time than most people imagine, especially if your items are used rather than "archived"; there's always a handful or so (authentic) box leather birkins listed on ebay for less than 10k, even though they retail for at least 12-16k now, and flip (in new condition) for upwards of 20, they obviously haven't held their value because they've been used. like, sure, it's technically worth more than a similar full-leather tote put out by coach or mulberry would be, but it's not like these items are a "good investment" that you can actually reasonably expect any kind of financial return on, especially if you have any intention of wearing them

it's a very specific subset of iconic items that hold their value rather than literally anything put out by a house at any point in time--hence why you'll see a lot of designer handbags on therealreal and whatnot listed for a fifth of what they originally retailed for...maybe you just shouldn't buy things you intend to sell...

a (good) tailor's job isn't to destroy the silhouette of a garment, it's to conform a garment to your body, since it was obviously originally designed outside of your own body's specifications. would you never hem the length of a pair of pants? or shorten a sleeve length on a jacket you sized up because of your broad shoulders?

Last edited:
unless you literally have the proportions of a model, all rtw is designed to be tailored, that's just the nature of rtw.

i disagree

loose and baggy hoodies and tees arent meant to be tailored, they are meant to be worn as is, same with skinny and cropped clothes

even jeans, the stacks are meant to be or else the hem would be unfinished

RTW mean ready to wear so having majority of it meant to be tailored makes no sense

there are exceptions based on a persons preference but for the most part if it doesnt fit you then make it work or it might not be meant for you, there are just some brand that isnt made for some people and thats just life

like rick owens and their super long sleeves, its not meant to shorten those sleeves on leather jackets, a capable leather worker is very difficult to find so you just wear them as is or go another brand

i'm not saying loose and baggy hoodies/tees are supposed to be tailored to be form-fitting, i'm saying a lot of these fits can be further improved, which can be achieved with tailoring, rather than giving up on a garment altogether

Makes no sense to buy an ill-fitting garment, period.
makes no sense to design clothes based on one model that gets scaled up/down that people are forced to conform their bodies to rather than design garments around people's individual bodies, but here we are

Back
Top Bottom