HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

for me, its hard to explain but most nikes/jordans silhouette doesnt work, at first i thought it was the bulk but its really more the shape, like i can wear ramones, geobaskets, etc… but i cant most bbal shoes, even the XIs which are the only AJs i buy these days i just make work because I like it a lot

i love AJ1’s but when it comes to highs i prefer the SL10s, it has the look but its sleeker and probably due to less padding up top, i love the SL10h AJ colorways and when I want to wear AJ1s these days its the lows

even the arenas, i can wear them better than some blazers which is kind of the same shape-ish

i dont know, it is weird but to my eyes those look better, another examples the virgil LV trainers, they look better overall than the NB550 and remove the brand logos and i can tell the two apart and choose LV 99% of the time

i also feel like Nikes/Jordans look worse worn out while a lot of the designers actually looks better, even the faux patina on the rhecess hi

I can't say Nikes/Jordans are juvenile, but the hoops you gotta jump through now to get them are. The fun is gone for me.

No lie a big part of my pivot back towards high end stuff is simply availability. If I see it and like it I can usually get it with minimal hassle.

Theres some stuff thats extra but for the most part its just raffles. That isnt really jumping through hoops and stuff.

I can't say Nikes/Jordans are juvenile, but the hoops you gotta jump through now to get them are. The fun is gone for me.

No lie a big part of my pivot back towards high end stuff is simply availability. If I see it and like it I can usually get it with minimal hassle.
Jumping through hoops just to spend your money. On top of that if every release is ruined via insider trading and bots, you have to pay extreme mark up. It's ridiculous.

for me, its hard to explain but most nikes/jordans silhouette doesnt work, at first i thought it was the bulk but its really more the shape, like i can wear ramones, geobaskets, etc… but i cant most bbal shoes, even the XIs which are the only AJs i buy these days i just make work because I like it a lot

i love AJ1’s but when it comes to highs i prefer the SL10s, it has the look but its sleeker and probably due to less padding up top, i love the SL10h AJ colorways and when I want to wear AJ1s these days its the lows

even the arenas, i can wear them better than some blazers which is kind of the same shape-ish

i dont know, it is weird but to my eyes those look better, another examples the virgil LV trainers, they look better overall than the NB550 and remove the brand logos and i can tell the two apart and choose LV 99% of the time

i also feel like Nikes/Jordans look worse worn out while a lot of the designers actually looks better, even the faux patina on the rhecess hi

I complained about some squeaking about my SL10H black/red (which i got rid of with some felt tape) but the one thing I have to say is that they actually got the color right compared to the 2016 black/red 1s. The red on that Jordan 1 pair was too damn dark and was the reason I got rid of them. It's a shame when Nike/Jordan can't even get their own shoes right.

I do agree though, it looks like a more formal shoe that I can put together with a "dressed down formal" look when I want to wear something less casual but don't want to be suited up either.

Arenas are really versatile to me as well. I wear my white/gum pair with damn near everything, despite the age of the shoe, and it still doesn't look too old due to me cleaning them and using shoe trees. I'd love for Balenciaga to go back to that era instead of the random trash they're throwing out these days

Theres some stuff thats extra but for the most part its just raffles. That isnt really jumping through hoops and stuff.

To you it isn’t. I have kids, a family and a job I go to 5 nights a week. Keeping up with all the raffles gets tedious and it’s time consuming. Plus you have to enter 50 just for a chance to “win” 1 pair. It’s easier to just pay resale, but then I think do I really want to spend $400+ on some poorly constructed retro Nikes? It’s getting easier and easier to just pass and cop something else.

I'm 35, and my style changed not so much because of my age, but because of life circumstances.

When I first had my daughter, I realized that I don't want to wear designer clothes and get spit-up on them. Now I have two kids and a lot of the outings and activities are for them. I wear designer shoes less because comfort is more important. Imagine walking all day at the zoo or a children's museum. Earlier this year, we got a dog - less black clothing due to fur.

I'll still wear certain items when I take my wife out on date nights, but day to day, I'm wearing much more basic items.

i'm 31 and just had my first child, so i'm definitely right there with you. my son spits up on almost everything, so no use in wearing expensive clothing right now. i also work from home, and comfort is king. i mainly wear stone island tops with air maxes/new balances to run around with my kid, errands, etc. and then of course dress up when i go out. no, i don't think sneakers are juvenile. i also don't care what people think of what i wear tbh. i care what about what i wear.

449CD99D-BD14-4CDD-8521-7EDA0C40E0B5.jpeg

DBA76549-4302-42C3-8D8B-CEDBD29CB517.jpeg

This Napapijri x Martine Rose jacket lowkey may have been one of my fav last pickups of the Barneys days. I just fits super nice, its a size small but the way its built gives off a nice silhouette. Most other jackets I get an L-XL. Pants are Caterpillar if anyones curiosi, and yes not a fancy Japanese brand or something, Caterpillar which..idk dont they make cranes and bulldozers. :lol:

ssense sale up to 70% off

worth it to browse through, might find a gem

some of the rhecess hi’s are less than $200

Sense removed a bunch of items from their sale as the discounts increased. Was looking for a pair of homme plisse trousers that I bought last week to see if they hit further discount to see if I can get a price adjustment, and they just magically disappeared. :lol:

yah they do that especially if they can move it to next season

missed out on trying the BV lug boots

Sense removed a bunch of items from their sale as the discounts increased. Was looking for a pair of homme plisse trousers that I bought last week to see if they hit further discount to see if I can get a price adjustment, and they just magically disappeared. :lol:

I believe they have a policy that if the price change within 14 days - they do a price difference to your payment method.

Back
Top Bottom