HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

Lanvin captoes are classic. With that said, I can understand why some 20-something year old kid who's dressed by the internet would think otherwise. But after a few years, once they realize how much money they waste by buying trendy stuff they only wear once or twice, they'll begin to understand the appeal.

flyknitlvr flyknitlvr Exactly. I’m not even going at anyone because everyone has their own tastes and style but I don’t understand why you would bash what’s “classic” and versatile. This age of Instagram and social media like so many have mentioned this trend lately, have caused a whole bunch of people to think that if you aren’t wearing a chunky dad shoe Triple S or a sock runner then you aren’t “in trend or stylish”. I agree with flyknitlvr flyknitlvr that I simply don’t care about what silhouettes are popular now. I invest my money in pieces that are versatile and can work with the clothes that I own now. I’m nowhere near a hypebeast but I also don’t dress like a “60 year old man with style”. I’ve seen the same person bash both Lanvins and Common Projects sneakers and we all know the adoration that CP sneakers get around here. It’s the simple fact that people appreciate versatility and high levels of quality. Both CPs and Lanvins are made extremely well and if I can pick up a very well made pair of sneakers for $150 and under, that’s a score to me.

Lanvin captoes are classic. With that said, I can understand why some 20-something year old kid who's dressed by the internet would think otherwise. But after a few years, once they realize how much money they waste by buying trendy stuff they only wear once or twice, they'll begin to understand the appeal.

Classic yes, boring yes.

Dressed by the internet is a lulz worthy comment. Believe it or not some people actually like stuff that happen to be popular.

Once somehing is popular then all of a sudden it becomes “hypebeast” to like that item. Its a shame.

Classic yes, boring yes.

Dressed by the internet is a lulz worthy comment. Believe it or not some people actually like stuff that happen to be popular.

Once somehing is popular then all of a sudden it becomes “hypebeast” to like that item. Its a shame.

If you’re gonna label people’s taste as boring be prepared to be labeled to be dressed by the internet.

End of the day another man’s coat don’t keep me warm.

JPS with the biggest truth in that comment there and Picasso is just looking like a hypocrite. You've posted bashing people who YOU feel dress boring or just with classic menswear pieces, and then turn around and try to say people are quick to trigger the hypebeast comparisons. Where is the guy who went on the huge tangent about Ed Hardy? :lol: He would be right at home in this conversation. You can post whatever you want but just like JPS said...don't be surprised when people come at you and say you dress like a 20 year old instagram like chasing little kid.

Classic yes, boring yes.

Dressed by the internet or not .All of your fits look like some type of **** you would see at ig accounts that use the hashtags
#fog
#yeezy
So it isnt really “unique “.

He’s just one of the people in here that hates whenever a CP shoe or Lanvin or anything that he considers as boring is posted. The type that only chases Off White Nikes or anything super promoted on IG.

Exhibit A,

A7C41169-AC0B-4B5E-AA85-3A64EA629812.jpeg

Let’s be honest. A lot of us in here dress for status or professionalism if you’re over a certain age. Also to attract women or men or whatever it is you’re into. I just know that most women over the age of 24 would laugh at you if you wear that kind of stuff and think you were 17...

I'm willing to put a lot on 5 -10 years from now people will still be wearing Chuck Taylor's, Stan Smith, certain Nikes, etc. As we go into the future our fashion isn't always 'futuristic'.

The word classic is here for a reason.

But wear what you like & leave the next person alone. Everything definitely isn't for everybody.

spicy Thursday!!!! I like ^ Picasso's fit. I wouldn't be able to pull it off but imo he does.

I agree with Milesb - wear what you likeeeeeee

Last edited:
blackchiney08 blackchiney08 those look surprisingly wearable. I thought the gold might be too much, but doesn't seem that way at all.

Santiags again for me. My outfits are pretty basic: leather jacket, tee, black jeans. As for all the back and forth the last page or so - I can't imagine wearing something with a huge logo on it, but to each their own. Style is subjective right?

IMG_20180323_075128.jpg

I was surprised when I saw them in person myself echau echau . The gold is more of a slight metallic rather than a super shiny tone. They are a dope colorway even though the Breds are still the best imo. I'm happy with them for sure.

Santiags look really nice there as well.

Those Santiags look great. I had a similar pair with a heel like that and I couldn't pull it off. Also on SSense right now and see these Santiag-esque Saint Laurent "Theo" boots. Such trash. Wow.

181418M223009_1.jpg

Ya I don't like those at all. It can't make up it's mind on if it wants to be a chelsea boot or a cowboy boot and it ends up taking the feminine looking route lol.

Classic yes, boring yes.

Cringe worthy comment.

Back
Top Bottom