HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

any nters in their 30's in this thread ? maybe i'm just getting old/am old but feels like nikes/jordans are too juvenile for me to wear now. my lifestyle is pretty casual and for work i don't have to dress up some i don't need to wear suits and dress suits but i feel like maybe i need to start looking into luxury/designer sneakers. anyone else that can relate ? although most of the posters in this thread are probably in the mid to late 20's.

Today’s pickup

825A78BF-786D-49D5-9695-D3682384BCC6.jpeg

I can't say Nikes/Jordans are juvenile, but the hoops you gotta jump through now to get them are. The fun is gone for me.

No lie a big part of my pivot back towards high end stuff is simply availability. If I see it and like it I can usually get it with minimal hassle.

Most of the designer sneakers are based of classic Nikes , adidas and lately even New B’s

I heard that if you get Chrome Hearts Converse, they replace the shoe for you when they shoe is worn for free... any truth?

Most of the designer sneakers are based of classic Nikes , adidas and lately even New B’s

Correct. I'm 39. I felt the way dude felt a few years ago. Instead of paying resell I might as well just buy designer shoes. Then I realized the designer stuff you may get a season or two out of them before they are done. With Jordan's especially the OG colorways they are timeless and as long as they are in decent condition you can trade then or sell them for something.

Who remembers when the Balenciaga Arena and the trainer ran this thread? You can't give those shoes away now let alone sell them. I have four pairs of Louboutin sneakers in my closet collecting dust that I have no use for. You get more utility out of the Jordan stuff in my opinion.

I just sold all my Balenciaga Arena on eBay for $150 each. Had 4 pairs. :lol: People still do wear them.

Even offload my Balenciaga Pleats.

I just sold all my Balenciaga Arena on eBay for $150 each. Had 4 pairs. :lol: People still do wear them.

Even offload my Balenciaga Pleats.

Not the Pleats! Lol, what color did you sell? I loved those, man. I had Arenas, black pleats, and the perforated pair but the pleats were the best.

Sold the Black ones - just was sitting in the closet for so long. Plus I’m not a huge fan of high top sneakers. Most of my collection are lows and some mids.

Last edited:
I heard that if you get Chrome Hearts Converse, they replace the shoe for you when they shoe is worn for free... any truth?

i dont think so. They use older made in usa chucks back in the day. Not sure bout the ones that are available in store.

Correct. I'm 39. I felt the way dude felt a few years ago. Instead of paying resell I might as well just buy designer shoes. Then I realized the designer stuff you may get a season or two out of them before they are done. With Jordan's especially the OG colorways they are timeless and as long as they are in decent condition you can trade then or sell them for something.

Who remembers when the Balenciaga Arena and the trainer ran this thread? You can't give those shoes away now let alone sell them. I have four pairs of Louboutin sneakers in my closet collecting dust that I have no use for. You get more utility out of the Jordan stuff in my opinion.

if you bought visvim or rick owens/drkshdw, you can pretty much get bout 70-80% back

I bought SL10s years ago because pricing was similar to 01 Breds so I thought, why not? It just wasn't the same tbh. Ended up selling the SL10s like 3 years ago and still want the 01 Breds but prices are wild.

I think it really depends on the shoe but for Nike/New Balance, I think I rather get actual shoe than the designer rips of the shoes. That said, I do like the MMM gats over the original gats.

Raf Vandals may be only rip where I like it better than Nike Vandals.

for me i was referring more to the style of certain shoes rather than the look a likes.

for example, wearing some all white low cp Achilles type style shoes vs some hype up nike dunk lows or something etc. just more "grown" man looking shoes. i guess the definition of grown is different for everyone one.

I'm 35, and my style changed not so much because of my age, but because of life circumstances.

When I first had my daughter, I realized that I don't want to wear designer clothes and get spit-up on them. Now I have two kids and a lot of the outings and activities are for them. I wear designer shoes less because comfort is more important. Imagine walking all day at the zoo or a children's museum. Earlier this year, we got a dog - less black clothing due to fur.

I'll still wear certain items when I take my wife out on date nights, but day to day, I'm wearing much more basic items.

Back
Top Bottom